PDA

View Full Version : So should we look forward to an event in 2006?

Muzikman
10-14-2005, 04:21 PM
Since this place died with the fact that there was no Shatnerball IV in 2005, can we look forward to an event in 2006?

Come on Tom, you know we all want it!

Commissar_Loki
10-15-2005, 02:38 AM
I agree. But would Tom be at the event?

-Butch

Creative Mayhem
10-24-2005, 06:11 PM
I agree... lets here the word that its gonna happen... you KNOW I will be there!

Glickman
10-28-2005, 09:49 PM
maybe blend that with the "tom retirement event" that was suggested

AGDlover
10-29-2005, 06:00 PM
I agree... lets here the word that its gonna happen... you KNOW I will be there drinking!

Sry i needed to update that post of yours CM

Creative Mayhem
10-31-2005, 04:05 PM
Sry i needed to update that post of yours CM

Didn't need updating... When I go to any sort of AO meet, me drinking is simply a given.

Gambit1106
11-02-2005, 01:07 PM
Didn't need updating... When I go to any sort of AO meet, me drinking is simply a given.

I will not disagree with this statement ;)

PirateGent
11-02-2005, 11:39 PM
Would be nice to hear if the Shatner/Tom Kaye games were to return. I was at the last two and enjoyed myself.

Hopefully the powers that be will see to making it happen again (and close enough that driving isn't out of the question for me - was worried about how the heck I would fly to Houston and transport my gear!)

Edward Tunis
PirateGent

Thom
11-03-2005, 04:02 PM
Last I heard they were considering something in December. Maybe there is still a chance for 2005.

AGD
11-04-2005, 03:18 AM
Guys,

We are working on an event for early 06. In discussions now but its not set yet. Bill is really busy now that Boston Legal is a big hit.

AGD

surealpaintballer
11-04-2005, 02:05 PM
on comcast ondemand under sports and fitness> outdoorlife network> hooksa nd bullets> on taget> paintball battle is a lil show on satnerball 04.
If its like anything in the show i would love to go.

bill can take a break from a tv show..

PirateGent
11-04-2005, 04:38 PM
on comcast ondemand under sports and fitness> outdoorlife network> hooksa nd bullets> on taget> paintball battle is a lil show on satnerball 04.
If its like anything in the show i would love to go.

bill can take a break from a tv show..

the 2004 Mobstermash is going to be on "On Demand"???!?!?!

surealpaintballer
11-05-2005, 04:11 PM
the 2004 Mobstermash is going to be on "On Demand"???!?!?!it was the one wit glen palmer adn cyborgs and such...

think it was 03 acutaly but yea its like a 25 min thing on it...

Muzikman
11-07-2005, 09:31 AM
Wow, good find. Ya happen to record it?:)

I do have comcast, but no idea where the remote is, I use Tivo.

SuperDanny
11-07-2005, 10:16 AM
When do TV shows go on hiatus? Hopefully Bill won't be too busy during his "off" season.

Guys,

We are working on an event for early 06. In discussions now but its not set yet. Bill is really busy now that Boston Legal is a big hit.

AGD

PirateGent
11-08-2005, 11:43 AM
it was the one wit glen palmer adn cyborgs and such...

think it was 03 acutaly but yea its like a 25 min thing on it...

The Spplat II/Shatnerball 2003 is also available on DVD (I taped it off of OLN a couple years ago then bought the DVD - even though I'm only in it for 1/10th of a second on screen!)

Lumberjack
11-08-2005, 11:57 AM
I wonder if we could find a way to get Bill to incorperate Shatnerball into his show.

They could use it as a team building event for their firm on the show. Just an idea.

All of AO can be listed as the stunt team. :D

PirateGent
11-08-2005, 12:34 PM
I wonder if we could find a way to get Bill to incorperate Shatnerball into his show.

They could use it as a team building event for their firm on the show. Just an idea.

All of AO can be listed as the stunt team. :D

LOL - I'll sign up for that. :)

Denny Crane vs Allen Shore!!!

Lumberjack
11-09-2005, 11:51 AM
Here's another idea, we can plan the whole game around the idea of a trial.

Prosecutors VS. Defence, or The People VS. AO (kinda like Tippmann VS the World)
We can get the whole cast involved in this, the story line can be that a rival firm has challenged Bill and his team in BL to a dual. The setting would be a paintball game to see who the more aggressive law firm is.

I can see the scene now...

Starts with like a phone call and a challenge, tempers flair and challenge is accepted.
Bill is like, "name your game!"
Other guy, "paintball, this weekend"
Bill, "Your on!!" Hangs up phone,
*pause*
Bill, "what the heck is paintball?"

Funny stuff.

Tina
11-14-2005, 07:17 PM
Here's another idea, we can plan the whole game around the idea of a trial.

Prosecutors VS. Defence, or The People VS. AO (kinda like Tippmann VS the World)
We can get the whole cast involved in this, the story line can be that a rival firm has challenged Bill and his team in BL to a dual. The setting would be a paintball game to see who the more aggressive law firm is.

I can see the scene now...

Starts with like a phone call and a challenge, tempers flair and challenge is accepted.
Bill is like, "name your game!"
Other guy, "paintball, this weekend"
Bill, "Your on!!" Hangs up phone,
*pause*
Bill, "what the heck is paintball?"

Funny stuff.

I'm definately up for that! :headbang:

SeeK
11-14-2005, 09:56 PM
This probably wasn't heard by many paintballers but a major Chicago radio station was running a contest for the past 2 weeks to see who could get the most famous celebrity to call in.

Up against the World Series Trophy, Lauren Holly, James Denton, Christopher Knight and Adriana Curry, and Jessica Biel. The winner was William Shatner. He was referred by a "Tom" and said he would also give his share to Ahead with Horses.

Who do you know? (http://66.102.7.104/search?q=cache:LvebVFhy0g4J:www.wtmx.com/ek.php+celebrity+call+in+wtmx&hl=en)
$10,000 is up for grabs...it's the return of Who Do You Know! Know a celebrity? Get them to call Eric & Kathy during the morning show (5:30-10 am) and at the end of the show on Friday, November 11th, Eric & Kathy will take 10 votes and whoever is voted the biggest celebrity will have $5000 donated to their favorite charity and $5000 to the person that had the celebrity call.

You can hear Bill here:
The POD cast of the show. (http://www.wtmx.com/podcast/20051111-Eric_and_Kathy_-_WTMX-FM_Chicago.mp3)

:clap:

Way to go Tom!!!!

surealpaintballer
11-19-2005, 01:31 PM
Wow, good find. Ya happen to record it?:)

I do have comcast, but no idea where the remote is, I use Tivo.
no i didnt....if oyu can get to channel one and use the directional buttions on the cable box too.

there are some AO members in there like MadCow.

PirateGent
01-08-2006, 08:34 AM
Wasn't there a rumor that there might be something in the works for an early 2006 game?

Has anyone heard about anything?

Shatnerball Vets want to know. :D

snoopay700
01-10-2006, 08:20 PM
I would love to go to that event, it would be awesome. Where are they normally held though, in illinois/wisconsin or some other place?

MagDog68
01-26-2006, 07:28 PM
good lord you can tell I am not a steadfast forum reader anymore by the fact that i can't read more than two replies to any thread. time was i could sit here all day and read every word. of course, i was working for a major ny insurance company and i spent my whole day on a computer and now i install window treatments and have to sneak onto the office computers at night.

well , enough of my tale of woe.....TOM, we need a shatnerball '06. Or at least i do. i haven't played paintball since shatnerball 1 for the love of all that is holy! (i am unleashing my emag on some unsuspecting co workers at my bachelor party next month though ...he he he he)

anywho....lets all hope that the boston legal writers give bill's charachter a couple month hiatus so we can play another trekkie/mag free-for-all.

~fred

DiRTyBuNNy
02-09-2006, 12:24 PM
there actually might be a chance I could make it this time now that I live towards the east coast...

-dB

Death of Rats
02-10-2006, 05:26 PM
Please let there be another Shatnerball.

I ask this of the Gods,
I ask this of the players,
I ask this of Kaye
I ask this of Shatner

Ok getting tired of asking for stuff. Feel like I am 15 again trying to get my mom or dad drive me and my girlfriend to the movies, and let me borrow some money, and let me drive the car, and let me go to the R rated movie. Wow, I forgot how bad it was to be 15.

REDRT
02-24-2006, 11:55 AM
Bill might have forget how fun paintball is, "mad cow" you know. I'm all for another round of it. Maybe this time Tom you won't have the odds stacked in your favor. :rolleyes: See if you can't get James Spader also. He has to be 10x better than Man Cow. Man was I disappointed in that guy. What a poser.

Vigilantrix
03-07-2006, 09:17 AM
No way, see if we can't get Patrick Stewart or Jonathan Frakes (Picard & Riker) to do it! Or we could have Bill lead an attack on the Klingons led by Micheal Dorn (Worf)...

REDRT
03-07-2006, 09:42 AM
No way, see if we can't get Patrick Stewart or Jonathan Frakes (Picard & Riker) to do it! Or we could have Bill lead an attack on the Klingons led by Micheal Dorn (Worf)...

:rolleyes: A next gen groupie. Maybe we should get Geri Ryan from Voyager and forget paintball all together. :D

Vigilantrix
03-07-2006, 09:46 AM
:rolleyes: A next gen groupie. Maybe we should get Geri Ryan from Voyager and forget paintball all together. :D

Make it so?

Glickman
03-07-2006, 11:18 AM
Aha!

i know exactly what we should do.

Star wars vs. Trek

You trekkies will eat my saber :clap:

REDRT
03-07-2006, 02:58 PM
Aha!

Star wars vs. Trek

Nothing in the Prime Directive says we can't, set phazers to stun. We'll use the transporters to beam in and take them by suprise!

Vigilantrix
03-08-2006, 09:18 AM
Aha!

Star wars vs. Trek

What important things is Mark Hamill doing that he couldn't come out and play some paintball!? If they made a DVD of the event it would be the first "movie" he's appeared in since what, Jay & Silent Bob Strike Back? He would so do it!

REDRT
03-08-2006, 10:30 AM
What important things is Mark Hamill doing that he couldn't come out and play some paintball!? If they made a DVD of the event it would be the first "movie" he's appeared in since what, Jay & Silent Bob Strike Back? He would so do it!

He is a little short to be a storm trooper. :D That is an idea. From what I know of him he seems like an easy going guy that loves seeing and hearing from fans. Just like his father he is. (Yoda voice). :D

PirateGent
03-18-2006, 06:41 PM

I think "Comic Book: The Movie" (believe it or not was pretty funny) was his last "film" but I know he does alot of voice overs for cartoons. (Watch Justice League or Kim Possible)

But that would be a very cool match up. But would "The Powers that Be" (Paramount & Lucas) allow it?

Personally I'd sign up but would be torn on which side to be (okay so I'm a geek - but I'm a geek that plays paintball!)

Lupis Fidelis
04-03-2006, 06:06 PM
Hey all,

I just returned from the MXS Narnia event in VA......

Pacman announced that there will be a celebrity paintball event this fall in California..... And yes, he said William Shatner and Tom Kaye would be there.

Pacman said the press release had not been sent out yet but he tipped off the MXS players....

:)

Nrtheastah
04-06-2006, 03:00 PM
I had suggested a while back that someone should invite the Paul Teutul Sr. and Paul Teutul Jr. from Orange County Choppers. The way they went at each other on their American Chopper show, it would have made for some interesting paintball with them on opposite sides. Just a thought!

hitech
04-08-2006, 12:42 AM

Now you're talking... :D

REDRT
04-08-2006, 12:53 AM
Now you're talking... :D

I wonder if she would consider getting all borg'd out. So hot as Seven of Nine! :cheers:

MoeMag
04-08-2006, 02:55 AM
I wonder if she would consider getting all borg'd out. So hot as Seven of Nine! :cheers:

Good man
:cheers:

I just might be able to make it to this one! I'm right next door :bounce:
As far as I can tell this is still all just a reliable rumor, no real info on it right?

Pickle
04-09-2006, 03:11 AM
Good man
:cheers:

I just might be able to make it to this one! I'm right next door :bounce:
As far as I can tell this is still all just a reliable rumor, no real info on it right?

The thread announcing the 2006 event in So Cal has been deleted. So, who knows.

Lupis Fidelis
04-09-2006, 10:44 AM
Thread has been "Sticky'd" in the paintball talk forum..... It was moved not deleted.....

Pickle
04-09-2006, 11:25 AM
Thread has been "Sticky'd" in the paintball talk forum..... It was moved not deleted.....

My eyes deceived me when I searched for it. Thank you.