PDA

View Full Version : New Paintball game for Xbox

mixwell2
10-11-2005, 02:57 AM
AO's own Clare B. had this up on her Myspace blog check it out

Splat Renegade (http://xbox.ign.com/articles/654/654753p1.html)

Sorry if repost did a quick search and found nothing

kenndogg
10-11-2005, 04:31 AM
"Tournament rules haven't been thrown out the window but they've been supplemented with an arcade mode that includes crazy power-ups reminiscent of unreal tournament"

Thats where I stopped reading.

Vex
10-11-2005, 04:48 AM
I don't know...kind of sounds like fun. It'll let you do all of the things you wish you really could do during a tournament.

SpitFire1299
10-11-2005, 07:03 AM
If it has power ups, im not getting it.. lol. :)

wageslave
10-11-2005, 07:52 AM
So let me get this straight, the game still has the normal "tournament" mode of play, but because it even *includes* an arcade mode, you're not even going to consider it?

You do remember that it's a video game, right? It's supposed to be fun, right?

Or perhaps the thought of having to choose between options is just too much for you.

Creative Mayhem
10-11-2005, 08:14 AM
I am going to look for it, hopefully its out here already and that I don't have to wait for it to clear customs.

Can't wait to get into Clare's pants! ;)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v320/patokens/Screen_03.jpg

MisterBones25
10-11-2005, 08:44 AM
looks interesting but i'll wait for greg hastings 2 ;)

canilive
10-11-2005, 09:56 AM
looks interesting but i'll wait for greg hastings 2 ;)
Yeah that Greg Hastings, was pretty damn good. They had everything pretty much down. I think they should add some more markers, or atleast be able to unlock them. I think there is a mag in Greg Hastings 1. Ok, you know when you get eliminated, you automatically switch to the next nearest player. Well, my next player looked as if he were toting a purple mag.( I think it's a mag, because you can see the silver regulater on the back clearly) What other marker has that? I was switching the marker, to see if i could get a glimpse of the air hose, but I couldn't tell. This is on the first levels.

NewMagMan21
10-11-2005, 10:10 AM
*Flop*

One thing that I wish greg hastings had was more of a team style player...as opposed to just run and gun, get shot, shange player, and then continue gunning

phantomhitman
10-11-2005, 11:38 AM
Give t a chance, people complained for not having a pb game, now they complain that there is more than 1!! Get real people, it looks decent so give it a chance. At least go rent it or talk your friend into buying it.... :ninja:

UltraMag527
10-11-2005, 12:05 PM
Where does it say that its a available???

kenndogg
10-11-2005, 01:54 PM
So let me get this straight, the game still has the normal "tournament" mode of play, but because it even *includes* an arcade mode, you're not even going to consider it?

You do remember that it's a video game, right? It's supposed to be fun, right?

Or perhaps the thought of having to choose between options is just too much for you.

Oh I'm sorry I didn't know that you know what kinds of games I like. :rolleyes: This is simply my opinion based on MY preference, get over it.
I can't stand arcade type sports games. I prefer realistic simulation in term of my sporting games. I'll wait until Greg Hastings comes out.
All video games are supposed to be fun, but just b/c its supposed to doesn't mean it is to everyone.
What may be fun to YOU may be crap to ME. Guess I can't express my perference without getting bash by morons :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

mixwell2
10-11-2005, 03:00 PM
from what i understand it came out today

canilive
10-11-2005, 03:09 PM
I believe your right, it does come out today. I'm getting Socom first though. And I agree with you buddy, I'm not too much of an arcade fan myself. I like my sport and military games to be realistic, as well.

wageslave
10-11-2005, 08:01 PM
Oh I'm sorry I didn't know that you know what kinds of games I like. :rolleyes: This is simply my opinion based on MY preference, get over it.
I can't stand arcade type sports games. I prefer realistic simulation in term of my sporting games. I'll wait until Greg Hastings comes out.
All video games are supposed to be fun, but just b/c its supposed to doesn't mean it is to everyone.
What may be fun to YOU may be crap to ME. Guess I can't express my perference without getting bash by morons :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I'm under the impression that this game has a "realistic" mode and an "arcade" mode. So if the next Greg Hastings game has an arcade mode, you won't get it either, right? Because if it has an arcade mode, it doesn't matter what else the game offers, it just sucks, right? My point is just that you're saying all of this as if this game has no "realistic" mode, or whatever you want to call it. If that's the case (and this game is only "arcade" style), then I'm wrong, and I apologize. But it looks to me like it does have a more realistic mode. Now if it sucks, well then that's another story.

atm743
10-11-2005, 08:05 PM
i wounder how this game is going to compair to GHTP max'd

phantomhitman
10-11-2005, 08:31 PM
its not going to compare. i see greg hastings going a long ways, they have alrady built a small reputation and a HUGE following. SPLAT doesnt have any companies signed that I know of. I will still give it a shot.