PDA

View Full Version : Logic Ultimate Mechanical Mag Frame

CoolHand
10-19-2005, 11:48 PM
OK Guys, I've gotten the price nailed down, so here is the skinny.

I wanted these new mech frames to be a viable alternative to the AGD Intelliframe, and the price reflects this.

Just $105 for Black, Red, or Blue!

Click Here to Order. ( http://www.logicpaintball.com/cgi-bin/mivavm?Merchant2/merchant.mvc+Screen=PROD&Store_Code=LP&Product_Code=UMF10AS)

Same drill as always with new stuff, if you get one bought before they go to ano you can choose any solid color for no extra charge.

Pics:

http://www.logicpaintball.com/UMF-RHClose.jpg

http://www.logicpaintball.com/UMF-LHClose.jpg

http://www.logicpaintball.com/UMF-LFrontBig.jpg

http://www.logicpaintball.com/UMF-RRearBig.jpg

That is all.

mag88888
10-20-2005, 08:58 AM
:D wow, i want one! nice work coolhand, you just keep thing coming! :D

tropical_fishy
10-20-2005, 11:01 AM
Very nice Job, Ryan!

-Derek On Trop's Name.

Arstron
10-20-2005, 01:49 PM
I still am not sure about the frame, but I am not making any judgments on it until november 12th ;)

UTDragun
10-20-2005, 02:17 PM
I still am not sure about the frame, but I am not making any judgments on it until november 12th ;)
If it is anything like the last one he made, which im quite positive it is, it will be awesome.

davidmoore714
10-20-2005, 04:17 PM
Im new to the mag world (still waiting on delivery of my very first one) so forgive me if these are stupid questions... but will this frame accept the same mod as the intelliframe with the microswitch linked to a loader? And will this frame work with any mech mag rail without modification to either the frame or the rail?

Just curious. Thanks.
DM

CoolHand
10-20-2005, 06:11 PM
Im new to the mag world (still waiting on delivery of my very first one) so forgive me if these are stupid questions... but will this frame accept the same mod as the intelliframe with the microswitch linked to a loader? And will this frame work with any mech mag rail without modification to either the frame or the rail?

Just curious. Thanks.
DM

Yes, you can intellifeed this one the same way you would an Intelliframe. Same parts, using the same instructions.

It will mount to any rail, and work just fine, however, if you try to use one on a classic rail, you won't have any place to mount a foregrip. The trigger guard is so big that there just isn't room left up front to mount one.

If you have a classic RT (the old original RT with the gas-thru rail), I will need to have the old frame sent down here so I can open up the rear frame hole to work with the Banjo Type Field Strip Screw.

mag88888
10-20-2005, 06:27 PM
sooo its $130 with grips?

CoolHand
10-20-2005, 06:54 PM
sooo its $130 with grips?

Yeah, those SP grips are $25.

BUT, they take any regular .45 style grips, so you don't need to buy them from me. I just have a steady supply of the SP grips. If I could find a good stock of those old DYE grips like AGD ships on the IFrames, I'd go with them and just include them in the price, but I can't find them anywhere.

If enough people want them I can also get the 32 deg knockoffs, which are much cheaper.

Honestly, I just figured everyone would have .45 grips laying around, so they would want to buy the frames bare.

luke
10-21-2005, 12:04 PM
It will mount to any rail, and work just fine, however, if you try to use one on a classic rail, you won't have any place to mount a foregrip. The trigger guard is so big that there just isn't room left up front to mount one.

Where there's a will there's a way. :D ;)

CoolHand
10-21-2005, 02:20 PM
Where there's a will there's a way. :D ;)

Oh yes, there is always a way. It's just not a bolt-on solution for the end consumer.

You know me, I'm always down for the custom work, but it's never as simple or as fast as just buying a piece and bolting it on.

Arstron
10-21-2005, 02:29 PM
just wondering, how much bigger is the trigger guard compared to an intelliframe? In all honesty the big trigger guard is whats kept me away from both frames.

CoolHand
10-21-2005, 02:50 PM
just wondering, how much bigger is the trigger guard compared to an intelliframe? In all honesty the big trigger guard is whats kept me away from both frames.

About a quarter of an inch (0.25"), 5/16" at most. The mechanical version doesn't have as big a guard as the electro does (even though they are similarly shaped).

You're dismissing it because of looks, but just wait until you shoot an electro with a trigger guard big enough that you don't hit your finders when walking the trigger. You will feel a difference.

It really helps me maintain my rhythm, and I have gotten a lot of compliments back from guys who bought the Shocker frames saying the same. The big guard looks a little goofy, but it is functional, even on a mechanical marker. If you're not running into the trigger guard, you're more likely to maintain your rhythm, which in turn helps you maintain your ROF.

luke
10-21-2005, 03:04 PM
Oh yes, there is always a way. It's just not a bolt-on solution for the end consumer.

You know me, I'm always down for the custom work, but it's never as simple or as fast as just buying a piece and bolting it on.

What I was thinking is that the original rail has the dove tail side mount. ;)

CoolHand
10-21-2005, 03:09 PM
What I was thinking is that the original rail has the dove tail side mount. ;)

Oh snap! That's a hell of an idea actually.

Slide on and clamp down. :headbang:

Arstron
10-21-2005, 03:09 PM
Ok thats not as big as I thought it was. I still am going to wait until AO:MO to see for my self. Since I have somone coming with me to split the expenses, perhaps I can come up with enough extra money incase I do like it. ;)

Gunther_mag_user
10-21-2005, 03:14 PM
Any chances of you making a mech frame that looks exactly like your electro frame? Call me crazy but I LOVE the huge(er) trigger guard and the fatty part on the back of the grip. :hail: You never cease to amaze me. Bravo. :cheers:

edit:luke, I shudder to think of what would happen if you used your powers for evil :wow:

luke
10-21-2005, 03:16 PM
That's a hell of an idea actually.

Use it if you like. :cheers:

turtlepaint
10-22-2005, 03:55 PM
Hey just wonderin if i can get the frame and a alpha rail in polished????? Also will my foregrip mount on your rail with your trigger?? thanks

CoolHand
10-22-2005, 04:16 PM
Hey just wonderin if i can get the frame and a alpha rail in polished????? Also will my foregrip mount on your rail with your trigger?? thanks

Nope, the Alpha is a based off a classic rail, so the foregrip won't clear the frame.

I just went and checked to be 100% sure. It likes about 0.25" of clearing. It could be worked with on a regular classic rail, but the Alpha is so cut up that I really can't do anything else with it.

Besides, I only have two of them left, and they are both black.

Carbon Blue
10-23-2005, 12:53 PM
by any chance do you offer any sort of polishing with this? I would like it to match my polished karta :) oh yea is this lighter than a intelliframe?

CoolHand
10-23-2005, 07:02 PM
by any chance do you offer any sort of polishing with this? I would like it to match my polished karta :) oh yea is this lighter than a intelliframe?

Well yeah. If you get one bought before they go to ano, you can choose to have one done in gloss silver for no extra charge.

Gloss silver will look just like polished raw, but won't go dull on you after a few weeks (because it's anodized).

CoolHand
10-24-2005, 01:38 AM
These are going off to ano at the end of next week, so if anyone is after a custom color, now is the time.

Carbon Blue
10-24-2005, 12:09 PM
EDIT: iam a moron for not reading on when they will be annod :D but is it lighter than an intelliframe? if so how much lighter...sorry to bug ya

oh yea sent you a PM regarding some other options. thanks again man.

turtlepaint
10-25-2005, 03:16 PM
Hey do you think the blue ano will match the blue ule good??? Im so torn.. i want to order this one over the intelliframe but i will have more $$ wrapped up here because i need a pro rail. Looks SWEET! :confused:

CoolHand
10-25-2005, 04:55 PM
Hey do you think the blue ano will match the blue ule good??? Im so torn.. i want to order this one over the intelliframe but i will have more $$ wrapped up here because i need a pro rail. Looks SWEET! :confused:

Blue is a really hard color to match.

If you have something that is the same color, I can send it along for them to match.

Much past that I can't make any guarantees, you know how ano is.

Carbon Blue
10-26-2005, 10:40 AM
does it come with the rail bushing?

CoolHand
10-26-2005, 03:36 PM
does it come with the rail bushing?

Nope.

If you need one, just let me know and I'll tack it onto your bill. :ninja:

Carbon Blue
10-26-2005, 11:46 PM
is it lighter than an intelliframe?

Im going to need that rail bushing, how much extra and how do I add it to the bill?

Estimated shipping of the first batch?

what type of shipping service is used?

just need these questions answered and here i come Logic! :)

CoolHand
10-27-2005, 01:09 AM
is it lighter than an intelliframe?

I don't know, I don't have an Intelliframe to compare it to. This frame weighs 6.15 ozs.

Im going to need that rail bushing, how much extra and how do I add it to the bill?

It's only a dollar, I'll toss it in for nothing (I thought they were like $5).

Estimated shipping of the first batch?

In about a month, maybe five weeks if ano goes slowly.

what type of shipping service is used?

UPS Ground

just need these questions answered and here i come Logic! :)

Answers in red above.

:ninja:

Arstron
10-27-2005, 07:14 AM
how many frames are being created in the first batch?

edit: let me change that, how many blue frames are in the first batch?

Also, after looking at your website, are you planning on making a new RT style rail now also?

CoolHand
10-27-2005, 02:17 PM
how many frames are being created in the first batch?

edit: let me change that, how many blue frames are in the first batch?

Also, after looking at your website, are you planning on making a new RT style rail now also?

50 frames in this batch.

Of them, maybe 7-10 will be done in blue.

Yeah, I'm kicking around the idea of releasing the Ultimate Mag's rail, but I haven't decided yet. There are a awful lot of RTP rails out now.

SpecialBlend2786
10-27-2005, 03:02 PM
I'll be sending you my template hopefully tonight, maybe tomorrow morning. As for anno, i think you may have answered my question...but Gold annoed triggers and eye covers with everything else black can be done, yes?

Thank you for all of your time Ryan

CoolHand
10-27-2005, 05:39 PM
I'll be sending you my template hopefully tonight, maybe tomorrow morning. As for anno, i think you may have answered my question...but Gold annoed triggers and eye covers with everything else black can be done, yes?

Thank you for all of your time Ryan

Gold color ano is fine. I don't have anyone to do gold plating though.

SpecialBlend2786
10-27-2005, 05:48 PM
Gold color ano is fine. I don't have anyone to do gold plating though.

well, that's cool

I dont have the money to pay you for gold plating anyway :p

yay for bling

UTDragun
10-27-2005, 08:06 PM
ill take a platinum one. not plated, completely plat. then I want you to build me a tank cuz that would be cool.

painkillers are bad

Carbon Blue
10-27-2005, 09:00 PM
payment sent! Just wanting to make sure you got the payment for a "gloss silver" mechanical frame with no grips :) and i left a message for ya about that rail bushing i need! thanks again man, it was a pleasure doing business with you.

Carbon Blue
10-31-2005, 01:08 PM
any word CoolHand? thanks

CoolHand
10-31-2005, 01:23 PM
any word CoolHand? thanks

Yup, got it.

All is well.

nliwarrior13
11-02-2005, 03:52 AM
i wonder if anyone has bought this frame for their tac 1..id love to see a pic of a blackone as well.... :) :) :) :) :)

Carbon Blue
11-14-2005, 01:54 PM
just wondering, any updates on the frames?

Carbon Blue
11-17-2005, 12:47 AM
any update on the progress? Oh yea I had my frame anno'd gloss silver, will the trigger be anno'd the same to match as well? How many trigger stops does this have?

Oh yea if you could remember about the rail bushing, id hate to get this beautiful frame and wait another week or two because of the rail bushing, thanks CoolHand, your products are the best! :headbang:

Gunther_mag_user
11-17-2005, 02:29 AM
Any chances of you making a mech frame that looks exactly like your electro frame? Call me crazy but I LOVE the huge(er) trigger guard and the fatty part on the back of the grip.
Still wonderin if you could do it and how much it would cost.

Carbon Blue
11-18-2005, 12:26 AM
http://www.logicpaintball.com/cgi-bin/mivavm?Merchant2/merchant.mvc+Screen=PROD&Store_Code=LP&Product_Code=UEMFV10

what kind of rail/mini drop on your mag in that pic? How much did it cost you?

Gunther_mag_user
11-18-2005, 12:49 AM
http://www.logicpaintball.com/cgi-bin/mivavm?Merchant2/merchant.mvc+Screen=PROD&Store_Code=LP&Product_Code=UEMFV10

what kind of rail/mini drop on your mag in that pic? How much did it cost you?
Looks like a dye.

DiSoRdeR
11-18-2005, 03:16 PM
Is it possible to get one that has holes drilled and threaded for the DM5 Grips? Really like the way they look on the Ultimate Mag Frame. If so I will order one right now, have a killer project I want to get started on.

CoolHand
11-18-2005, 07:10 PM
Is it possible to get one that has holes drilled and threaded for the DM5 Grips? Really like the way they look on the Ultimate Mag Frame. If so I will order one right now, have a killer project I want to get started on.

Not really. The DM5 grips are a lot bigger than the stock .45 grips, so they won't really fit onto the frame itself. It's not just a matter of drilling the holes.

Carbon Blue
11-20-2005, 11:23 PM
update?

CoolHand
11-20-2005, 11:51 PM
update?

Nothing to report.

And just an FYI, if I don't respond, it's not because I am ignoring you, it's because the subscription thing is broken and I have forgotten to check my list.

Arstron
11-21-2005, 10:54 AM
And just an FYI, if I don't respond, it's not because I am ignoring you, it's because the subscription thing is broken and I have forgotten to check my list.

Oh how I miss my email updates! FYI for anyone that dont know though, if you clip "User CP" when you first come to this page, it will show you all your subscriptions! :D

Carbon Blue
11-21-2005, 01:39 PM
Nothing to report.

sure no problem :), i was hoping they would be shipping out sometime this week. thanks again

OEM Petey
11-22-2005, 09:33 PM
sure no problem :), i was hoping they would be shipping out sometime this week. thanks again

hmmm.. interested.. but when will the first batch be shipping out?

Carbon Blue
12-01-2005, 04:14 PM
hmmm.. interested.. but when will the first batch be shipping out?
will the triggers be anno'd to match also? :)

minimag03
12-12-2005, 11:44 PM
My order is in :) . Any update on the anno?

Thanks,
minimag03

Carbon Blue
12-13-2005, 12:12 AM
just got word from the man himself to NOT expect the frames anytime before the first two weeks of january. Cant wait till it gets here :)

BigEvil
12-23-2005, 10:45 AM
Ryan,

Im thinking of using this frame for a diy pneumag conversion. Do you have any pics of the frame with the grips off? I would like to see how much room is on the inside.

Thanks again bro.. we'll be talking soon. :D

CoolHand
12-23-2005, 09:31 PM
They aren't very big on the inside.

I don't think I have any pics of the inside, but I will dig around to be sure.

Think intelliframe more than vert frame, size wise.

minimag03
12-24-2005, 12:15 AM
Any update on the frames?

Thanks,
Parker

AnthonyW
01-03-2006, 05:12 PM
Ordered my raw frame last week. A nice x-mas present to myself :D

minimag03
01-03-2006, 05:44 PM
Any update on the frames?

Thanks,
minimag03

What that guy said ^

Carbon Blue
01-14-2006, 11:26 PM
Oh yea just a little reminder about that rail bushing for the gloss silver frame! thanks again

minimag03
01-15-2006, 12:08 AM
Any news CoolHand?

CoolHand
01-15-2006, 01:53 AM
No news to report really.

The frames are off at ano. I had hoped to have them back here by the end of the month, but I'm not sure they are going to make it.

Keep your fingers crossed.

Scott Hudnall
01-29-2006, 05:22 PM
Hey Cool hand...

I just sent you an email about the frames.

Hope there are still some available. Would like to purchase one.

Also, do you sell the modified vertical ASA adapters, like on your electro mag frame, which have the front tapped/drilled for a low pressure reg?

Thanks man. Looking forward to hearing from you.

:cheers:

edit: also, did you have any pics of the inside of the frame with the grips off?

minimag03
01-30-2006, 09:52 PM
Have you received them yet?

OEM Petey
02-08-2006, 06:32 PM
any news yet.. im interested.. but waiting for others to get their frames..

thanks!

91Foxtrot
02-08-2006, 09:11 PM
There is an update on the Logic Electro Frame thread (someone there has both an electo and mech frame on order and asked about the mech). The gist of it is that Ryan is sorry about the wait and that anodizers suck.

And they apparently don't have lasers on their heads.

CoolHand
02-08-2006, 10:28 PM
There is an update on the Logic Electro Frame thread (someone there has both an electo and mech frame on order and asked about the mech). The gist of it is that Ryan is sorry about the wait and that anodizers suck.

And they apparently don't have lasers on their heads.

LMAO! :rofl:

That's it in a nutshell.

God I love the things you read on an internet forum.

:headbang:

Carbon Blue
02-21-2006, 09:49 PM
just got an email from UPS that the billing information has been received!! :clap:, does that neccesarily mean that it has been shipped?

CoolHand
02-21-2006, 10:44 PM
just got an email from UPS that the billing information has been received!! :clap:, does that neccesarily mean that it has been shipped?

Well, it means that I've printed your label, and that it will ship as soon as I get it packed up.

Go read the front page of my website for a full rundown of what's going on.

Carbon Blue
02-24-2006, 12:06 PM
hey there, just wondering is there any way at all I can have you anodize my frame somewhere else? Id be willing to pay a little more extra. thanks and if you could throw in that rail bushing, thanks again.

AnthonyW
02-24-2006, 09:52 PM
My frame was supposed to come UPS today but it didn't show. The tracking info wasn't helpful at the UPS website. Maybe it will make it Monday.

CoolHand
02-24-2006, 11:43 PM
Patience guys. I have like 80 packages to ship here, it takes a while.

You get the tracking number when I print the labels, not when I hand them to UPS. Which means that the numbers won't work until I do hand them over to UPS. Get it?

I should get the majority of them out on Monday, the rest in a few days.

I'm not sending off any more parts for ano until I find a reliable place. Sorry Carbon, it's not a matter of money anymore. And I will do my best not to forget your rail bushing.

DevilSpawned
02-25-2006, 09:35 PM
where do you get those triggers from?

tipp-ed off
02-25-2006, 11:28 PM
Who were you using for your anodizer? Have you tried FBM http://fbmfactory.com/fbmf/index.html ? I've heard some good things about them but you never know.

minimag03
02-26-2006, 12:13 AM
FBM actually just lost one of their anodizers and have been scramblimg to catch up since he left.

going_home
03-02-2006, 03:28 PM
Just got my three frames today.
Thanks Ryan.

Robroy
03-02-2006, 11:05 PM
:confused: Will the frames fit a DW Dallara rail (and still be able to mount a foregrip)?

Carbon Blue
03-02-2006, 11:45 PM
a dallara rail is based off the am/mm rail. Yes it will fit but you will not have space to mount a foregrip.

CoolHand
03-03-2006, 12:40 AM
a dallara rail is based off the am/mm rail. Yes it will fit but you will not have space to mount a foregrip.

Precisely.

Dallara Rail = Fancy Milled Classic Rail = No workie so good.

Now, Karta on the other hand . . . . . . . .

If you gotta have one, and you gotta have a Dallara body and rail, then I can certainly make it work for you.

You know, custom shop and all . . . . . . . :ninja:

Carbon Blue
03-03-2006, 05:51 PM
got the frame today. :headbang: but no rail bushing, and ive got a question the trigger pin seems a little loose and there seems to be very little play in the pin itself. Will this thing fall out during play? is loctite needed? is there supposed to be a safety?

CoolHand
03-03-2006, 06:31 PM
got the frame today. :headbang: but no rail bushing, and ive got a question the trigger pin seems a little loose and there seems to be very little play in the pin itself. Will this thing fall out during play? is loctite needed? is there supposed to be a safety?

Damnit. I am very sorry about missing that, it just got lost in the hustle. I even had a bushing set aside for it and everything.

If the pin is loose, just mash one end of it a little and tap it back in (smooshed end last).

The pins are a press fit AFTER ano, they are a little looser raw.

Carbon Blue
03-03-2006, 08:41 PM
what happened to the safety?

CoolHand
03-03-2006, 11:36 PM
what happened to the safety?

AGD was out of them, I am out of them, so they don't have one.

If you can find one (like say you have a CF frame to cannibalize one from), they will take any AGD mech safety (except the EMag safety obviously).

Didn't have much of a choice, ship them without, or make you guys wait longer yet.

If you GOTTA have one, you can use the safety from any carbon fiber frame, see if someone has a spare someplace.

Carbon Blue
03-03-2006, 11:49 PM
could i just hack one out of an intelliframe? thanks

CoolHand
03-04-2006, 12:18 AM
could i just hack one out of an intelliframe? thanks

Yup.

But you don't need to "hack" it out.

Take out the trigger, then remove the little #4-40 set screw from the top of the frame, pull out the little spring that's under that screw, tip the frame upside down over your palm and catch the ity bity ball bearing that's in there, then pull out the safety itself from either side.

Install it in the UMF exactly backwards of that. Pin in first, then ball bearing, spring, set screw, trigger.

It goes in the UMF so that you have to push it from right to left (when looking from the back) in order to fire the marker.

Carbon Blue
03-04-2006, 12:45 AM
thanks! and when punching out the pin from the intelliframe, i start punching from the right to the left or left to the right. thanks again

CoolHand
03-04-2006, 01:52 AM
thanks! and when punching out the pin from the intelliframe, i start punching from the right to the left or left to the right. thanks again

No telling.

Have a look at both ends, and drive from the side that doesn't look smashed at all.

If neither end looks squished, then flip a coin. If it won't budge one way, try the other.

I suggest laying it over a roll of tape, so that the pin is centered over the hole in the tape roll. This way you don't dent your desk/table/bench/etc when you drive the pin out.

Also, use a drift (flat ended punch), or a very sharp punch to drive out the pin. Don't try to use a nail or screw driver, allen key, etc. You'll slip and scratch the frame, near guaranteed.

Have fun.

going_home
03-04-2006, 04:44 AM
I got safety assemblies for my frames from Tunaman.
He has them in stock.

Also the DyeSticky3 grips work great on the frames :

http://photobucket.com/albums/b195/going_home/?sc=1&multi=4&addtype=local&media=image&test=test

StygShore
03-09-2006, 06:14 PM
Hows shipping out of these orders going? I have not heard anything from anyone about nothin since I sent my money in.

Styg

going_home
03-14-2006, 04:34 PM
Check it out.
I put together a mag last night with mister Shanks creation.

http://photobucket.com/albums/b195/going_home/?action=view&current=DSC_0001.jpg

Going to play with it saturday at the grand opening
of Kohn Sports new field in Balm Florida (Hillsborough county south of Tampa).