PDA

View Full Version : Hyperframe Questions

ShaolinMonkE
12-07-2001, 09:07 AM
I am a very proud MAG owner and I am into tinkering with my gun too much. I would like to know what everyones experiences with the Hyperframe from Centerflag are. Here are the questions that I have.

-Are they worth investing in to put into a PF Minimag?
-What are the drawbacks to owning a HyperMAG?
-Has anyone experienced any problems with them?
&
-What is the best setup (ie on/off pins) for the Hyperframe based on your experiences?

Maverick
12-07-2001, 11:35 AM
IMO they are great although they can require some tinkering to get the setup right. They shoot really fast and seem to be reliable (I've had mine for 8 months now and play at least once a month).

Are they worth investing in to put into a PF Minimag?
I would have to say that it is the best thing I have done to my Mag (a PF Classic - one star valve). IMO it is better than upgrading to a RetroValve (many people will disagree with me on that) but I have always had a problem with short stroking and the Hyperframe completely eliminates it and it gives you a great feeling electronic trigger.

What are the drawbacks to owning a HyperMAG?
Like any electronic marker you go through batteries on a regular basis. The increased rate of fire is harder on the internals and can cause wear you might not see otherwise.

Has anyone experienced any problems with them?
In my case it worked great on my marker out of the box, for the first few months. Then my sear chipped off and had to be replaced. Once the new sear was in I started chewing up my bolt. I contacted Centerflag and they ended up sending me a much longer on/off pin and replaced my bolt (with a new longer nosed bolt I might add). This has corrected my problems but I know some people have had to send their marker to Centerflag to get it setup right.

What is the best setup (ie on/off pins) for the Hyperframe based on your experiences?
Well you can see above what worked for me. Because of the tolerances of the Mag's design, each marker needs to be look at as unique as far as the Hyperframe goes. Centerflag tries to make it as universal as possible but slight differences in the Hyperframe itself, the body rail, sear and valve can add up to an initial problem with the Hyperframe. The good side of this is that Centerflag has great customer support (IMO) and will take care of you should you need them to.