PDA

View Full Version : Trouble with X-valve

cblack
09-30-2005, 07:10 PM
I just got the X-valve and ULE trigger pull kit in and I am having some trouble with it. I was able to find the right carrier to stop it from leaking but when I fire fast it starts couphing. I have had my minimag for 8 years so I don't know if I am just used to the trigger pull of the old A.I.R valve and that is why it is couphing or there is an actual problem that may need adjusting. I tried using different combos of shims in both the x-valve and trigger pull kit but the problem remains. Also I was just wondering if this valve is a gas hog as I have used 2 fills already while try to fix this and each time I only get about 200-300 shots from a 68cu 3000 tank. Is this normal or is there something wrong? I would appreciate any assistance as this is driving me nuts. Thanks.

athomas
09-30-2005, 09:29 PM
If the valve is coughing when firing, try adding a shim or two to the ULT.

The mag will use more air when dry firing, than it will during normal use. Make sure you chrono your setup to determine the correct velocity setting. If it is set high, it will also consume more air. You should be able to get around 600 shots off a 68-3000 tank if the gun is tuned properly with a good barrel length/porting and bolt spring combination.

cblack
10-02-2005, 09:12 PM
thanks, I'll give that a try