PDA

View Full Version : are LAN/gaming centers fun?

Carbon
10-11-2005, 12:24 AM
there is one about 1/2 a mile from where i live. I've thought about going in there and playing some games. It seems to be somewhat populated even on the weekdays.

Any of you have any lan gaming experience? I can only imagine that it would be a pretty fun place to dork it up for a few hrs.

Also this joint has a t1 and about 20 computers networked.

yeahthatsme
10-11-2005, 12:53 AM
having been a regular of a gaming center alot like the one your describing, i can openly say yes its fun. especially if your into the first person shooters/rts's as they always seem to be popular at gamestations. theres nothing like being able to laugh at the person you just got a headshot on, or working strategy with a group of people on an RTS.

mikey101
10-11-2005, 01:15 AM
definitely a real good time, it's worth checking out at least if you're into gaming at all. Once everyone starts playing the same game and you're actually lanning instead of playing on a random server like at home it gets even better.

Carbon
10-11-2005, 01:18 AM
Yeah iw as mainly there for the squad tac shooters. Seem like it would be fun.

quik
10-11-2005, 01:21 AM
I came to a LAN center having never played Counterstrike, and thats all the played the entire day. I didnt think it was very fun, and they ALWAYS had the lights dimmed and windows shut, so it was always really hard on my eyes. Also they called me a noob because I had never played CS, I didnt like that either.

I left 30 minutes later with a good self esteem boost.

Carbon
10-11-2005, 01:33 AM
Yeah i figure its a nerd farm. But im willing to bet half those chumps in there havent even played paintball yet.

Kai
10-11-2005, 02:25 AM
No.

tribalman
10-12-2005, 05:54 PM
i've been to a game center like that once, kinda lame. CS is fun and all, but i don't see how those kids could play it for hours on end, and on the same map.

sometimes all my friends and i will have a lan in one of our houses. we play a good mix of games. now that is more fun.