PDA

View Full Version : RT Pro Sear any better?

mobsterboy
10-06-2005, 06:18 AM
Hey
I know this is prob in the stickies but i didnt feel like looking through, so im gonna ask here. Is the RT Pro Sear any less wobbly than the classic sear? I have a hyperframe with a special noid and the classic sear gets too wobbly and then doesnt click anymore. Any way to fix that with some spacers? or should I just get an rtp sear?

when i say wobbly, i say side to side

Maggot6
10-06-2005, 07:22 AM
AS for the side to side, I don't think the RT sear would help at all really..If you don't like the side to side so much just put in a little trigger stop somewhere.

athomas
10-06-2005, 09:50 AM
There will be a bit of wobble in the classic sear, but it sits in a slot that prevents it from moving outside of a useful range. If it wobbles too much for your solenoid to activate it, then you may need to fabricate something that will allow your solenoid to maintain better contact with the sear. Maybe something is worn out.

Asym
10-06-2005, 09:50 AM
Does it wobble on the pivot pin or does the pivot pin wobble in the rail? Some of the pins I've seen are shorter and rounded on the edge which doesn't give as tight a fit. You might want to pick up and extra sear and pin because they normaly are fairly snug without too much side to side wobble.

mobsterboy
10-06-2005, 06:13 PM
the pin is fine, the sear wobbles a little too much. Im thinking of just getting some delrin circles and spacing it. Thanks, this would make the difference between getting a shadow rail and a dallara rail

Coralis
10-09-2005, 05:32 PM
What ever you put in there will have to be very thin, I tried to take the wobble out of mine and couldnt find anything thin enough