PDA

View Full Version : Dumb Noobie Questions

PhilABowl
10-05-2005, 12:06 PM
Hi, new to the forum... My minimag is arriving on friday (ebay purchase - 114ci CA tank, double trigger, wont know what else until I get it) and I have only ever owned a pump gun. I've seen all this craze about electronic guns and spending thousands of dollars... I have been out of the loop for a few years, but when I played, 'Mags were the gun to have. My opinion, is that they still are as I'm sure most here will agree :) Anyhow, I have a few noobie questions, and was hoping you guys could help me out.

1.) I'm told the valve has all 4 stars still on it, but I would like to take it apart and oil it, see how it works, look for things that need maintenance/replacing. What are some common things I should look for?

2.) From what I have been reading, the $225 upgrade to the XValve with level 10 bolt is pretty much a required upgrade, and seems to make it "a whole new gun" as many put it. How "bad" do I really need it? And as far as the $225 upgrade route, is it cross shipped, or do I have to have a gun with no bolt and valve (in other words mail it in first), and if so, how long does the shipping take?

3.) My family owns a machine shop, and is interested in making me a barrel. Is there a spec sheet somewhere that lists the dimensions and the threading of the barrel and all that?

4.) What piece of hardware do I need to be able to mount a scope on my 'gun?

Thanks,
phil

Dayspring
10-05-2005, 12:26 PM
1) Gas it up, see if it leaks. Otherwise, you're pretty much good to go. The manuals and animated gifs here will show you how it works before you take it apart.

2) How bad do you need it? Well, how much of a desire do you have to shoot faster & not chop? Cuz the Xvalve will do both. And you send in your valve first.

3) Depends- what kind of body? Regular minimag or ULE? ULE is cocker threaded. If you have a minimag body, then you have a bit more of a challenge in finding barrels. (Unless you PM me, I have a BUNCH of barrels for twist lock that I don't need anymore- mostly Dye)

1.) I'm told the valve has all 4 stars still on it, but I would like to take it apart and oil it, see how it works, look for things that need maintenance/replacing. What are some common things I should look for?

2.) From what I have been reading, the $225 upgrade to the XValve with level 10 bolt is pretty much a required upgrade, and seems to make it "a whole new gun" as many put it. How "bad" do I really need it? And as far as the $225 upgrade route, is it cross shipped, or do I have to have a gun with no bolt and valve (in other words mail it in first), and if so, how long does the shipping take?

3.) My family owns a machine shop, and is interested in making me a barrel. Is there a spec sheet somewhere that lists the dimensions and the threading of the barrel and all that?

4.) What piece of hardware do I need to be able to mount a scope on my 'gun?

Thanks,
phil

PhilABowl
10-09-2005, 06:26 PM
Anybody got the specs on autococker threads? Looking to make my own custom barrel. Need thread pitch, sizes, etc.

PhilABowl
10-15-2005, 12:28 PM
Anyone?

Head knight of Ni
10-15-2005, 06:24 PM
here (http://haveblue.org) look under tech Rat's nest- the autococker section.

PhilABowl
10-16-2005, 11:44 AM
Fantastic! Thank you!