PDA

View Full Version : Shoulder mount shooting position?

The Mag Man
12-07-2001, 11:01 PM
What are the advantages/disadvantages if any, of shooting in this form? It seems very hard to aim this way but it feels very comfortable. Also, it seems very easy to run in this stance. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I would like to try this form of firing my next time out, but I just wanted some background information on it first. I see a lot of the pros doing it. So I thought I should try it out.

MagMan5446
12-07-2001, 11:44 PM
ya see the pros doing it? Don't believe the hype!

Notice how damn high the hopper is?

EvilErnie
12-07-2001, 11:59 PM
I think it depends on teh situation you are in, but I dont like it. I am sure it has its advantages, but I think to be effective with you will need support from your teammates.. Just my .02 worth.... Try it you might like it!:rolleyes:

RaV3n_Pa1ntba||
12-08-2001, 12:08 AM
i would just hold it the way you like too :)...i have so so so many positions on holding my gun....just depends on the situation.

EvilErnie
12-08-2001, 12:10 AM
and you know the worst thing about it is...No matter how you hold your marker, someone else will always say its wrong and that there way is the best. Just hold it however it feels comfortable to you. Lets face it, you have to shoot it, not them!:p

FooTemps
12-08-2001, 12:19 AM
Has any of you griped your mag like a gangster holding a tommy gun? My friend does it and it's pretty cool. It's amazing he can actually aim...