PDA

View Full Version : Price Drops

SPECK
10-16-2005, 07:34 PM
Which guns do you think retain their value best?

I seriously cannot belive people are already trying to ditch their 05 Speeds.

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=1233911

Also, people are dropping their Alias' for around $550-$600.

I have seen around 5 04'-05' Shockers, some NIB, going for $450-$500.

I think it's crazy. I mean, wait 6 months from now.

*-*-*-*- BNIB Mantis EGO $450 OBO!!!-*-*-*-*

SCpoloRicker
10-16-2005, 08:19 PM
OMG irst-fay ost-pay!

atm743
10-16-2005, 08:25 PM
ya know i was going to post AKA guns but i have seen them 04 vikings with tadao for 650

on ao theres a rollout viking with tadao and tones of ups for 850 thats dirt cheap for a rollout

but as of now i think 04-05 shockers keep their value if it at least has a he bolt or at least a nerve board in it

and some mech mags. not many though. once you get an e-xmag then people will only pay like 600-800 for one??

i only made 500 or soo for my fully ule emag

AGDlover
10-16-2005, 09:08 PM
a highly(custom or along thoughs lines) uped spyder really cant go for over 200. I've had field refs i know have spyders that they put 1g into but could only get 150 for it online

JKR
10-16-2005, 09:23 PM
Anything carrying the PPS logo.

Archangel Zer0
10-16-2005, 09:59 PM
Anything that fires a .68 caliber paint projectile hold its value the worst. Paintball guns period have the worst return on investment of anything I've ever seen. You're lucky if you can get half of what you paid out of it a year later.

BigEvil
10-16-2005, 10:03 PM
Anything that fires a .68 caliber paint projectile hold its value the worst. Paintball guns period have the worst return on investment of anything I've ever seen. You're lucky if you can get half of what you paid out of it a year later.

QFT. Its worst than buying a car.

SpitFire1299
10-16-2005, 10:03 PM
I went with kingman.. their guns are like $170 new, and then $35 used. :tard:

Lohman446
10-17-2005, 09:04 AM
The markers that retain there value the best are the ones that do not have a newer version released every year. Of course that also means they are not the "in" thing and may not have all the features of markers that are updated from year to year (even if those are minor upgrades they are steps in the right direction generally).

Pumps seem to maintain value well, because frankly there are not new updates for them every year, in general.

Mags, without having new things released for them, seem to hold value, at least used.

I assume the same can be said for things from Palmers.

Its also a general feeling of retail and inflated MSRP. People pay $500 for a marker that retails for $700 or such, and think its worth $700 despite the fact anyone can buy them for about $500. They sell them a year later at $300 and complain they lost $400 off value - a value which the marker didn't even have when they bought it.

BigEvil
10-17-2005, 09:35 AM
Its also a general feeling of retail and inflated MSRP. People pay $500 for a marker that retails for $700 or such, and think its worth $700 despite the fact anyone can buy them for about $500. They sell them a year later at $300 and complain they lost $400 off value - a value which the marker didn't even have when they bought it.

Im not sure about that.. I was a dealer at one time and got out because the wholesale to retial markups were so low. A customer thinks that because he is buying a $1300 marker that there is a huge profit margin, when in fact, there is not. (Not for the retailer anyway)

Throw in the fact that most manufactureres(coughNPScough) have retail branches that do their best to undercut their other dealers and that lowers the profit margins even more.

Lohman446
10-17-2005, 09:39 AM
Im not sure about that.. I was a dealer at one time and got out because the wholesale to retial markups were so low. A customer thinks that because he is buying a $1300 marker that there is a huge profit margin, when in fact, there is not. (Not for the retailer anyway)

Throw in the fact that most manufactureres(coughNPScough) have retail branches that do their best to undercut their other dealers and that lowers the profit margins even more.

Your right in a way. But they advertise better markup margins by giving you a retail price noone actually gets. The markup wouldn't be that bad if you went with there retail prices, but the fact is you have to sell competetively. I look at the price of Protos (because I have been watching them I use them as the example) and what people seem to think they are worth. With a little bit of looking and a few contacts I can often buy them new for less than what people want for them used.

Jackel411
10-17-2005, 10:47 AM
Pump guns hold there retail if its a desirable gun.... Carters , Phantoms , and anything old and sheridan...

Other than that not much else.. hell I snapped up my pair of timmys for both under 500 , I trade an A5 and 300 bucks for my lasoya , and paid 200 bucks for my 2k2 timmy..

And we wont go into cockers.. Locally I got a 2k3 for 65 bucks , and a friend of mine picked up a Karnivore for 300 bucks.

The industry and the mentality of the kids in the game right now are causeing this problem , nobody just keeps guns and uses them for a season.. They have to have the newest and best or you wont be cool.....

Personally my favorite gun at the moment still remains to be a beat to crap old rental nelson based clone I built from parts , and use normally....... and that gun is ome 15 years old

FSU_Paintball
10-17-2005, 11:31 AM
I think cockers are definitely the worst. I dropped $1500 into an Ultralite + upgrades and got about $650 for it a year and a half later. And I was lucky. I just bought a nearly new, upgraded 2k4 cocker for $100 off of PBN. I've seen cockers go for $80, I've seen ebladed guns go for under $200. Resale is the absolute pits for cockers.

WingMan13
10-17-2005, 11:35 AM
I have to agree that Autocockers have some of the worst resale value. I have seen the super up'd, Ebladed, and even the crazy annoed sell for super cheap. The resale on parts are even worse.

frop
10-17-2005, 01:00 PM
Methinks that's waaaaaaaaaay too many choices for me. I got lost trying to read them all! Seriously :(

Face it, people are stupid, fad-driven idiots. Especially the teen/preteens that seem to be doing most of the buying/selling.

phantomhitman
10-17-2005, 01:04 PM
There is no comparison, the Angel takes this easily. They make so many new models, as well as private labeled guns, that everyone dumps them off for something else. The cockers are losing valvue because no one wants them now, especially since they are alot older and better guns cna be bought for cheaper. Throwing cockers out there is like saying no one buys minimags......it is rhetorical.
The shocker is the only gun that comes close to holding a worse value than the angel. However, the private label shockers still hold their values more than angels do.

WARPED1
10-17-2005, 04:10 PM
Eblades with eyes for $250, 'nuff said...............