PDA

View Full Version : Logic Ultimate Mechanical Mag Frame - AO First Look!

CoolHand
10-12-2005, 09:24 PM
These bad boys are fresh off the machine. They have been done for less than six hours now.

EDIT (10-19-05): Link to the dealer's forum post with pricing etc ----> Dealer's Thread (http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?p=2014945#post2014945)

On to the pics!

Right Side:

http://www.logicpaintball.com/UMF-RHSide.jpg

Left Side:

http://www.logicpaintball.com/UMF-LHSide2.jpg

Back Strap:

http://www.logicpaintball.com/UMF-BackStrap.jpg

Trigger Guard/Trigger Stops:

http://www.logicpaintball.com/UMF-TriggerGuard.jpg

There will be a thread in Dealer's when I get the price fixed.

They go off for ano in about two weeks.

That is all.

onedude36
10-12-2005, 09:28 PM
nice job.

master_alexander
10-12-2005, 09:29 PM
i love you.

is there enough room to fit some pneumatics in there and make a pneumatic mag?

Duzzy
10-12-2005, 09:41 PM
Looks good, when are you making them for AKA markers?

quik
10-12-2005, 09:42 PM
i love you.

is there enough room to fit some pneumatics in there and make a pneumatic mag?

kinda what its for.

CoolHand
10-12-2005, 09:50 PM
Looks good, when are you making them for AKA markers?

When AKA starts making markers again.

BUT, just because I don't do any production stuff, does not mean I can't/won't modify something I already make to fit something AKA makes.

I've already been approached by a guy who wants me to put one of my Ultimate Shocker Frames on his Viking, and it looks to be very doable.

I see no reason why I couldn't do the same for you, with either a USF, or one of the new ElectroMag frames.

Tell me what you wants to do, and I will tell you if I can do's it.

Creative Mayhem
10-12-2005, 10:26 PM
Sweet!! Flat black? ;)

68magOwner
10-12-2005, 10:35 PM
[QUOTE=CoolHand]I've already been approached by a guy who wants me to put one of my Ultimate Shocker Frames on his Viking, and it looks to be very doable.
QUOTE]

yeah, somone alread has a ton ton framed viking, so, a shocker frame conversion is definately doable

CoolHand
10-12-2005, 10:55 PM
yeah, somone alread has a ton ton framed viking, so, a shocker frame conversion is definately doable

Yup, saw it, but I think I can make one fit better than that one did.

Sweet!! Flat black? ;)

Certainly. If you get the order made before they go to ano, I'll even do it for the same price.

SummaryJudgement
10-13-2005, 09:59 AM
I bought one when the last batch went on sale about six months ago. Are these different in any way? I can't tell from the pics.

dahoeb
10-13-2005, 10:00 AM
they require an rtpro/emag rail, right?
those are sweet

Migz
10-13-2005, 10:05 AM
So how much you looking to set us back. ;)

luke
10-13-2005, 10:11 AM
Very nice. (as usual) :cool:

CoolHand
10-13-2005, 01:00 PM
I bought one when the last batch went on sale about six months ago. Are these different in any way? I can't tell from the pics.

Um, yeah.

The old frames were verts (90 degrees to horizontal), and used WDP space frame grips (hard to find and expensive).

These are a hybrid angle frame. I took the average of the .45 style and the vert style, and this is what I got (82.5 degrees to horizontal). AND they take regular .45 style grips (found everywhere for a wide range of prices).

No retail price is set yet, as I am still waiting on the quote from the anodizer. That said, count on them being VERY affordable. I want these to be a very viable alternative to the Intelliframe.

I will have a thread in the Dealer's Forum as soon as I get the details nailed down enough to sell them.

CoolHand
10-13-2005, 01:03 PM
they require an rtpro/emag rail, right?
those are sweet

Yeah, the trigger guard is pretty big. You can run them on a Classic rail too, but you'd be without a place to mount your foregrip. If that's OK with you, then by all means go for it, it will function just fine.

I doubt the twist lock would clear on a classic rail though, so count on using a ULE body for that build.

Very nice. (as usual) :cool:

Thank you sir.

mag88888
10-13-2005, 06:52 PM
does that asa come on it? preferably i would like it come not attached or just not on at all. that way folks like me who use adjustable tanks can put their own rails on. and its standard bottomline threading right?

onedude36
10-13-2005, 08:31 PM
Logic doesnt make that asa. It is made by smart parts.

CoolHand
10-14-2005, 12:26 AM
Logic doesnt make that asa. It is made by smart parts.

Exactly.

It's just there to illustrate how the integrated rail mount functions. The frame does not come with an ASA at all.

There are also two sets of #10-32 threaded holes to attach any standard bottom line or rail mount that you already have.

If you bottle has a dovetail on it (meaning it will mount on a standard rail mount), you can use the one on the frame too. No need to bolt on a second one (though you can if you want to).

Hope that clears it up.

Vex
10-14-2005, 09:31 AM
Are you going to make a version with a snatch grip?

JoshK
10-14-2005, 01:22 PM
Neat...so please let me hear this from the man himself.

This is meant to have pnuematic parts in it to make it a pnue-mag?

CoolHand
10-14-2005, 02:08 PM
Are you going to make a version with a snatch grip?

Nope, what you see is what you get.

I'm sure the one add on snatchgrip will fit if you want one real bad though.

CoolHand
10-14-2005, 02:13 PM
Neat...so please let me hear this from the man himself.

This is meant to have pnuematic parts in it to make it a pnue-mag?

It was not designed as such, no.

It is a direct replacement for the stock frame, and will give you a nice feeling mechanical mag when its installed. Still has the trigger stops, and the integrated rail from the verts though.

I'm sure that you could put pneumatics inside of it, there is plenty of room, though I doubt that the LPR would fit too (there's not that much room).

If people have been able to do it to the Y/I Frame, they can do it just as easily to this one, and the trigger stops are already in place.

If I was going to do a pneumag, I would just do it. No need to skirt around with kits and things, that's all still just as actionable (legally speaking) as making a whole frame. Nope, if I do one, it will be a whole frame, and it will be legal. I just don't see how anyone is going to be able to do one for the prices people keep inventing. Last time I ran it, I couldn't even break even at $200 a pop unless I built and sold at least 300 of them. I just don't see that happening.

JoshK
10-14-2005, 03:46 PM
Thanks for a bit of your wisdom.

CoolHand
10-14-2005, 03:53 PM
Thanks for a bit of your wisdom.

Not a problem.

Its a neat as hell project, and I really wish I could afford to just do it and worry about the consequences later, but the reality of it is that I can't.

GT
10-14-2005, 03:56 PM
Not a problem.

Its a neat as hell project, and I really wish I could afford to just do it and worry about the consequences later, but the reality of it is that I can't.

but what if they were not sold as a kit, and were done "custom" after the frame was purchased by the end user?

CoolHand
10-14-2005, 04:51 PM
but what if they were not sold as a kit, and were done "custom" after the frame was purchased by the end user?

The consequences I speak of are not legal, but rather monetary (IE I do the project, and go bankrupt because no one will buy them, because they won't like this or that, or because its too expensive, or because they've lost interest and changed their minds).

Paintball folk are too fickle to take much of a chance on. If its not a sure thing, it doesn't get done.

My electro frames came so close to tanking that I am not tempting fate again.

Resurection
10-14-2005, 08:26 PM
What would it take to make that fit on a classic RT rail?

WenULiVeUdiE
10-14-2005, 09:27 PM

The back frame mount hole would need to be enlarged alittle.

-Cilio-
10-14-2005, 09:37 PM
Coolhand,

How is the grip size, as far as feel, compared to the Intelliframe? I have fairly small hands and typically like the feel of a Benchmark and nothing bigger than the Intelli.

Looks great, definitely would consider this for my next Mag project.

CoolHand
10-14-2005, 11:04 PM

WenULiVeUdiE nailed it. We just have to open up the rear frame hole to accommodate the banjo bolt on the RT.

Coolhand,

How is the grip size, as far as feel, compared to the Intelliframe? I have fairly small hands and typically like the feel of a Benchmark and nothing bigger than the Intelli.

Looks great, definitely would consider this for my next Mag project.

This new frame is a fuzz smaller than the YGrip I have here (front to back wise), which should make it just a fuzz smaller than an Intelliframe too. I don't have big hands at all, but I have no problem getting all the way around this one.

Hope that helped.

CoolHand
10-19-2005, 11:51 PM
The price has been formulated finally, so there is now a thread up in the Dealer's section.

Link to the dealer's forum post with pricing etc ----> Dealer's Thread (http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?p=2014945#post2014945)

UTDragun
10-20-2005, 02:09 PM
These bad boys are fresh off the machine. I swear you are bent on making me broke arent you?? i may be po' but i got high class paintball equipment!

CoolHand
10-20-2005, 06:07 PM
I swear you are bent on making me broke arent you??!

That's the general idea. :rofl:

p8ntball72
10-20-2005, 06:21 PM
I have question.

the elect/pnue assest frame shurly has been around for some time.
Has anyone contacted you about patent enfrengment... or have you applied for a patent?
Did you do any research if anyone else had a patent.

seems that Deadlywind got notice early in the development or their frame, and im just wondering what steps you have taken to protect yourself.

CoolHand
10-20-2005, 06:38 PM
I have question.

the elect/pnue assest frame shurly has been around for some time.
Has anyone contacted you about patent enfrengment... or have you applied for a patent?
Did you do any research if anyone else had a patent.

seems that Deadlywind got notice early in the development or their frame, and im just wondering what steps you have taken to protect yourself.

This is a mechanical frame. It works just like any other Mag frame does. You are confusing it with the very similarly shaped electro frame I'm doing. Two totally different projects.

Also, I have it on very good authority that DW was not served a C&D, but rather that AGD simply chose not to fund the project, and DW could not continue on their own. That whole deal never made it to the lawsuit/cease and desist stage. Remember, what is said in public, and what actually happened are very nearly always drastically different things.

I was advised that I was fine. Even if I wasn't, for 25-50 frames, it's not worth the time to have a lawyer write me a C&D letter. I am so small time as to not even be worth the trouble. However, that didn't stop me from checking to be sure. I have no worries on this end, regardless of speculation to the contrary.

Automaggot68
10-20-2005, 06:54 PM
This is a mechanical frame. It works just like any other Mag frame does. You are confusing it with the very similarly shaped electro frame I'm doing. Two totally different projects.

Also, I have it on very good authority that DW was not served a C&D, but rather that AGD simply chose not to fund the project, and DW could not continue on their own. That whole deal never made it to the lawsuit/cease and desist stage. Remember, what is said in public, and what actually happened are very nearly always drastically different things.

I was advised that I was fine. Even if I wasn't, for 25-50 frames, it's not worth the time to have a lawyer write me a C&D letter. I am so small time as to not even be worth the trouble. However, that didn't stop me from checking to be sure. I have no worries on this end, regardless of speculation to the contrary.

THEY'LL NEVER CATCH US.

nicad
10-21-2005, 01:41 AM

Ryan-

You are correct.. what is rumored in public and what actually happened are almost always two different things.

There have been just that-- rumors- being spread since day one regarding the hAir and AGD.
Lets just say (for now) that all resistance to the hAir progressing has stemmed from PTP, not AGD.

What will be interesting is to see what eventually comes of the actions that occurred on 06-01-05. ;)

CoolHand
10-21-2005, 02:49 AM
Ryan-

You are correct.. what is rumored in public and what actually happened are almost always two different things.

There have been just that-- rumors- being spread since day one regarding the hAir and AGD.
Lets just say (for now) that all resistance to the hAir progressing has stemmed from PTP, not AGD.

What will be interesting is to see what eventually comes of the actions that occurred on 06-01-05. ;)

That wasn't meant as a slight against your company, or even you personally. I've never seen you say anywhere that you were sued or issued any kind of stop order at all. You just said the only things you could do were expensive, which leaves a whole lot of open territory.

But from that people have extracted all sorts of very specific things, most of which aren't true.

In retrospect, perhaps I should not have said anything at all, since I myself have zero firsthand knowledge of what went down. I only know what I can pry out of people here and there who do know (which isn't a great deal). What I got is what I posted. If you take issue with it, let me know and it can be gone in about five keystrokes.

Also, just a note to anyone who's never done something like this, having a project die due to lack of capital is not something to be ashamed of. It takes a lot of dough to make this stuff happen, and the more complex the project, the higher the costs. I myself could not take on a project like the hAir or whatever PTP does without doing some kind of joint venture, or finding a decent sized backer. I simply can't leverage the kind of capital it would take to produce them in the quantities needed to meet the prices everyone has latched onto (where they got their numbers I have no idea). Which is why the info I got seemed at least plausible.

Now, why PTP themselves are taking so damned long to do whatever it is they are going to do is beyond me.

CoolHand
10-24-2005, 01:47 AM
These frames go off to ano at the end of next week, so if you want one in a custom color, you need to get it ordered pretty soon.

That is all.

Automaggot68
10-24-2005, 03:04 PM
These look great!