PDA

View Full Version : Old Mag Barrel pin

Snyiper
10-14-2005, 06:59 AM
I have a older mag and was wondering how deep in the rail the tapered barrel alignment pin (lack of better term) should be? I am having problems getting barrels in and out ,it takes quite a bit of force and I dont remember that with my first mag...any Ideas? I have tried different barrels and the J&J brass is the tightest.
Thanks
Glenn :cheers:

athomas
10-14-2005, 08:14 AM
The brass insert should be pressed in all the way. Barrels have an indent drilled where the twist lock assembly sits. If it is too deep, then it can cause difficulty when trying to remove the barrel. You can make it a bit easier to remove by gently filing a bit of the inner edge off the indent.

Also, check to see that the pin in your twist lock assembly isn't bent or stuck.

Tunaman
10-14-2005, 09:09 PM
also, alot of guys bang these in and dont get them down all the way. They really need to be pressed in...all the way in. ;)

Snyiper
10-15-2005, 03:08 PM
also, alot of guys bang these in and dont get them down all the way. They really need to be pressed in...all the way in. ;)

I guess thats my question whats all the way is there a measurement ?

Demonio
11-11-2005, 04:44 PM
You can also try to loosen the allen screw of the detent (located between the rail and grip frame) Also, I have a similar problem on one of my Sydarms - It's missing the washer on the allen screw near the trigger - That few millimeters really makes a differance, make sure you have that washer in place. Good luck