PDA

View Full Version : O-Rings

Aslan
10-11-2005, 11:07 PM
Anybody know of a good place to buy different kinds of o-rings? One of my blowbacks needs a slightly thicker pair of o-rings on the bolt... Standard o-rings are too thin. I went to Home Depot and bought a pack of thicker o-rings...but the outside diameter was 3/4 and that was too thick. Just wondering if anyone knew of an online place where different size o-rings are available?

Thanks!

BerSerK
10-12-2005, 08:19 AM
did you check on eBay, sometimes it's the easiest way. if you still have your broken oring, bring it to a car parts shop, you might get lucky.

my2cents

Coralis
10-12-2005, 10:05 PM
you might also try a plumbing suppy store too.

Snyiper
10-14-2005, 09:23 AM
WWW.Allorings.com

Padlock6
10-14-2005, 10:21 PM
The best place for just about anything is here:

http://www.mcmaster.com/

I usually get anything the next day (virginia). Make sure you get the right o-ring material. Some of the black ones will swell when exposed to certain oils. Also, dont be tempted to try teflon o-rings.

:confused:

My $0.02

:)

Mind'sEye
10-15-2005, 12:50 AM
Good selection and sizing chart here: http://www.oringsusa.com/html/online_store.html

Aslan
10-16-2005, 07:01 PM
Well, went to all those websites...talked to a couple of them.

The problem is, most paintball o-rings are 9/16 ID and 11/16 OD. You can find 9/16 ID o-rings with a larger outer diameter (OD), 3/4. I tried the 3/4, but they were too thick. What I need is an o-ring that had maybe an OD of 23/32. Unfortunately, that would require "custom manufacturing". One website quoted me $11-$13 per o-ring. Another site said they'd give me 25 for $30.

Another thought I had was to get a o-ring that is slightly too small (<9/16) but thick and a little more elastic. The outer diamter would go to 11/16...but the thickness would be 3/32 rather than the standard 1/16...and that combination might work. I really need a thickness of like 5/64...and that's a custom thickness. I could also try different materials...viton, teflon, polyethylene...etc...

I've tried to "sand" the outside of the o-ring slightly...but the 3/4 OD ones I have are very elastic and just will not sit right on the valve.

Snyiper
10-16-2005, 09:10 PM
What are you fitting a o-ring to? Is theis a custom thing? :clap:

Aslan
10-20-2005, 01:59 AM
What are you fitting a o-ring to? Is theis a custom thing? :clap:

I have a blowback problem with my Rebel. I'm trying to get a better seal around the bolt so that I can eliminate the blowback that seems to be causing the bolt to chop paint at an unacceptable level. This particular bolt is a bit loose in the mainbody and I think air is leaking around it which is contributing to the blowback effect.

Its not overly important as I never use that gun...it's just bugging me that I can't seemt o fix the problem. :mad:

Coralis
10-20-2005, 11:37 AM
Sounds like it would be less hassle and cheaper just to get a new bolt or if you can cut a new grove in the bolt and add a second O ring. You could also take a small piece of teflon tape (about 1 in long) and roll it long ways so that you have a small 1 inch tube now take the Oring off the bolt wrap the teflon tape into the grove and put the oring back on and see if that works , I did that to prevent the plug in my power feed from falling out when i could find a Oring that would not hold it secure.

Aslan
10-24-2005, 01:47 AM
Sounds like it would be less hassle and cheaper just to get a new bolt or if you can cut a new grove in the bolt and add a second O ring. You could also take a small piece of teflon tape (about 1 in long) and roll it long ways so that you have a small 1 inch tube now take the Oring off the bolt wrap the teflon tape into the grove and put the oring back on and see if that works , I did that to prevent the plug in my power feed from falling out when i could find a Oring that would not hold it secure.

I actually have a new bolt. Bolts for that marker are few and far between. But I did find one. Unfortunately, it has the detent groove cut in the wrong side. My dad has a CNC lathe at his work and is going to cut a groove on the other side of the bolt. That will allow me to use the new bolt...but I think even that bolt will have a little difficulty with the o-rings not being thick enough. I ordered some 1.5mm thick o-rings today. They were a little pricey...over $1 a piece...but if they work...I'll be more than happy to pay the little extra cash.

goforbroke
10-30-2005, 12:14 AM
What company makes the Rebel?

Coralis
10-30-2005, 09:17 PM
I think the rebel is manufactured for Nation paintball by 32 degrees products

Aslan
10-31-2005, 09:43 AM
I think the rebel is manufactured for Nation paintball by 32 degrees products

Correct...it is 32 degrees. The tech department there is worthless though...I tried to get help from them with it and they pretty much told me to throw it away and buy a new gun. Nice to hear that from the company that makes it...gives ya alot of confidence in their products.

Anyway, I tried fitting the new o-rings...wrong size. apparently I measured it wron and need a thickness of 1.8mm...not 1.5mm. That stinks because I had the 1.5mm o-rings specially made...cost me $30 for 25 of them. I'm going to check the local auto parts store and see if I can find some o-rings there. If not...I may have to pay another $30 for 1.8mm thick o-rings...dang. :(