PDA

View Full Version : What to get?

68classicmag33
10-18-2005, 04:34 PM
Hi. WHich gun should I get?

peewee
10-18-2005, 06:30 PM
What are you looking to play? Most Amazing gun that I have seen as of late is the FS7. knock your socks off. Very easy to maintain. I'm talkin mag easy..

Automaggot68
10-18-2005, 06:32 PM
A Logic UMF Mag.

SCpoloRicker
10-18-2005, 06:51 PM
I'd get an Ion.

/ducks

Automaggot68
10-18-2005, 06:52 PM
I'd get an Ion.

/ducks

rolfnoob.
dint u know that ion ar teh suk? LOLOLOLOL
nooob

electriceel125
10-18-2005, 06:52 PM
Try looking for a used viking. They are very fast, reliable, and consistent. They are a bit on the heavy side but i feel the preformance outweighs the problems from weight.

Igotu
10-18-2005, 07:00 PM
How about an Emag :eek:

I got one and just love it. Predator board it(when the pboard comes out) and get eyes and you will be set.

Or a shocker.

FallNAngel
10-18-2005, 07:10 PM
My Predator Angel :D

ROYALKNIGHT
10-18-2005, 08:01 PM
Hi. WHich gun should I get?
68 classic automag for a woodsball gun man! you cant go wrong, tough as nails and all the tippmanns owners, and new geeks will be saying,what the hell is tht because everybody and grandma has a tippmann, not that they are bad markers or enything but lets lhave more AGD and TOM KAYE guns out there guys, am i right or what? :hail:

68classicmag33
10-19-2005, 08:00 PM
welll, i play everything, woods, rec, speed

so, i need all around good gun.

and, obviously, a 68 classic isnt gonna do much good in speed.

FallNANgel: are you selling your angel?

$tevo
10-19-2005, 09:44 PM
it all depends on how much you want to spend. i hear good things all the time about the b2k4, and they are really cheap now. and we all know RTs are awesome, very reliable. you cant go wrong with an rt.

guns are all preference, if your on a budget and want an electro get a b2k4. if u want to spend more money, save and get a shocker. if you want something you dont need to worry about ever, get an rt.

i shoot an rt ule mag and an alias. love em both.

etjoyride
10-19-2005, 09:58 PM
Simple buy my awesome upped angel....it has everything you would ever need. :D :D :D
good luck with whatever you choose

NewMagMan21
10-19-2005, 11:45 PM
rolfnoob.
dint u know that ion ar teh suk? LOLOLOLOL
nooob
lol...PBN impression to be remembered :rofl:
Personally the best way to go now with the price drop is the b2k4 and with your extra cash you can make it sexy...
Thats what I just did like a week ago...so very sweet...they really are underated now adays but they are actually very nice...

VFX_Fenix
10-20-2005, 12:28 AM
If you're in the $300-ish range, SP Ion, Diablo Wrath, ICD B2K w/ PDS would be my picks. From there you have single tube, stacked tube, and short stacked tube (length).

Mags, unless you're buying used, will be more expensive and won't be electro (if that's what your looking for) without spending an arm+leg at which point, better to buy a Shocker SFT w/ Vision, 05 Speed, Proto Trix, eCocker or even Mech. Cocker.

Unless you really want a Mag and know what you're in for when you do get one (basically an expensive obscure gun that "no one wants" which will cost a large wad of $1 bills and an equally large wad of singles to get to "electro" status and is running 3.2 software OR a Hyperframe w/ T-Board... you'll pay more if there's a Morlock or drop-in Predator board installed, probably a lot more if it has the latter when they finally come out).

So far as support goes, Smart Parts really is pretty good about backing their guns, or at least the SP reps I've talked to are anyway. Performance updates are quick and easy with SP also, if something comes out for their guns and you've send in your Registration card they'll send you an e-mail asking for your gun or your address to install or ship you the new parts to make your gun work like the latest revisions on the hardware.

Personally I can't speak on the support of AKALMP but there are enough people out there that say good things about them that they can't all be wrong... can they?

ICD's okay about support, if something comes from the factory faulty they'll hook you up with a fix no problem (or even if the user is stupid and has the air lines installed backwards and blows the 'noid... :tard: )

Tippmann's also good about hardware fixes and free stuff to get your gun working again, just a thought...

Bottom line - What are you looking for? I mean, any of the guns listed would do well in the woods with some color considerations or just as they are, same for recreational guns. Tourney guns, you'll probably be looking in the direction of the electro population. Also, what kind of a budget are you on? I see that you have some options for saving up to get some more expensive kinds of guns, do you want your gun now or can you wait the 3 to 6 months it'd take to get more money together? Is firepower bang for your buck important? Longevity (durability)?

If the sky's the limit and I could get any gun in the world... I'd get either an Ego or an 05/06 Speed. I wouldn't get another E-Mag (X-Mag maybe... SFL definately if I found one and had the cash, but I'd end up selling my E-Mag to offset the cost). I dunno... but all things considered, you'll probably end up with the vote lying heavily in favor of the RT Mag or a Mag of some flavor for rather obvious reasons.

quik
10-20-2005, 12:33 AM
Proto Trix's are cool markers and shoot really great. Easy to maintain and DYE has pretty good customer service.

I reccomend that if you have the funds to spare.

slade
10-20-2005, 02:50 PM
looking at what you have listed, first thing that comes to mind is a promaster. theyre cheap, small, well made, fast as hell, look and feel nice. the only upgrades youd need would be regs, but the stock regs arent unuseable. if you have the money to spare, the v-7 would be a good choice, as well as the proto. although if youre looking at the proto, you might as well also consider a PM5 or DM4.

although, honestly if i were to buy equipment all over i would go for a promaster. its relatively inexpensive, well made, and more than you need. in my opinion most high end guns (if theyre new/relatively new) arent worth the extra cash.

SPECK
10-20-2005, 03:13 PM
Wait until the World Cup is over. Guns will be very cheap.

atm743
10-20-2005, 03:48 PM
hey i would get a nice used 04 viking

they are mad cheap mag fast and never break on you.

i love mine. i can get a case though my stubby 4500 :)

make sure that if you get one that its an 04 to be sure it comes with eyes

FallNAngel
10-20-2005, 11:30 PM
FallNANgel: are you selling your angel?

Sure am, just replied to your PM.

68classicmag33
10-21-2005, 09:26 AM
i just got a great offer on an impy, so Ill probably take that

68classicmag33
10-23-2005, 08:16 PM
If you're in the $300-ish range, SP Ion, Diablo Wrath, ICD B2K w/ PDS would be my picks. From there you have single tube, stacked tube, and short stacked tube (length).

Mags, unless you're buying used, will be more expensive and won't be electro (if that's what your looking for) without spending an arm+leg at which point, better to buy a Shocker SFT w/ Vision, 05 Speed, Proto Trix, eCocker or even Mech. Cocker.

Unless you really want a Mag and know what you're in for when you do get one (basically an expensive obscure gun that "no one wants" which will cost a large wad of $1 bills and an equally large wad of singles to get to "electro" status and is running 3.2 software OR a Hyperframe w/ T-Board... you'll pay more if there's a Morlock or drop-in Predator board installed, probably a lot more if it has the latter when they finally come out).

So far as support goes, Smart Parts really is pretty good about backing their guns, or at least the SP reps I've talked to are anyway. Performance updates are quick and easy with SP also, if something comes out for their guns and you've send in your Registration card they'll send you an e-mail asking for your gun or your address to install or ship you the new parts to make your gun work like the latest revisions on the hardware.

Personally I can't speak on the support of AKALMP but there are enough people out there that say good things about them that they can't all be wrong... can they?

ICD's okay about support, if something comes from the factory faulty they'll hook you up with a fix no problem (or even if the user is stupid and has the air lines installed backwards and blows the 'noid... :tard: )

Tippmann's also good about hardware fixes and free stuff to get your gun working again, just a thought...

Bottom line - What are you looking for? I mean, any of the guns listed would do well in the woods with some color considerations or just as they are, same for recreational guns. Tourney guns, you'll probably be looking in the direction of the electro population. Also, what kind of a budget are you on? I see that you have some options for saving up to get some more expensive kinds of guns, do you want your gun now or can you wait the 3 to 6 months it'd take to get more money together? Is firepower bang for your buck important? Longevity (durability)?

If the sky's the limit and I could get any gun in the world... I'd get either an Ego or an 05/06 Speed. I wouldn't get another E-Mag (X-Mag maybe... SFL definately if I found one and had the cash, but I'd end up selling my E-Mag to offset the cost). I dunno... but all things considered, you'll probably end up with the vote lying heavily in favor of the RT Mag or a Mag of some flavor for rather obvious reasons.

well, i thought about it, and i would rather not wait 3-6 months. As of now, my budget is probably $350 max. and ill be playing woods, and speed.