PDA

View Full Version : Can I attach my 4500 reg to tank myself???Safely?

insixdays777
10-05-2005, 10:34 PM
can I attach my maxflow reg to a new bottle my self or do I need a pro?? I think I remember someone saying that AGD only allows a few select people to do there flatlines...is this for liability issues and/or that you have to have a special tools?? can I do this safely... thanks!!!

Kevmaster
10-05-2005, 10:47 PM
my $10 says you can't do it safely....my $10 also says you can do it effectively...

take it to the field...let them do it...its worth the $20 when you have a $400 tank to (a) not die and (b) not mess it up

NukeGoose
10-06-2005, 01:43 AM
Actually with a Maxflow you can just screw it on. You should never be twisting the bottle on a Maxflow- because the reg is direct-mounted or rail-mounted to the gun. I've teched a few Maxflows and none were loctited from the factory (the new inline maxflows keep slicing the on/off oring; you have to take the bottle off to get to the on/off locking screw) just screwed on. If you really want to be safe put a strap wrench on it and give it a good twist, I use a Conquest tank and just leave it hand-tight and I've never had a problem.

mandatory
10-06-2005, 01:48 AM
,i change between a 68 ci and a 45ci tank with my manifold style maxflo 4500. I use the 45 ci when i play more of a front role and the 68 for back/mid play. I just make sure to empty the tank compleatly befor unscrewing the tank from the reg, and i just hand tighten as well. have had no problems or leaks.

Archangel Zer0
10-06-2005, 01:54 AM
Just hand tighten it. You'll be fine. Once the bottle has pressure you can rest assured it won't go anywhere.

BigEvil
10-06-2005, 04:10 AM
THe regs are supposed to be torqued on. If not, they will loosen when the pressure inside drops.

insixdays777
10-06-2005, 08:07 AM
I have a maxflow manifold type....thanks for the great help! I think I am just going to get it done right! I like my shoulder/ right side on my face right where it is! thanks!

GT
10-06-2005, 09:53 AM
(a) not die and (b) not mess it up

a. your local field is no more qualified than the average joe b. If you know how to screw a screw in I am sure you can manage a tank swap.

Only thing I would be careful of is the tanl removal. You must use a strap wrench on the tank itself. Dont put it in a vise!