PDA

View Full Version : Speedball

Spruce
10-10-2005, 09:04 AM
Do any of you with a x-valve, lvl 10, and intelliframe equiped automag play speedball?

punkncat
10-10-2005, 09:22 AM
I played for many years with a similar setup. The Xvalve, or an RT will go plenty fast to "keep up". A classic does fine as well...

mag88888
10-10-2005, 10:05 AM
i play speedball with my mag, similar setup. works pretty well unless your one to rely on alot of fire power cause it isnt as easy to snap shoot with mech as it is with an electro. but i still have the single trigger frame on my mag, ive been looking to up it to an intelli or hyperframe. but then again mags are too expensive too up sometimes, im not trying to complain but for the money you could have something better.

MisterBones25
10-10-2005, 10:41 AM
i actualy played yesterday :clap: i have no problem keeping up with all the electros, not speed wise but skill wise. i love my mag cus when those electros throw a hopper and 2 pods in a game i shoot a half a hopper. snap shooting is not a problem, i one ball people ocasionaly, but mostly i come out, lay 2-4 balls down and tuck back in. if you can get over the intimidation factor of all the ramping electros you will be fine. :shooting:

Igotu
10-10-2005, 11:52 AM
Our team just took 3rd place 2 weeks ago. And we had two ule mags in our roster, we were also playing three man.

White_Noise
10-10-2005, 12:53 PM
ive played with my mech mag in tourneys before, only difference is i have a vert frame which is just personal preference. as long as you arent playing extremely high level tournaments, and can actually hit something instead of relying on amount of paint, youll be fine.

abunkerer
10-10-2005, 01:08 PM
I'll pull out my "classic" every now and then during practice...It helps put things in perspective for players when they get shot by a mech. mag, and they are carrying a DM...they have to play harder instead of make excuses.

wanna-b-ballin'
10-10-2005, 05:56 PM
just yesterday.
x-valve,lvl 10, intelliframe'd mag and with powerfeed instead of vert. i want a vert body though.

i actually did pretty darn good yesterday. i constantly surrendered, bunkered, played the snake and 50, and even got into the other teams back standups a few times.
snap shooting isn't too hard with a mech gun, but adding a powerfeed can make it a little harder, as your hopper is harder to tuck in.

JOESPUD27
10-10-2005, 06:19 PM
I'll pull out my "classic" every now and then during practice...It helps put things in perspective for players when they get shot by a mech. mag, and they are carrying a DM...they have to play harder instead of make excuses.
It is an even better feeling when you Gog them with a Phantom...

Jay