PDA

View Full Version : What do you think about the D2?

wanna-b-ballin'
10-15-2005, 12:05 AM
so what do you guys think about the new Bob Long Defiant?

i started getting interested in it the other day, and i gotta say it looks pretty good for the price and what it offers stock.

what are your views on it?

AGDlover
10-15-2005, 12:10 AM
just another timmy in BL's book its bound to have the same old stuff as every other timmy

lather
10-15-2005, 04:15 AM
Isnt the Defiant 2 a Promaster with some bells and whistles? Thought it was just like how the orginal Defiant was basically a Bushmaster 2k with Autococker threads and some milling.

sithos
10-15-2005, 06:15 AM
Isnt the Defiant 2 a Promaster with some bells and whistles? Thought it was just like how the orginal Defiant was basically a Bushmaster 2k with Autococker threads and some milling.

No, this time they are totally different markers. I see the defiant as the timmy for people who care about performance, not looks. Its not a very attractive marker, but the price is good and ive heard nothing but good reviews on them.

VFX_Fenix
10-15-2005, 07:00 AM
I was under the impression that the Defiant 2 was still an ICD platform gun which was Bobby's version of the Promaster with a different board/trigger frame/milling/etc. Basically the same body and guts with different cosmetics and software. The original Defiant was absolutely an ICD Bushmaster 2000, or rather I think the Bushmaster 2000 was a Defiant (I'm not sure which came first actually) but either way, both were the same gun with different milling and threads.

After some looking at pictures and doing some overlays the defiant is actually (apparently) shorter verticaly and has a slightly longer body when the trigger frames as scaled to eachother for overall height (i.e. I'm assuming that the frames have the same vertical measurement). While it's still possible that the Defiant II is based on the Promaster platform (or vis versa) it doesn't seem that they have any major interchangeable parts.

Oh yeah, and ummm... team-mate and friend of mine owns one of these D2's and... well... it's okay. It doesn't get nearly the number of shots his E2 Cocker does on a fill, it's lighter, kicks more (artifact of being lighter), louder, and his eye harness after less than a day of playing (hadn't even had a chance to take it appart yet) is broken, and yes, it came from Bob Long that way. Trigger feels like... well... not very nice compared to an E2/Ion/Angel Speed/Even my E-Mag though that's most likely because the spring return is a little stiff. Minor side to side trigger slop, a host of other quirks and oddities which are uniquely Defiant's. Though on the up-side, it's fast and easy to use.

Indignant
10-15-2005, 09:50 AM
All you guys talking about Promasters, is it just me or was the Defiant 2 released before them, and was released before I even heard ANYTHING about a Promaster?

They are great guns.

slade
10-15-2005, 11:18 AM
All you guys talking about Promasters, is it just me or was the Defiant 2 released before them, and was released before I even heard ANYTHING about a Promaster?

They are great guns.
you didnt hear anything about the promasters because before release they were called b2k5s.

CrimsonGhost
10-15-2005, 05:28 PM
I HAVE a "D2" so I will speak from my observations.

"+" s

Small. about 3/4" shorter height wise than the Borg and almost 2" shorter length wise. Ram cap to lpr end
Light, fully set up with barrel,reg and such it FEELS lighter than the borg..but if it is in fact i can't say...I don't believe in scales;)
FAST and upgrades are already out for the boards (Alias )if you fell the NEED to go Tim Taylor style.
Reasonable price for what you get...I have CERTAINLY paid more for less
Easy to maintain and clean.

"-"s
Feedneck is a FIXED style that requires you to shave your loader. (ALias neck though so its easy to get a new one)
LPR is ...iffy .It can be hit or miss day to day, fsdo can be an issue.
Nubbin Detents (personal issue with smal bits of rubber in a high ROF marker)
Eye wires seem to be fragile for some reason....1 set in 2 months of owning.
Main reg is reverse/funky threaded so you NEED to buy an adapter to use other regs. (Kinda a tribute to the first defiants I guess)
Air, well. it's is a BIT gas happy but not bad, MAYBE 2-3 pods difference from it compared to the Alias I owned.
May not be "borken in" yet though.

I won't compare it to the Borg...Borg is one of the MOST effiecient markers I have used.

Iffy stuff that can go wither way.
Main reg is TIGHT against the trigger guard. Can be a bit unstable for some folks shooting styles.
High flow style barbs not used in stock set ups.(ok, nit picking ...but it is silly to have this section and only have 1 thing in it)

Aftermarket stuff THAT would be nice LPR(STD get on this NOW), Detents KILA/cocker/angel/etc. PUUUHHHLLLLEEEEEEZZZZEEE!!!, eye harness, MAYBE some new frames so us "blessed" with larger fingers can REALY get on these triggers.

I like my "D2" and plan to keep it in the arsenal for awhile.

I am a BIG fan of this style marker (piston style striker/ram, Compact open bolt.) and LOVED my Defaint/Bushy, Cyborgs. Still have My Defaint "1" ,Keep a Borg in the kit and now I have the Defaint 2. :cheers: