PDA

View Full Version : Need boo-yah install instructions

Hop Hop
12-07-2001, 11:02 AM
Hi, I just brought a used boo-yah with out any instructions of how to install it. Can anyone tell me where I can download the document? or if not too much to ask, can anyone scan in their's? Even thought I can send it in to Mako to be set up, but I still like learn it myself.

Thanks so much !!!

rifleman
12-07-2001, 02:06 PM
Hop Hop,

Installing a booyaah is as easy as installing any frame pretty much. I'll walk you through it:

First take off your old frame. Then take a flat screwdriver and wedge it between the two prongs on the rod that connects it to the sear to disconnect it. Next, put everything back together just as you would with your regular frame. Now, put your booyaah frame on and trigger guard and then screw it down tight. Next take out your vavle. Replace the on/off and oil it up so theres no extra stress on the selonoid. Also, replace your powertube bumper with the clear thin one supplied. Put your valve back in, screw your thumb screw down really tight, and your all set. DO NOT ACTIVATE THE FRAME WHEN AIR ISN'T IN THE TANK. This will smash your on/off to hell to the point your on/off pin won't move. Luckily, I did this to mine while the company was still in buisness--you, however only have once chance with this frame, don't screw it up.

ALSO, DO NOT SCREW IN YOUR BOTTOMLINE SCREWS TO FAR!!!!!! You will mess up your electronics and you'll be screwed. This is so easyily overlooked, I've done it about 3 times on my old one, luckily, the battery only got narfed up a little bit.

G/L
adam

Hop Hop
01-23-2002, 09:14 AM
Thanks rifleman,

anyone knows what happen to Mako? I call them up... no one answer the phone for two - three days???

are they really when out of business??

LaW
01-23-2002, 07:46 PM
I've heard they've been having phone line problems and it's been hard to get a hold of anyone there.

Have Blue
01-25-2002, 11:33 AM
Mako currently has only 2 phone lines. When I was there last week, Kim was on the phone almost constantly taking calls. They are trying to get a voicemail system into place, but until then, just keep trying.

Hop Hop
01-25-2002, 12:30 PM
To rifleman or someone who knows:

I install the boo-yaah the way rifleman show me, however, the on/off pin is sticking out of the on/off bottom longer than the original setup. is this normal? or I did it wrong again.

Thanks everyone... <<<<<<<<<< >>>>>>>>>>>>>

soilent green
01-25-2002, 01:31 PM
no It sounds like you did it right put it together and make shure it works a word of warning if it seems to work but it won't fire every time the soliniod moves you need to move the soleniod back