PDA

View Full Version : Air leaking throught the back of the valve

joker4hire
12-07-2001, 01:29 AM
Hello all,

I seem to have a small leak at the back of the valve... firing a few shots makes the leak go away for a while, but it always seems to comeback after a while.... Here is what I have checked so far...

1: I have checked the volocity of the automag, and it is around 260~270ish

2: Unscrewed the the halves of the valve, and gave it some autolube...

Guys have any ideas to what it may be?

Thanks for any advice...

Joker4hire

deded
12-07-2001, 03:26 AM
check your regulator seat and replace it if you have an extra.

Venting out the back is usually caused by reg seat problems or too much pressure in the marker. Since you are only shooting 260 - 270, I'd say its probably not too venting due to the safety blow off, but because of a bad seal.

So try to clean off your reg seat if you don't have a spare one, and if you do... replace it :D

alf
12-07-2001, 07:52 AM
flipping the reg seat over is an interim solution, too...it might fall off when you put the halves back together, but it can be done...

you also might want to search for the thread on reg seat wear...its got some good info

-alf

ciaran.mooney
12-07-2001, 11:08 AM
I have a similar problem, when i gas up my mag I can hear what sounds like bubbling in the hose leading to the valve, I run Co2, but i have an expansion chamber and this sound starts from the moment i turn on the Co2 so it cant be liquid. Is this normal?

I'd be grateful for any help.

PsychoMag
12-07-2001, 11:29 AM
i have seen this a few times. It can be a reg seat, but it can also be the inside of the reg itself, check the spring pack. Sometimes it doesnt get well oiled and the few orings around the sleeve in the reg so they swell again

skipdogg
12-07-2001, 04:28 PM
If your running Co2 i think you are getting liquid. What position is your bottle in?

ciaran.mooney
12-09-2001, 10:33 AM
Erm my bottle is slanting downwards, i do have an anti-siphon and expansion chamber so no liquid should get into my mag at all. And this weird clicking noise starts as soon as gas enters my marker.