PDA

View Full Version : Angels just lost

kosmo
10-16-2005, 10:44 PM
That means that NY, Boston, and LA, three of the biggest stupidest and most accountable for the ruining of baseball, have been smited. HAH! If only the Indians wouldve made the playoffs and kept one of those three from reaching, it wouldve been even better. Youd have to think though, that what with spending craploads of money like they do, and getting beaten by a team that didnt, that the money teams would be the ones most in favor of a salary cap so they could have an excuse to lose and not have to spend all that money doing it. :shooting:

SocialD
10-16-2005, 11:37 PM
Woohoo!!!! GO Sox. :dance: :headbang: :clap:

Added:

When the Sox-Angels series started I was really worried. I watched the Angels hand it to the Sox all season. So, I was pleasantly suprised when they pulled it off in 5 games. :D

I thought that we were going to lose it in 5 instead. :confused:

Vex
10-17-2005, 12:20 AM
Damn...

Oh well, maybe it'll be another "Sox" year...that would be kind of cool.

lather
10-17-2005, 02:02 AM
Not having a New York, Boston or LA team means poor ratings for this years World Series. A regular season Yankees-Red Sox game would probably have higher ratings.

:rolleyes:

Lohman446
10-17-2005, 07:15 AM
Not having a New York, Boston or LA team means poor ratings for this years World Series. A regular season Yankees-Red Sox game would probably have higher ratings.

I don't think so. Even Yankee fans can appreciate two long shot teams (assuming Clemens err. I mean the Astros) make it too.

I'm a Yankees fan and would have cheered for them had they made it, or cheered against Boston if they made it. I am as interested in this series as if they were there, and pulling for Clemens to win one.

Aggressive Rooster
10-17-2005, 04:45 PM

who wouldnt watch the world series just because there team didnt make it?im a cards fan and if they dont win three straight ill definately watch the ws and be rooting for the white sox.i quess its about being a baseball fan and not just a fan of your city.

lather
10-17-2005, 10:33 PM
I don't think so. Even Yankee fans can appreciate two long shot teams (assuming Clemens err. I mean the Astros) make it too.

I'm a Yankees fan and would have cheered for them had they made it, or cheered against Boston if they made it. I am as interested in this series as if they were there, and pulling for Clemens to win one.

Teams like Yankees/Red Sox have a larger fan base outside of their major market area than a team such as the CWS. Outside of the primary market Im willing to bet there are more Yankee fans/ haters in any other region of the country than say a team like Saint Louis. Ratings will suffer because the casual fans favorite team to love (or hate) is not in the World Series.

RoadDawg
10-17-2005, 11:00 PM
I was at Game 5 last night... and man was it disappointing to watch a team that hit over .300 all season bat .175 as a team, plus watch 4 sox pitchers throw complete games, and have a MVP caliber player go 1-20 with 14 f'in ground outs.

I'm most upset over the Yankee pitcher that tagged Bengie Molina in the elbow and ruined his ability to swing the freakin bat.

As for the series I'm pulling for the Astro's because Chicago needs to keep the curse of the Cubs and WhiSox. :D

EDIT:

The umpires didn't help matters on two occasions(g2 & g4) but made the right call in game 5.

RingOfScale
10-19-2005, 12:43 AM
outside of that call with mr. zinsky at the ball possibly being in the dirt and a stolen first base, none of the calls effected the game outcomes. (and even so the sox still coulda won that one in extra innings.) so you cant really totally blame the umps.

it is rather impressive tho that out of a total of 45 innings that 44.3 were thrown by starting pictures tho...

-rIng

RoadDawg
10-19-2005, 12:59 AM
outside of that call with mr. zinsky at the ball possibly being in the dirt and a stolen first base, none of the calls effected the game outcomes. (and even so the sox still coulda won that one in extra innings.) so you cant really totally blame the umps.

it is rather impressive tho that out of a total of 45 innings that 44.3 were thrown by starting pictures tho...

-rIng

I'm not saying the outcome would have been any different but either way the Angels were cheated out of at least one at bat. For example, game #4, Finley hits into a double play after hitting the catcher mit (catcher interference). Had it been called it would have been bases loaded with 1 out. Which could have sparked some emotion into the Angels, or Kennedy would have struck out or hit into a double play. Or he puts it over the fence and the they get 4 runs. Hard to say cause it didn't come to be.

Game #2. Ball wasn't in the dirt and and should have been the third out. Gives the angels 3 more chances to score, or get out. Either way I think the Sox would've won that game and all the other games due to the Angels hitting very crappy the whole series.