PDA

View Full Version : Actual DM6 pics

nt2004
10-22-2005, 09:36 AM
Taken from PBN

Here are some crappy camera pics I took from a Dye catalog at a local pro-shop. These are real.

I had a chance to look at the new Dye catalog though which featured the DM6. They look similar to the 06' Proto with a smaller solenoid, a new lpr, and new frame which you can see is thinner at the top of the marker. Judge for yourself.

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b334/arc1880/DM6_4.jpg

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b334/arc1880/DM6_3.jpg

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b334/arc1880/DM6_2.jpg

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b334/arc1880/DM6_1.jpg
Looks a bit like the PM6 but with a different trigger frame. Evidently it has "self cleaning eyes." I wonder how that works. I like how they actually changed the design a bit this year with the new solenoid instead of just milling it differently. An official press release is due monday

barrel break
10-22-2005, 11:28 AM
Self cleaning eyes eh? Swab on the bolt? Who knows. Will it work? Probably it'll work, kinda, maybe, sorta.

Not much of an improvement it looks like to me, but yearly models make me sick anyway.

ZEROte
10-22-2005, 11:31 AM
it has little windshield wipers on the eyes like how higher end cars have them on the lights.

yakitori
10-22-2005, 12:37 PM
improvements are not just on the outside and the trigger frame. And you basically stole that pic from PBN from arc guy and didnt even include the list of features it has.

Theres more to the gun that just that, but it will still get the usual AO response......cause you guys are too :cool:

the gun has a smaller bolt and lower operating pressure of like 145psi
new noid
new LPR
smaller build
new grip frame
new redesigned trigger
still one of the best barrels on the market
and a list of other features that the previous models dont have.

supposedly its lighter than a shocker.....or a mag.

Kicks less, quieter, and shoots better than nearly all guns the market IMO. I love the way trixes shoot.

Nice job dye. :headbang:

One way to have self cleansing eyes is to channel a small amount of air to the eye holes and have them blown out. But an upgrade that wastes air is trademark of AGD, not dye. :D

Who needs self cleaning eyes, cause trixes almost NEVER chop unles the battery is dead, your eyes are off, or not functioning properly. When they work, they work well.

RRfireblade
10-22-2005, 01:00 PM
No suprised there...what everyone thought it would be.

'Slight' redesign, 'Slight' re-mill.

I'll grab one when one of my DM5's wear themselves out. :)

68magOwner
10-22-2005, 01:14 PM
OK, love it, lighter than a shocker, but, shoots like the current dye markers, its gonna be a wonderul blaster, BUT, i am really upset that they left the straight 45* frame. That one looks like it only has a slight curve, and, i have always found dye frames a tad thick, so, may be alright, But, so far, the new frame looks like the only thing that i might not like about it. Ill probably take picking one up into serious concideration depending on the next couple of paychecks.

SpitFire1299
10-22-2005, 01:15 PM
One way to have self cleansing eyes is to channel a small amount of air to the eye holes and have them blown out. But an upgrade that wastes air is trademark of AGD, not dye. :D

:( lol.

yakitori
10-22-2005, 02:03 PM
well its not just slight changes. Although the milling is slightly changed, its still shorter than the DM5, which is already pretty small IMO.

Its got a new smaller noid that cycles faster than the current DM noids
new LPR
New bolt that operates at lower pressures
better efficiency

Thats really the only things that DMs needed IMO is better efficiency.

I would pic one up myself, if I didnt have the DM4 right now w/ all the ups I have on it. I am the type to wait and see what other say about it before I buy. Esp at retail price.

lather
10-22-2005, 02:12 PM
Hopefully Dye improved the wiring/harness connections too.

ojhspyro89
10-22-2005, 02:45 PM
Wouldnt eye cleaners suggest that dyes eyes arent good enough to never chop therefore staying clean?

:tard:

lather
10-22-2005, 03:51 PM
Wouldnt eye cleaners suggest that dyes eyes arent good enough to never chop therefore staying clean?

Dont forget not only paint but grease from the bolt and paintball oily residues build up around the eyes over time.

nt2004
10-22-2005, 03:52 PM
And you basically stole that pic from PBN from arc guy and didnt even include the list of features it has.

Stole? Did you not realize that I QUOTED his exact post AND wrote "taken from PBN" as the first line? I'm wondering if you even read my post, or if you just decided to jump straight to the reply.

MonsterMag
10-22-2005, 03:56 PM
Nice dm4 ;)

nt2004
10-22-2005, 04:11 PM
Do you all expect companies to make 100% new designs every year? At least they made improvements instead of just remilling it.

BigEvil
10-22-2005, 04:19 PM
Everyone can nit-pick about how "New" these things really are...

But all of that doenst matter the least bit.

These are the 06 models, and they will sell.

and that is the bottom line :D

Automaggot68
10-22-2005, 04:21 PM
Nice dm4 ;)

You're so witty.

yakitori
10-22-2005, 05:50 PM
I read your post and I know you quoted it from PBN, but you didnt include any list of new features. You just posted the pics and thats it. I dont care if you say thats where you got them from or not, I was using stole jokingly, not like you actually jacked them. ;)

How could I not bother to read your post anyway.....its only like 2-3 sentences long. :dance:

yakitori
10-22-2005, 05:53 PM

anyone who has shot them know thats a bogus statement. eyes get dirty sometimes cause of the hopper breaking paint and feeding it into the breach too. You shouldnt have grease on your eyes unless you are overlubing.

But, ya, sometime paint gets broken or is greasy. If you are in a tourney on the national level and you get a pod w/ a broken ball in it and its your last pod or you are in a pinch, are you going to dump it in anyway and shoot it and clean your gun later, or are you going to leave it in your pack and call yourself out and clean the balls off before using them?

Stop suggesting that Dms are crap, ppl who know better know thats not true.

magman007
10-22-2005, 09:22 PM
Nice dm4 ;)

coming from a shocker owner, i must say you have a crappier version of an ion.

You are completely ignorant in this sport, and are the epitome of what is wrong with AO. Sod off.

BD_Paintball
10-22-2005, 09:23 PM
better pic from pbn http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=1242177

yakitori
10-22-2005, 10:23 PM
I like it so much Im considering buying it. Selling my DM4, and other stuff just to get it. I would like to see what ppl say about efficiency and everthing first before I buy though.

WenULiVeUdiE
10-22-2005, 10:35 PM
This is the first of any of the Spool Valve line up that I actually like the looks of. I dont know if it is the new grips that give it a slight accent or the slightly tweaked styling, but I like it. Gice it 2 weeks and the resale value of DM4's and 4's will drop an easy $150.

Just an observation- Dye tends to do very well with new product releases. They never have to "rework" or change things after say the first 1000 units. I salute them for that.

yakitori
10-22-2005, 10:40 PM
but ouch, I read a 1600 dollar pricetag. Looks like I may have to sit this one out a while for that kinda money. It is making me drool though.

nt2004
10-22-2005, 10:59 PM
I read your post and I know you quoted it from PBN, but you didnt include any list of new features. You just posted the pics and thats it. I dont care if you say thats where you got them from or not, I was using stole jokingly, not like you actually jacked them. ;)

How could I not bother to read your post anyway.....its only like 2-3 sentences long. :dance:
I quoted exactly what he said, and he basically listed the features that you did quickly in his post.

yakitori
10-22-2005, 11:01 PM
meh whatever dude. You cant take a joke. You said TAKEN from PBN, and I said you stole it. big deal. shut up.

yeahthatsme
10-23-2005, 12:09 AM
No suprised there...what everyone thought it would be.

'Slight' redesign, 'Slight' re-mill.

I'll grab one when one of my DM5's wear themselves out. :)

i'll grab a dm5 when these come out and the prices drop ;)

WARPED1
10-23-2005, 12:11 AM
Looks like a Nerve, nice.

Jackel411
10-23-2005, 12:25 AM
I look at that and my brain goes... Dye freestyle.. different operation all together but almost the same size..

Self cleaning eyes could be done as simple as venting some of air used to fire the paintball when past the eyes..

Load SM5
10-23-2005, 09:45 AM
Some better pics from Paintball.com Not bad looking.

http://paintball.com/pics/products/dye/06/dm6.jpg

http://paintball.com/pics/products/dye/06/dm6size.jpg

http://paintball.com/pics/products/dye/06/dm6colors.jpg

cdacda13
10-23-2005, 02:48 PM
Heres a Dye Ad for the DM6
http://www.dyematrix.com/forum/uploads/post-13-1130029339.gif