PDA

View Full Version : Gun Whore Wannabes

buzzboy
10-20-2005, 05:17 PM
I know you're out there. I am one of them. We are the people who see those with wwwaaaaayyyyy too many guns. And we want to be like them. After looking through the Gun Collection thread I start feeling very envious. I start wishing that I could magically come into some cash. (Yeah Right). How many of "you" are there though. I know there must be some. Especially those with like one gun from every modern company plus about 10.

Lohman446
10-20-2005, 05:52 PM
I know you're out there. I am one of them. We are the people who see those with wwwaaaaayyyyy too many guns. And we want to be like them. After looking through the Gun Collection thread I start feeling very envious. I start wishing that I could magically come into some cash. (Yeah Right). How many of "you" are there though. I know there must be some. Especially those with like one gun from every modern company plus about 10.

I used to feel the need to have half a dozen high end markers... I think I've gotten over it (at one point I owned three markers that I had used in less than half a game and routinely went home with someone else) and am down to one marker.

68magOwner
10-20-2005, 06:00 PM
mmm, got a 05 freestyle, lasoya timmy, DM3, and 04 viking in the house right now (have others, but, those are the high end ones). I only used the viking, as a matter of fact, a friend just picked up the lasoya to use this weekend. No need for more than one nice marker (perhaps one nice electro, mech, and pump).

shartley
10-20-2005, 06:05 PM
Gun Whores? You want to see Gun Whores take a trip to MCB. Now THAR be some Gun Whoren’ going on. :D

peewee
10-20-2005, 06:18 PM
Personally I am fighting the adiction. , down-sizing the collection. Down to five.

SummaryJudgement
10-20-2005, 06:20 PM
I have way too many. It's gotten to the point where I want to streamline my collection down to just my favorites. Right now I have 5 various cockers(Kapp Flame body E-bladew/eyes, Cobra, Ripper, Racegun Halfblock, and ghetto stock), 5 various mags(Shark-Attack X, Karta, Rogue, and 2 micros), my Eclipse Impulse, a Typhoon, and a Rainmaker.

I will end up selling the ghetto cocker, the Ripper, the two micros, the Rainmaker, and the Typhoon. I almost can't stand to part with the others, but someday their time will come....maybe. :D

buzzboy
10-20-2005, 06:40 PM
I have way too many. It's gotten to the point where I want to streamline my collection down to just my favorites. Right now I have 5 various cockers(Kapp Flame body E-bladew/eyes, Cobra, Ripper, Racegun Halfblock, and ghetto stock), 5 various mags(Shark-Attack X, Karta, Rogue, and 2 micros), my Eclipse Impulse, a Typhoon, and a Rainmaker.

I will end up selling the ghetto cocker, the Ripper, the two micros, the Rainmaker, and the Typhoon. I almost can't stand to part with the others, but someday their time will come....maybe. :D
I hate you. :D

I have a feeling that this will turn into Gun Whores Annonymous. So it would be GWA.

cdacda13
10-20-2005, 06:52 PM
I really wanna try it. But, I have one high end gun now, so Im happy.

SCpoloRicker
10-20-2005, 07:01 PM
Gun Whores? You want to see Gun Whores take a trip to MCB. Now THAR be some Gun Whoren’ going on. :D

Sam wins at the internet. There are a few notorious whores here as well, but MCB and PPS guys are hardcore.

/I told you I was hardcore!

etjoyride
10-20-2005, 07:24 PM
For a while i was a wannabe gun whore (but more of a mid range gun one)in a sense. I had 3-4 decent mechs, 2 piranhas and a pistol. NOW i'm down to one mag(project), an angel w/ demon eyes etc., one piranha as backup, and i hope to get a phantom soon and probably sell the angel

SpitFire1299
10-20-2005, 07:32 PM
Oh no.. Wheres phantom_mag? :p

White_Noise
10-20-2005, 07:33 PM
right now i have my sfl emag, my karta bodied RT, sydarm, and a project mag with a rifle stock.

im trying to fight the addiction, just sold my ecocker, have the RT for sale. but i know i am buying a PM6, was thinking about getting 2....

Creative Mayhem
10-20-2005, 07:40 PM
As far as AGD gunwhores go... I would have to say that Muzikman takes the first place award! :cool:

Recon by Fire
10-20-2005, 07:40 PM
I only have 5, so i'm only half a gun whore :)
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b70/doublenot7/Paintball/DSCF0003.jpg

etjoyride
10-20-2005, 07:57 PM
:p yes but all 5 of yours are beautiful, so they count as 10

M98Punk
10-20-2005, 08:31 PM
I agree, versital and attractive....Like any good paintball collection should be

Archangel Kid
10-20-2005, 10:15 PM
what about classic magger?

Richter
10-20-2005, 10:17 PM
Between my brothers and i we have alot of markers. Look up teimusan on mcarterbrown.com

We have 2 check it products super stock aka ghetto duck

brother has a kamazai shooter (old desert duck)

punisher's blue hawaiian phantom

one black phantom

nobody knows but we have punisher "alley sweeper" phantom (spring loaded phantom witha cool stock)

5 snipers (2 right feeds, one center feed 98 sto, one with a chipley pump kit, one original sniper 3)

old 96 vertical feed 4 color splash minicocker(yes vertical feed)

2 kp rifles (one lever action kp3 and and old kp2)

couple sheridan pumps

vm68

7 automags

2 angel lcd 2000

eclipse splash led upgrade with predator board
gold led that doesn't have the update yet

aka excaliber (one use in the movie for the apex barrel i posted)

sl68 tippman pump

tippmann proam

tippman 68 special

multiple black dragons (10)

sheridan equalizer

2 flatline vertical feed autocockers

2 impulses

eblade tyrant when punisher gets it done; my poor brother has been waiting a year and a half for it

redux when they are finished

I think that is it :)

mcdkid
10-20-2005, 11:19 PM
i need names, addresses, and times your not home.

Jackel411
10-20-2005, 11:37 PM
I have alot of guns.. high end ones? Not many only 3 , 2k4 Nox'ed freestyle , 2k3 Lasoya timmy , and a 2k2 timmy.. Old and rare guns make up the bulk of my collection of XX guns I havent counted recently and it has changed alot recently as well....

As for why so many? Its some 13 years of playing and buying guns and only selling some. Hell I still have my first gun from 92.. WGP ranger :) That combine with knowing people in the game, that has gotten me alot of cheap and or free guns..

Creative Mayhem
10-20-2005, 11:40 PM
what about classic magger?

I agree with you, he does have a truely impressive collection no doubt. My earlier comment was pointed toward an AGD product collection, in which I think Muzikman has the monopoly.

Josh2Xtremes
10-20-2005, 11:44 PM
Wow I didn't know so many people out there had such awesome gun collections. Makes me glad I'm not alone in this strange addiction...

Here's mine.

Splatmaster (in original box you might have seen the pic in the recent PB2X)
Splatmaster Rapide
PGP
P-68 Piranha
KP-3
Phantom (fixed barrel)
ACI Maverick (Trracer)
FasTech F-1 Illustrator
FasTech F-2 Illustrator
Tippmann SMG-68
Tippmann 68 Special
Tippmann Pro-Lite
Tippmann 98 Custom RT
Tippmann Custom Pro Electro
Tippmann A5 Electro
WGP Autococker (circa approx 1994)
WGP VF-Tactical Autococker
WGP Black Magic Autococker (2005)
AGD CP/PF Automag
AGD ULE Automag
AGD EMag
AGD XMag
AGD Sydarm
Chipley Series 5 pump
Chipley Series 5 semi
Chipley 2003 J2 semi
Chipley 2004 J2 semi
Chipley SS-25 stock
ICD LCD Bushmaster 2k3
ICD 04 "feather" Freestyle
ICD Naughty Dog Freestyle (gen 1)
ICD Naughty Dog Freestyle (FS7)
ICD Promaster 2005
WDP Angel LED
Gen-E/Matrix Center Trauma NXL team Matrix
Proto Matrix
Bob Long 2001 Classic Ripper Intimidator
JT Excellerator 3.5 (don't want to talk about it)
XSF Eye-upgraded Kingman Spyder Imagine
Rudy Customs "JewCocker"

master_alexander
10-20-2005, 11:45 PM
i am trying to cut down... its strange, i hate to spend money, but i will drop 500 on a marker that i will only use 50% of the time and then upgrade it, and sell it.

i wish i had more money... i want a few guns i cant afford...

and i will never sell my z grip.

ClassicMagger
10-20-2005, 11:48 PM
Eih...gun whoring is more of a paintball lifestyle. I'd bet that the majority of those true "gun whores" don't really play all that much. But I'm not talking from experience....no not me, I promise.

The guns just seem to accumulate, like the new C3's, I just ordered two, today. They'll be fun, gotta always have something new.

-ClassicMagger

BTW- I attest to the knowledge of those who have lots of guns, being Palmer's guys and old school guys.

ZimMonkey
10-20-2005, 11:58 PM
I think I have about 12... (The number always seem to change every time I count) And have a mag on the way (My first mag. Im very excited to see what all the fuss is about) I have all of my guns around my house hung on the walls as decorations; When im not tinkering with them! :rolleyes: They actuall make very good conversation peices. "And one time whith that gun, I..."

Soopa Villain17
10-21-2005, 08:31 AM
this year alone ive owned over 25 guns , its pathetic :tard:

BigEvil
10-21-2005, 09:20 AM
Whoa.. I feel SOOO much better about myself now looking at some of these collections. I now realize that I am not that bad :D

BTW, where do you guys store all of your collections? I have about 8 guns and am constantly tripping over them.

phantomhitman
10-21-2005, 09:24 AM
the thread over at pbnation makes me want to cry. some of them are owned by kids with 5-6 $1300+ guns. reminds me how poor i am :(

rkjunior303
10-21-2005, 10:02 AM
I'm half-way there.

I have a DC Viking and a DM4. I want a nice cocker and a nice pump, along with a nice mag and I'll be happy.

SummaryJudgement
10-21-2005, 10:15 AM
the thread over at pbnation makes me want to cry. some of them are owned by kids with 5-6 $1300+ guns. reminds me how poor i am :(

Yeah, but it's how much you end up spending on the $1300 gun ;) The only reason I own some of the guns I do is because of either the incredible deal I got on it at the time, or from a collectible stand-point. Like being a limited edition or having a unique/rare ano job. I got my shark attack X for $700. My Aurora Eclipse Impulse was less than $600. And some of the mags and cockers were only a couple hundred bucks apiece. I try to only get guns that I genuinely think I can recoup my money on. I'm not as impressed by the guy that spends $1300 on a $1300 gun as I am by the guy that spends alot less on a $1300 gun :)

Richter
10-21-2005, 10:21 PM
We don't play as much as we use to. The last couple of years i went out of the tourney scene and only play recreationally about once a month. I might get lucky and play twice a month sometimes. We only went out of state once this year to the illinois pump event and the last year we went to shatnerball.

Play and tinker alot at home shooting in the back yard and dry firing inside. We have a paintball room. We put some peg board up and put some of the markers on the wall. Sometimes the paintball stuff trickles out of the room.

magsRus
10-22-2005, 01:30 AM
Here is the list of the guns that I have owned in order, unlike most people I will not make up any gun that comes to mind and put it on my list.

Brass Eagle Talon (1999) sold
Kingman Spyder TL (2000) sold
Smart Parts Impulse Red Verticle Reg (2002) sold
Airgun Designs Minimag (2002) Sold for exactly 280 dollars on here
Angel Ir3 (2003) Traded for the Dark Angel
Worr Game Products Orracle (2003) Sold to friend
WDP Dark Angel LCD 2k2 (2004) Traded for the Black Magic
Worr Game Products Black Magic (2004) Sold for Timmy money
Bob Long Texas Storm Intimadator (2004) Sold for car money
Smart Parts Shocker SFT (2005) Still Have
Airgun Designs ULE 'mag (2005) Still Have

hipster
10-22-2005, 06:11 AM
starting on the low end

tracer pump
montneil Z with liquid valve
ule mag
karnavore
e-mag (Karta body)
dark shocker (Heavy metal edition)
strange shocker( with shocktech tigger frame)

thats it for now until ,the dm6 is out ;)

wanna-b-ballin'
10-22-2005, 10:18 PM
wouldn't gun whore mean like going through guns frequently? not gathering and collecting. i think the collectors and gatherers should be gun orgys, not whores. :tard:

anyway, this is manna be gun whores. alot of you are gun whores. whatever.

my friends think of me as a gun whore. sorta.

started with a BE raptor Xtreme
then moved on to a dragun TES,
then got some POS zap pump to mess with,
then got an ACI maverick,
then a classic mag,
then got a tippy 98,
then upgraded it to a whole new mag,
and now a phantom will be mine shortly. hopefully.

i have basically relied on christmas and birthday money to fund gun purchases.

UTDragun
10-24-2005, 09:09 AM
Im more a of a small timer, although it is by accident, I wanted to get two guns, play with them for a while, keep the better of the two and sell the one I didnt like as much. Then I found out that I really didnt want to sell them.

Karni
e2 orry highly up'd
m98 with m16 and ebolt and other stuff
proto highly up'd
excal w/ pred. from ClassicMagger
Xmag waiting on TAG
Blade 02 pump!!!!!

guns I want once I aquire $$$
fs7
06 speed
pnue mag
logic mech mag
logic emag
mech cocker
disruptor mini pro cut 06 mq
super68
ego
empire2 timmy
highlander vike
dm6

of course this will most likely happen after i win the lottery. Then I will buy AGD and make it supreme ruler of pb once again! muhahaha