PDA

View Full Version : has a paintball ever gone inside your mask?

wanna-b-ballin'
10-09-2005, 10:38 PM
i was playing today, and was headed to the 50 off the break. next thing i know i thought i was shot in the mask half way to my bunker. i get there, taste paint in my mouth and have shells on my lips. i feel the mouth-guard part or my mask, and only feel a small amount of paint. i had the ref check me, and he called me out. i then took my mask off to clean it, and realize that a ball had somehow gone into my mask from behind and broke on the inside, and put a little splatter on the outside.
i am really confused how a ball could pass my neck and jaw, and then go into my mask. i know it was from a back player, but what are the chances of that happening?!?

has a ball ever broke on you in some crazy spot like that?

master_alexander
10-09-2005, 10:50 PM
one time there was a shot inside my pod... it was wierd. i checked and there was no possibility that it was a paintball that broke inside either. it was wierd.

peewee
10-09-2005, 11:07 PM
Had a team mate take one thru the foam around his goggles ball blew up inside. Shell scratched his eye, very bad deal. He was doing a superman into a bunker head down when his mirror popped out shot about 3 balls. Personally I have taken several that somehow got past the "flex" on my JT masks ate paint with no mess on my mask but had a facefull.

NewMagMan21
10-09-2005, 11:12 PM
Well ...if you've ever heard the theory (correct me if im worng on my details) if you tap on a desk forever and ever...billions of years there is a slight chance that your finger will pass through that desk. I believe its when all of the atoms in the desk align allowing this to happen...like I said that might be wrong...(my information is faulty at best) maybe it applied to when that paintball hit your mask...and passed through

quik
10-09-2005, 11:20 PM
Should have wiped that stuff homie.

temps
10-10-2005, 12:57 AM
yeah.. I shot someone on the inside of the mask, he was turning his head to look behind him and it went right under..

tribalman
10-10-2005, 02:07 AM
Well ...if you've ever heard the theory (correct me if im worng on my details) if you tap on a desk forever and ever...billions of years there is a slight chance that your finger will pass through that desk. I believe its when all of the atoms in the desk align allowing this to happen...like I said that might be wrong...(my information is faulty at best) maybe it applied to when that paintball hit your mask...and passed through

yup, it's one of the theories of quantium mechanics. the odds are way against it, and you have to live longer than the universe for it to happen, but the odds are there for you to wake up on the other side of a brick wall one day.

SummaryJudgement
10-10-2005, 01:50 PM
Once when I was shooting my old 97 cocker I was still playing with the shroud on. I was up against another player exchanging shots and swore I had a gun hit on my gun. I felt the impact and heard it, but couldn't find a mark to save my life and kept playing. Well after the game I notice a little paint on my gun. I pull the shroud off, and sure enough I had been hit. The ball managed to sneak through the foam of the front of the shroud and the barrel and break on the front block.

Target Practice
10-10-2005, 02:05 PM
Yes.

Muzikman
10-10-2005, 02:13 PM
I had a ball get shot through the foam around the goggles and I had a completly intact ball rattling around inside.

SCpoloRicker
10-10-2005, 02:13 PM
I think the guy with the Quantum Mechanics theory has got the right idea. :)

can'tthink of1
10-10-2005, 03:55 PM
I've gotten hit in the side of my profiler, right on the clip and some paint managed to sneak into the lense/face. Kinda weird, but it was an odd fluke I guess.

grEnAlEins
10-10-2005, 05:28 PM
yup, it's one of the theories of quantium mechanics. the odds are way against it, and you have to live longer than the universe for it to happen, but the odds are there for you to wake up on the other side of a brick wall one day.

This is called string theory. The odds are actually for its occurance, as the theory only states that this passage threw matter is possible, not probable. It is in fact quite possible, the theory goes into quantom physics and the geometry and possition of atoms within a molecule and how the geometry and positions change slightly over time. The basic idea is, with all of the trillions of movments there are infinite combinations in position and geometry within a molecule; so, there must be an infintesmle (sp?) chance that the geometry of say a desk, and that of you hand, will fit together like a jigsawpuzzle allowing atoms to pass by one another, allowing your hand to appear to move through a desk, or your whole body through a wall etc.

At least that is my understanding and oversimplified explanation of string theory :dance:

grenaleins :D

nt2004
10-11-2005, 06:01 PM
What kind of mask do you have? I hear that the old style profilers had problems with shots sneaking through the vents on the mouth. The new ones fixed it evidently

68magOwner
10-11-2005, 06:04 PM
yes, hitting 50, a back player on my own team shot me (was playing rec), went up past my ear and got lodged inbetween my ear and frame

also, at teh last cfoa, was walking off the fileld, and had a bonus ball go int the back of my mask, and break right below the nose part on the front (flex 7) had to of bypassed my neck/jaw/ear/face

cdacda13
10-11-2005, 06:05 PM
Never had it happen to me, I have have seen it happen.

The paintball went upward right before it hit the kid. No paint was on his mask, it was all on his cheek.

11 Bravo
10-12-2005, 03:45 PM
Never had one get in the mask, but I was hit in the mask so hard that it left a knot on my forehead.
It was from a good distance to, how high was that guys velocity? :mad:

MarkM
10-12-2005, 04:06 PM
At World Cup 3 years ago a player came up to me at the end of the game ...I think the time ran out anyhow he asked me what I thought of his googles, inside the googles was an unbroken paintball rolling underneath his eye, I got some press/spectators to take a picture so they must be on the net somewhere. He has no idea how as there wasn't a gap around the googles unless when he was shouting or breathing heavy the mask lifted slightly from his face. Has to be something like that as he certainly didn't lift his googles as I was watching him since he was the player by me on the field. So in short yes it can happen and the same as a hit on the faceplate sometimes leaves no mark but you have a mouth full of paint.

phantomhitman
10-12-2005, 08:05 PM
What kind of mask do you have? I hear that the old style profilers had problems with shots sneaking through the vents on the mouth. The new ones fixed it evidently

sadly, i never heard about hte recall on them, which there was. I still have them also.....

I was in a snake laying down and a guy did a run thru on me. 2 shots hit the profiler, first bent it back and the second went through. I had to stop playing for the day because my lip was busted and bleeding and beginning to swell. Not a great day for me.

Eatem Alive
10-12-2005, 10:12 PM
back in the days when we wore goggles without facemasks, i took one in the mouth. it broke on my front tooth while i was yelling. as the ref came to check me i spit out the nasty yellow paint and he called me clean ;)

ultralight
10-13-2005, 01:33 AM
no, but i've put some there.

the game was almost over, me and two newbs (not noobs) mopping up. they, are sharing the back right standup have the last guy pinned down in the snake and i'm running across the field to get him and any others (i didn't know he was the last one). so i run to where he was, check the snake, and i don't see him, so i run past his section. this was the kind of snake that's _l_l_l_l_ so just as i clear his section and turn my back i hear him firing, scared the crap out of me, i spin around and plant three balls on him. two in the back of his head and one somehow managed to sneak along the side of his head, through his goggles to splatter all over the inside. internal gogg.

kind of creepy.

unived micindev
10-13-2005, 12:07 PM
im reff so maybe 5 or 6 times in last 2 yrs - but never blew up inside mask :hail:

ben-afficial
10-13-2005, 12:40 PM
i took one up through the goggles that partially broke then proceeded to melt to my forhead...later in the day after a real close game i feel like a rock or something in my glove and i take my glove to find an intact pink chronic, and i even still hav it :dance:

two_four_878
10-13-2005, 01:26 PM

I had that. I was playing a one on one with my brother and I popped up from my bunker and took a shot right in the nose. It didn't even make a mark on my goggles, just went straight through. Felt like I'd been punched in the nose. It would have been more interesting if we'd been shooting red fill paint.

I've also had someone bunker me in the snake and the shot went around the back of my goggles and hit me in the cheek. Took a big chunk out of my cheek, I bled a bunch and it hurt like a SOB.

sol tank
10-13-2005, 04:16 PM
my profiler always has the ball go though the mask instead of breakig on it. And i always end up with a busted lip or nasty paint in my mouth.

TheTramp
10-13-2005, 04:32 PM
The last time I played someone shot through (as in ripped) the "mesh" part of the Vforce Morph that covers your mouth. It didn't feel nice when the ball broke on my teeth!

I guess I'll have to zip tie that part back together again. :D