PDA

View Full Version : Which Is More Accurate?

holeshotking
10-14-2005, 10:34 PM
is a phantom stock class marker with a 3.5 oz Co2 very much more accurate than a regular semi-auto elect or mechanical marker? im getten a new marker and i tend to always have the angle but my marker will never hit what i want it to

Chronobreak
10-14-2005, 10:49 PM
Welcome to AO

accuracy = barrel to paint match + consistency

co2 has a habbit of fluctuationg, so it can be less accurate, however some guns handle co2 better, and with a phantom you tend to aim more/faster

instead of pointing and shooting

alot of other variables are also factors, but those are the main ones.

onedude36
10-15-2005, 12:18 AM
and percieved accuracy. tyger proved this as well. If you have a pump, and have been playing with it for a while you actually tend to "aim" it. freaky huh.

peewee
10-15-2005, 01:41 AM
All I can say is practice shooting , remove as many variables as you can. Same paint, airsource, barrel.

anomoly40
10-15-2005, 03:16 AM
Also get one of those distance finders and learn how to lick your finger to tell wind direction/speed.

Seriously though, this site has a lot of information on paint matching and overall accuracy. Look around the home page.

slade
10-15-2005, 11:38 AM
accuracy = barrel to paint match + consistency
thats debateable. many people (including me) consider paint to barrel match to have a negligible effect on precision, it more effects the chance of barrel breaks and the efficiency. and technically accuracy is a function of precision and the user, precision is a function of consistency, the paint, and the barrel, and consistancy is based upon the air source and marker internals, as well as the paint and barrel.

he is asking which is more consistant. as chronobreak said, the velocity could fluctuate due to the CO2, but from what ive heard phantoms are not bad on co2. overall there wont be much of a difference between either marker as far as precision is concerned, although if you shoot fast with an electro your accuracy will most likely go down a bit, due to kick.

player4
10-15-2005, 04:13 PM
thats debateable. many people (including me) consider paint to barrel match to have a negligible effect on precision, it more effects the chance of barrel breaks and the efficiency. and technically accuracy is a function of precision and the user, precision is a function of consistency, the paint, and the barrel, and consistancy is based upon the air source and marker internals, as well as the paint and barrel.

he is asking which is more consistant. as chronobreak said, the velocity could fluctuate due to the CO2, but from what ive heard phantoms are not bad on co2. overall there wont be much of a difference between either marker as far as precision is concerned, although if you shoot fast with an electro your accuracy will most likely go down a bit, due to kick.

For closed bolt markers - which pumps are - paint to barrel match heavily effects accuracy. It's something you'd have to experience first hand to fully comprehend.

But, as for either marker being more accurate, they shoudl have the same accuracy. Tragectory (sp) wise, they could be different.

B.A.M.
10-15-2005, 04:45 PM
pump is more accurate per shot because you have alot more time to line it up as apposed to a semi but if you get 12 shots to 1 on a pump there a chance the semi might hit the target also but with more paint

onedude36
10-15-2005, 05:15 PM
pump is more accurate per shot because you have alot more time to line it up as apposed to a semi but if you get 12 shots to 1 on a pump there a chance the semi might hit the target also but with more paint

no. just aim. if you know your gun well enough, you can tell where the paint will go, and you wont have to walk your paint to your target. has nothing to do with pump or not, pump players just tend to aim more often than not. but you still need good paint, barrel matched to your paint, and consistency.

yea kinda random, but i want to go play so im not thinking about grammar.

yingyang
10-15-2005, 05:23 PM
Well having experince with both, they are all usally the same accuracy. My phantom with the co2 in the vertical position gets around 8 +/- consistency. No gun is more accurate then the other at the same velocity, paint to bore match, and a decently smooth straight barrel.

slade
10-15-2005, 06:17 PM
For closed bolt markers - which pumps are - paint to barrel match heavily effects accuracy. It's something you'd have to experience first hand to fully comprehend.

But, as for either marker being more accurate, they shoudl have the same accuracy. Tragectory (sp) wise, they could be different.
true, in a closed bolt marker the ball can roll down the barrel slightly affecting the shot to shot consistency. for a phantom, which he is asking about, you can buy rings to hold the ball in place the same way a barrel kit would. or you can go with a WWA barrel and freak inserts.