PDA

View Full Version : RT ULE Custom VS E-Mag

Vigilantrix
10-04-2005, 10:44 PM
Given the choice, which would you go with? I am on a budget but might consider the E-Mag if the benefits of it over the RT ULE Custom were great enough. What are youre thoughts on the E-Mags performance VS the RT ULE.

MonsterMag
10-04-2005, 10:50 PM
faster , worth more , alot nicer
There a mag then theres an e/x mag ;)

t33kyboy
10-04-2005, 11:11 PM
Well a Emag is just a mag + the E. So performance wise they are identical except for speed.

Get the emag!

SpitFire1299
10-04-2005, 11:52 PM
They both are really nice. You dont short stroke with an Emag.

Counterfeit_Syn5304
10-05-2005, 08:37 AM
In mech mode there is no difference but in electric or hybrid you do feel the differenece. Pull is light, battery pack although big can balance the gun out somewhat, The option to switch modes without having to go press a bunch of buttons is nice, and now you can get emags for a decent price which always helps....I'd get a emag over a regular mag but I wouldn't mind having a pneumag by logic or something like that...

11 Bravo
10-05-2005, 10:13 PM
The rt ule is going to be lighter but the Emag has Poweeerrrrr! :shooting:

warbeak2099
10-06-2005, 07:38 AM
You can pick up a decent used ULE emag for around $600 nowadays. A decent used microemag will run you around $500.

TheTramp
10-06-2005, 10:16 AM
In mech mode there is no difference...

That's not correct. The E-Mag is not designed to fire in mech mode unless it's an emergency. I asked John from AGD why my E-Mag had such a crappy mech trigger compared to my RTP and that's what he told me. The on/off pin is different, the pull is different, and the return is different. E-Mag = mushy and long compared to the RTP. I'd imagine you could set an E-Mag up for fire nicely in mech but that would probably mess up the E mode.

11 Bravo
10-06-2005, 12:06 PM
The Emag trigger is adjusted for firing electronic. If you were going to use it in mech all the time you could adjust it for that. However if you are using it in electric and then have to switch over to mech - you dont have to let the trigger return all that distance.
But I dont have any experience with a mech mag, except 15 years ago and I dont remember much.

pachytriton
10-06-2005, 01:07 PM
I'd say it depends on your budget and how serious about tourneys you want to be
With an rt you'll probably shoot less paint

TheTramp
10-06-2005, 02:22 PM
But I dont have any experience with a mech mag, except 15 years ago and I dont remember much.

If you get the chance to fire a Retro valve style Mag you'll quickly notice the difference.

11 Bravo
10-09-2005, 11:52 PM
If you get the chance to fire a Retro valve style Mag you'll quickly notice the difference.

Your right! I was setting up the ult (with a mech frame) for my new Hypermag and wow that thing could really rip. I just fired it in bursts it was very fast and would be great for woods or scenario ball. The Tippmann rt has nothing on this.