PDA

View Full Version : Seamless CD's

-=Squid=-
10-05-2005, 08:06 AM
So I'm taking a break for being a jerk, and seeking a bit of help.

Does anyone know how to self produce a seamless CD? That is, a 'burned' cd without that 1-2 second pause between tracks.

The company we have to send our tracks to to have our CDs pressed copies EXACTLY how we send them our CD, and we can't figgure out how to get rid of the pause.

Thank ye' dinosaurs.

rkjunior303
10-05-2005, 08:39 AM
In most burning software, there is a setting called "Disc-at-Once."

This will eliminate the pause between tracks.

Automaggot68
10-05-2005, 10:37 AM
You're a jerk.

SCpoloRicker
10-05-2005, 10:41 AM
PEW PEW PEW

/hopefully rkjunior is right
//let us know

Automaggot68
10-05-2005, 11:24 AM
PEW PEW PEW

/hopefully rkjunior is right
//let us know

Depends on what program he's using. Itunes is pretty damned simple.

-=Squid=-
10-05-2005, 11:37 AM
I looked around and even F1'd it with what I'm using. I will look again, and if I have no luck I will try different software.

Derek. We sampled Doom. It's going to be death.

Muzikman
10-05-2005, 11:42 AM
First, I assume these are songs that you recorded? I also assume you are placing these songs on the master CD from a wav file or some other higher quality sound file. My suggestion is if you do not want the break in the songs to combine all the songs in one file. When burning the file, create your different tracks.

BTW, more than likely the company is not "pressing" the CD but just running the CD you send them through a duplicator. Most of the small CD duplication companies do this. Just curious, what comapny are you going with?

Resurection
10-05-2005, 11:45 AM
I use a few different programs and all have an option in there somewhere about removing the pause, or at least offsetting start times by 2-3 seconds.

Tell us what burning program you are using and maybe you can get a more specific answer.

Automaggot68
10-05-2005, 11:51 AM
I looked around and even F1'd it with what I'm using. I will look again, and if I have no luck I will try different software.

Derek. We sampled Doom. It's going to be death.

Excellent.

Yudanja
10-05-2005, 01:47 PM
http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?path=iTunesWin/4.9/en/570xwin.html

for itunes related help.

Other than that, not sure

behemoth
10-05-2005, 01:55 PM
Nero (best burning software ever created) has an check box "Remove 2 second pause between tracks"

:D

Only downfall, it does them all, not just the ones you select.

Hairball
10-05-2005, 02:38 PM
http://img183.imageshack.us/img183/2810/picture13ub.png

We salute you iTunes!

-=Squid=-
10-05-2005, 06:50 PM
First, I assume these are songs that you recorded? I also assume you are placing these songs on the master CD from a wav file or some other higher quality sound file. My suggestion is if you do not want the break in the songs to combine all the songs in one file. When burning the file, create your different tracks.

BTW, more than likely the company is not "pressing" the CD but just running the CD you send them through a duplicator. Most of the small CD duplication companies do this. Just curious, what comapny are you going with?
Yes, we are sending them on a master disk in wav format. I got the seamless business down. Yes, they press the CDs.

Back to ye' ole' mastering process...

Indignant
10-05-2005, 06:56 PM
How much are you guys gonna be selling the CD's for?

Depending on the price i'd pick one up.

-=Squid=-
10-05-2005, 07:04 PM
How much are you guys gonna be selling the CD's for?

Depending on the price i'd pick one up.
Probably $8 or so.

Pressed onto CDs with full color faces, jewel case, booklet, and shrink wrapped.

Any of the old songs you may have heard from me posting are gone, we rewrote our set, thank God. That other stuff was terrible in comparison.

I'll post up some samples eventually.

Indignant
10-05-2005, 07:36 PM
Lookin forward to it.

I bet I could get 8 bucks together.

-=Squid=-
10-05-2005, 08:44 PM
I bet I could get 8 bucks together.
I'd hope so.

Muzikman
10-05-2005, 09:22 PM
What company are you using? I can't believe they are actually pressing the CDs unless you are paying a fortune in setup fees or you are ordering thousands of these disks.

-=Squid=-
10-05-2005, 09:45 PM
What company are you using? I can't believe they are actually pressing the CDs unless you are paying a fortune in setup fees or you are ordering thousands of these disks.
Which we may be doing?

I will get the company name for you tonight when Josh can shoot me that link again.

I'd actually really like you to hear some of the tracks.

I'll post up our gayspace whenever I'm done mastering them, and get them online as MP3s.

Automaggot68
10-06-2005, 06:41 AM
Probably $8 or so.

Pressed onto CDs with full color faces, jewel case, booklet, and shrink wrapped.

Any of the old songs you may have heard from me posting are gone, we rewrote our set, thank God. That other stuff was terrible in comparison.

I'll post up some samples eventually.

Remember to send mine with a shirt and a bandana like we discussed :D

.......signed

-=Squid=-
10-06-2005, 07:12 AM
Remember to send mine with a shirt and a bandana like we discussed :D

.......signed
Because my signature is worth sooooo much.

But you got it chief.

Echo419
10-06-2005, 07:30 AM
Yah squid higher end burning software such as Roxio6 or Nero should give you a direct option in removing the pause, probobly somewhere in the Fader option. If you cannot still get it how you want it to be... Just merge all of your .wav files into 1 large .wav file, then in an audio editor remove the gap to your liking...

::edit:: But then again you want it to be in track form... Yah definitly look into Roxio or Nero... death to Itunes though

SCpoloRicker
10-06-2005, 10:51 AM
I'll post up our gayspace whenever I'm done mastering them, and get them online as MP3s.

Aha! Now that I can get music through the intarwebs I don't have to pay for albums anymore!

/congrats and all that jazz duder

-=Squid=-
10-06-2005, 12:14 PM
Aha! Now that I can get music through the intarwebs I don't have to pay for albums anymore!

/congrats and all that jazz duder
Ya, except you will only get 2 compressed audio tracks, and not the full length album as wavs. ererer