PDA

View Full Version : RT Pro valve issues

Madmox
09-29-2005, 09:15 PM
I recently got an RT Pro valve for my micromag. I put it together and it seems like it is shooting rediculously fast. It'll drain 1000 psi of HPA in about 5 -7 seconds I think. I don't even have any clue how many BPS its shooting tight now. I don't even there there is a loader that will feed that fast. I know there is no way my xboarded Revy will. It has a level 10 installed that needs a few shims but i don't think that is the problem. It is also shooting on the pull and the release and it hard to make it only shoot once without it running away. Any ideas what i should do? it is this normal? I know nothing about it!

Madmox

spsantos
09-29-2005, 09:33 PM
I recently got an RT Pro valve for my micromag. I put it together and it seems like it is shooting rediculously fast. It'll drain 1000 psi of HPA in about 5 -7 seconds I think. I don't even have any clue how many BPS its shooting tight now. I don't even there there is a loader that will feed that fast. I know there is no way my xboarded Revy will. It has a level 10 installed that needs a few shims but i don't think that is the problem. It is also shooting on the pull and the release and it hard to make it only shoot once without it running away. Any ideas what i should do? it is this normal? I know nothing about it!

Madmox

Hi!, First off, when not actually firing any paintballs, it is normal to drain PSI *much* faster, at least in MAGS.

The X-Valve (or RT-Pro) does have a very high recharge rate, in fact, it's one of the faster valves in the world, it can actually fully recharge about 35 times per second. This depends on input pressure, the higher, the fastest.

You do have a bounce issue, the firing both on pull and release is a sympton of that, some find that adequate (like me :rofl: ), others do not. You can solve that issue firstly by decreasing the input pressure from your tank, IF it's a regulator. If you're using a preset, you may have to request an ON/off pin of another size.

Also, check if your sear rod lengthis up to specs, sometimes this can lead to very weird behaviours.

Madmox
09-30-2005, 11:57 AM
I'll check it out and let you know.
Thanks
Madmox

athomas
09-30-2005, 12:04 PM
Yeah. I'd check the on-off pin, or at least the small on-off top oring.

Madmox
10-02-2005, 03:17 AM
Ok i tried the on off pin thing. Still not working that hot i think i may hurl it at Jay down at pro-teams and see if he can patch it up.

pimpnsince1987
10-02-2005, 05:19 PM
i have an rt valve that has the same problem what input presure should i use. right now its at 800 so should i try lower

athomas
10-02-2005, 06:37 PM
retro valves work very well at about 850psi. If you are having full auto issues, then you need to find the cause.

Known causes:

- bad on-off top oring
- on-off pin too short
- sear worn
- bolt worn
- missing rail bushing