PDA

View Full Version : Nitrogen tank issue...

davidnj
10-06-2005, 06:10 PM
Some friends and I played at a semi-local field last weekend and we ran into some issues with our tanks and the 4500 psi fill station they have at the field. The tanks filled fine and for a while worked just fine. However after about 3 games we all noticed a hissing sound coming from our fill nipples.

The techs at the field fixed them for us however, after another refill we all had the problem again--leaking from the fill nipple. We figure it was the 4500 fill station since it happened to us and a few others w\4500 psi tanks that we saw but none of the people that filled from the 3000 psi station. Anyway...

Does anybody know of a shop that sells replacement fill nipples + the nipple internal o-rings? Second, are the fill nipples generic or tank specific? Two of the tanks are crossfire and one is a nitroduck. All 3 are 45\68 tanks and all are from 1-1.5 years old.

Summary: A few games after filling our 45\68 tanks we had leaking from the fill nipples. The field repaired them but they started to leak again after a 2nd fill. Looking for a website that sells replacment fill nipples and if the fill nipples are generic.

Thanks!

-David

wanna-b-ballin'
10-06-2005, 06:37 PM
i'm pretty sure they are generic. i remember reading that you can switch the positions of the fill nipples and guages for whatever reason.

is that fill station putting dirt or something into your tank?

blamtro
10-10-2005, 05:21 AM
http://www.specialopspaintball.com/shop/product_detail.asp?SKU=261+0010&CAT=111207