PDA

View Full Version : Backbottle mag set up questions

redrynn
10-20-2005, 03:47 AM
I have a few questions concerning a backbotlle classic mag set up..Im interested in putting a back bottle on my mag to run with a gas thru stock/remote... to the best of my knowledge i will need; classic rail tapped for backbottle, backbottle asa, 2 90 degree 1/8 NPT elbows and steel braided line...my questions are as follows

1.) How is the "sight picture" with a back bottle set up and mask?

2.) How long of a steel braided hose do I buy..the shortest Ive seen readily available is 4 in..is this too long, short etc..

3. Where can I find braided hose in suitable lengths...it is becoming increasingly hard to find with all the macro/micro line kits being the norm

Any insight would be appreciated...is this even worth doing?...thank you.

Eric Cartman
10-20-2005, 09:56 AM
1.) How is the "sight picture" with a back bottle set up and mask?

Any insight would be appreciated...is this even worth doing?...thank you.

I found that the back bottle setup was up too high and got in the way of the mask. Why wouldn't you go with a bottomline setup and just run the gas through off of the grip? That works well (if you're into remote hoses).

Chronobreak
10-20-2005, 02:38 PM
run a q/d and or slidecheck directly to the valve...

either way you shouldnt have any problems, its just preferance on setup

and as for remotes,,buy a coiled..the steel braided are usualy too long or too short

ive seen 3' + ss hose..

redrynn
10-20-2005, 05:39 PM
Thanks for the info..i guess i wanted the nostalgic look..i dont know really :)

I found that the back bottle setup was up too high and got in the way of the mask. Why wouldn't you go with a bottomline setup and just run the gas through off of the grip? That works well (if you're into remote hoses).

Kwaidd
10-20-2005, 06:01 PM
i see so many pics of guns with the tanks run right off a bottom mount, and i kinda wonder why. is it for the macho appearance of the gun with a humungo high pressure tank hangin off it, or is it for other reasons i dont know about?

i run my air through the bottom and then to an expansion chamber and up to the valve...but i use a remote with my tank on my back so its out of my way and the weight is off the gun. i think its a pretty slick route to go.