PDA

View Full Version : -------------Impulse Electric Marker--------------

MoserMan
12-07-2001, 11:27 PM
Im planning to get a impulse and im just wondering should i just get a 9volt Hopper considering im not fast at snap shooting. I dont want to spend xtra money on a 12volt if theres no point. Trying to save some money :)

[NA]WARLORD
12-08-2001, 12:19 AM
go with 12volt & x-board. a 9volt will not feed the impulse fast enough, for example i out shot a 9volt on my Tippmann model 98, that should tell ya right there it isnt addequate for an electric marker. I would even recommend the new Halo, but i think there toooo big, and overpriced at that, but would be a an awsome loader for the Impulse.

Cha0tic
12-08-2001, 10:03 AM
ok, he just said hes not snapshooting very fast. the 9v revvy can shoot about 8bps. it should be fine with you. a 12v is a nice investment, its only a little extra money. if you are not shooting very fast, you don't need a 12v. period.

MoserMan
12-08-2001, 11:06 AM
Tell me is this good to start off my impulse
Stock barrel
Anti-siphon 20oz tank
9volt Revy
Pmi drop forward

ZeroXtreme
12-08-2001, 11:19 AM
I would advise some changes in the following:

1. 20oz. CO2 Tank -> CA / Nitro Tank
2. 9V Revvy -> 12V Revvy
3. PMI Drop forward -> Psycho Ballistics Drop Forward

Reasons:

1. The impulse can fire really fast, you might outshoot your tank, and have dropoff problems. You will end up buying a Nitro tank eventually, so might as well save the money you will spend on the CO2 tank and get even a 48ci Steel tank, if you are on a tight budget.
2. You might also outshoot it, and end up upgrading too, so same as above, go and get a 12V, besides the price difference is not that big.
3. It's cheap, around $25 at CountyPaintball.com, and it majes the gun rally compact, good for snap shooting.

:)

XspyX
12-08-2001, 02:10 PM
Dude, not everyone has the cash to buy shtuff like that. Let him keep his co2 and 9v. He sounds like the average player who does NOT need to shoot 13bps to eliminate a person.

The stock barrel is good and the impulse runs awesome on co2, expecially anti-syphon

MoserMan
12-08-2001, 02:16 PM
I totally agree with spy. im not going to be shooting at 13bps. Most people cant they just waste money on 12volt. Im only 13 and i cant afford alot of expensive stuff

[NA]WARLORD
12-08-2001, 04:04 PM
Why get an electro marker then, why not buy a used mag or cocker. They are a lot cheaper and less to maintain over the long run. Consider the amount of paint you'll use in an electro marker in one months time, i went from .25 -.50 a day with my minimag, and .50-1case with my impulse. also you will have to maintain it on an on going basis. All markers are great if you keep them maintained properly. personally i think if your going to get an electro, you may as well spend the money on a 12v, because as you play better, you will shoot faster thus start having feed problems because your out shootin your loader. its like kid with his first car, hes not gonna get a vette as his first ride maybe a hoopty that he will fix up over time based on his experience. if your gonna jump to an electro right off the bat, then do it right the first time. if you spend 50 on a 9v now and upgrade to 12v a month from now thats 65, you just spent 115, for a loader that you should have had in the first place. Also with the x-board it can be adj. to your shootin style. I dont know where you live but if it gets cold there i would consider a low cost hpa system, co2 is greatly affected by outside temps, so if you play in cold temps, lay off the rapid fire or you'll freeze up the gun.

MoserMan
12-08-2001, 04:26 PM
hmmm i understand how u say i should get a 12 volt because i well be improving my bps

[NA]WARLORD
12-08-2001, 04:42 PM
yes MoserMan, it may seem like a lot now but as you improve your game, you wont have to loose unnnessesary $$ on equipment that u should have had the first go around. also you could get away with a 12v basic now and upgrade to an x-board later, just by buying the board, instead of the whole loader. spend cash now then upgrade to hpa, new barrel etc,etc, down the road. Also check with place of purchase, if its local, see if they offer a layaway plan, x-amount of dollars put toward purchase until its paid off. this way ya get what ya want the first time and ya dont have to sink it all at once. Good Luck !!!!!!!!!!

MoserMan
12-08-2001, 06:09 PM
thanks for the help but a used automag cost more because it comes stock with no bottomline and barrel. Neways doesnt matter. Thanks

[NA]WARLORD
12-08-2001, 08:45 PM
where on earth did ya see that? i think your confusing the automag classic package with a used gun, but just to inform ya i got my current minimag on E-BAY for 450.00, it came with black teflon body, retro valve, All American 12" barrel, benchmark 2x trigger frame & forgrip, Dye drop forward & stickie grips, macroline and ss hose w/ quick disconnect and lastly a PMI Pure Energy 68c.i./3000p.s.i. fiber wrapped tank w/ a cover. Only thing i bought was a 12v revvy, barrel plug and a 10" freak system. it rocks!!! Good deals are out there ya just gotta keep looking. Good Luck !!!!!!

ZeroXtreme
12-09-2001, 12:31 AM
Thanks for explaining further...
I know it is hard to get stuff for people on a tight budget, but I did start out the same way, and I always ended up spending more since I would later on upgrade. :)

You can check out CountyPaintball.com or CEPaintball.com, they have good prices, the 12V costs $44 or $57 with the X-Board, the 47cu Nitro tank goes for around $70+ to $80+.

MoserMan
12-09-2001, 11:40 AM
ill just keep my Co2 and later get nitro and sell and rip off a rich kid with my Co2.:)

12-09-2001, 08:41 PM
Originally posted by MoserMan
and rip off a rich kid with my Co2.:)

ahhh ripping off the neighborhood rich kid...fond memories :)

Also if you get an impulse IMO e-paintballoutlet.com is the best place nice costumer service. I would also add 1 more upgrade to the package and that is an adjustable blade trigger. These help trigger pull a lot. Best upgrade for the impulse. If you ge form e-paitballoutlet.comI think it comes installed.

*please excuse any funky grammar error using my laptop with busted keyboard and it foes strange thins*

MoserMan
12-09-2001, 08:44 PM
yes it is fun to do.:D

angel seed
12-10-2001, 06:37 AM
yo moserman try this if you want a fast 9v loader you can just change the 9v paddle for a 12v paddle and the 9v will feed faster than the 12v try it .

MoserMan
12-10-2001, 03:59 PM
What is a paddle? And u sure itll work?

MoserMan
12-10-2001, 03:59 PM
also how much would i save?

MAGalomania
12-14-2001, 12:02 AM
Angel Seed...go back to your other thread...don't invade this one and change the subject.

I own a 2001 Shocker, so I have learned the SP operation pretty well. You don't need nitro for an Impulse at all. CO2 works great on them. I don't think the mag people are keeping in mind the fact that all SP guns come with the 3000 max flow. Shockers and Impulses are designed to operate very well with both types. With an Impulse you probably don't need to get a 12v. A 9v should do you just fine. I do recomment you get different prop for it. Like Angel Seed said. I suggest the evolution prop(must be melted and molded to fit) over the 12v prop though. The impulse comes with the progressive stock, which is a decent barrel, but I recommend you look at getting a dye aluminum or a SP teardrop. They are both decently priced and they work very well with SP guns. Make sure you get an on off valve put on your tank if you don't have one or your gun will shoot every time you unscrew your tank.

HAVE FUN WITH YOUR IMPULSE!

joeyjoe367
12-14-2001, 01:11 AM
Originally posted by ZeroXtreme
I would advise some changes in the following:

1. 20oz. CO2 Tank -> CA / Nitro Tank

Reasons:

1. The impulse can fire really fast, you might outshoot your tank, and have dropoff problems. You will end up buying a Nitro tank eventually, so might as well save the money you will spend on the CO2 tank and get even a 48ci Steel tank, if you are on a tight budget.

First off, Impulses/Shockers are built for Co2. The max-flow regulator takes Co2, Chews it up, and Spits it out.

With an Impulse, you CAN'T OUTSHOOT THE TANK. No matter what. The Impluse runs anywhere from 125-200 psi (don't quote me exactly) but low enough that no matter how quickly you're shooting that Impy, Co2 will 'still provide the needed amount of Pressure.

Basically, all the disadvantages caused by Co2 are defeated through the usage of extra-low pressure, and a great Regulator.

I have a friend who is in contact with a guy that sells Impies. If you have any questions, PM me, and I'll give you his e-mail adress or AIM. He got his impulse off of:

www.e-paintballoutlet.com

He's actually got calls from Smartparts that www.paintballgear.com was complaining that he was selling his impulses too cheaply. He raised his prices, but there's a big discount for being a part of www.pbreview.com, www.pbnation.com, and some other forums.

IMO, The Impuse is a GREAT buy. I plan on putting a Max-Flo on my Em-1.

ZeroXtreme
12-14-2001, 07:15 PM
Thanks, for clearing that up. I was basing those statements on seeing and using a my friends Shocker, I was assuming it was the same with the Impulse. What happened was when running the gun on CO2 we experienced severe drop-offs using it in turbo mode, so I let him try my nitro tank, and it became more consistent. My friend immediately bought a nitro tank after that. :)

[NA]WARLORD
12-15-2001, 12:55 AM
i dont know where ya live moserman, but i'd say get the h.p.a., the co2 will probably be ok in the warmer months but in the winter when its real cold your going to have velocity fluctuation problems (eratic) thats why i say go with h.p.a. C02 is very unstable. also its tough to get fills on an empty c02 tank in the winter as you have to first chill the bottle to properly fill it, then once filled it has to warm back up or you wont be able to get the velocity set back up. THATS why i recommended to H.P.A., its true the impulse will run on co2 but why tempt fate...? as far as feed systems go, take it from an owner of an impulse, not a shocker owner (though similar in design but yet still different) go with the 12v revvy, 9v conversion may look like it sped up but put a load/resistance on propeler (paintballs) fill to top, and i bet it slows the feed rate down, it cant possibly be faster due to less voltage& bigger propeller. Dont always believe what ya read, if it seems to good to be true, it usually is. good luck !!!!!!!!!