PDA

View Full Version : (*) (*) NEW to mag and need some help please (*) (*)

pbplayer05
10-18-2005, 09:54 PM
ok, i have a leak and I've looked in other forums before posting, but I checked the rubber disc and the big oring when you screw the valve and the reg apart. they both seem to be good. the velocity seems to be ok also. when I screw the velocity screw out it doesn't get any air, the i screw it back in and it kinda clicks and then shoots. The farther I screw it in the worse the leak get, but I actully get some pressure like the pitch chamges and sounds like it should.I haven't chronoed it because I don't have one to use. what are the possible problems and fixes. thanks I have a classic valve,ANS reg and lv7 bolt.

Automaggot68
10-18-2005, 10:08 PM
Where is the leak?
Down the Barrel?
Through the grip frame (i.e, the on/off) ?
Through the rear of the valve?

pbplayer05
10-18-2005, 10:56 PM
Where is the leak?
Down the Barrel?
Through the grip frame (i.e, the on/off) ?
Through the rear of the valve?

ok, the leak was back by the rear of the valve, no since i cleaned it and relubed it its down the barrel. and I'm just wondering what would make it leak through the grip frame. and ideas or fixes welcome. thanks

edit: ok, it leaks down the barrel now and only after rapid fire. If I shoot one shot at a time slowly its fine, if Ishoot a 3 rond burst for example then I get a leak down the barrel. I back out the velocity screw until there is not pressure left the screw it back in and it works for single shots again. I would call it shoot down, but there seems like there isn't any pressure at all when it starts to leak down the barrel. please help, thanks

Coralis
10-19-2005, 05:43 PM
sounds like to me that you need to tear down the valve and replace all the oring as you have multilple problems you should get yourself a automag parts kit http://store.airgun.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=catalog.prodInfo&productID=7&categoryID=16
that should probably take care of the leaks then if not then you might need a new piston in ans phase 2 part of the valve it looks like this http://store.airgun.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=catalog.prodInfo&productID=30&categoryID=18
note make sure you replace the oring on this before ordering one as this is probably is what is causing the leak out the back of the valve.)

This is a diagram of how the valve and all the parts and should help you to decide if anything is missing or put in wrong http://store.airgun.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=catalog.prodInfo&productID=127&categoryID=18

I hope this helps

rb211
10-19-2005, 05:49 PM
As far as your leak down the barrel, if you have a lvl7 bolt, replace the power tube o-ring. If you have a lvl 10 bolt, go down 1 carrier size. Put 5-6 drops of oil in your ASA and try it again.

With the leak out the back, you really need to chrono the gun. If it is leaking out the back under 300fps, you need to replace your reg piston. If it vents over 300, well that's what it is designed to do.

A leak out the frame is caused by a bad on/off o-ring.