PDA

View Full Version : Why was the X-mag stopped?

psychowarden
10-23-2005, 11:15 AM
I know that the X-mag was forced into an early retirement because of Smart Parts, but why? As far as I can tell, there isnt anything that goes against patents that they have.

mobsterboy
10-23-2005, 11:37 AM
omg. Learn to use the forum search bud. Its the common 2 to 3 thread topics that pop up ALL THE TIME. "Is AGD dead?" "What happened to the XMAG?" and "What is AGD doing now" are the top three repeated threads ever
SEEK AND YOU WILL FIND

psychowarden
10-23-2005, 02:24 PM
Sorry bout that, I didnt think that it was a common question, my bad :hail:

SpitFire1299
10-23-2005, 02:44 PM
It was stopped because it was to cool for everyone. :rolleyes:

AGD Mech Pride
10-23-2005, 02:46 PM
omg. Learn to use the forum search bud. Its the common 2 to 3 thread topics that pop up ALL THE TIME. "Is AGD dead?" "What happened to the XMAG?" and "What is AGD doing now" are the top three repeated threads ever
SEEK AND YOU WILL FIND

Um actually all the recent posts that keeping comeing up again and again DO NOT answer his question. He said he knew it was a patent issue but was looking for more specific information which inorder to find that you would have to go back through at least a years worth of posts if not more.

So why dont you put the flame thrower down and actually read what people are asking.

Personaly I know it was a patent issue like you said and agd decided not to fight it most likely due to finacial resons. I think at least part of it had to due with magneticaly assited trigers but I dont have more specific information. Sorry.

mobsterboy
10-23-2005, 03:03 PM
wtf....there was a thread like a month ago that TK and AGDGirl w/e came in and told us the whole freaking reason.

psychowarden
10-23-2005, 03:25 PM
Thanks Mech Pride. Better than some have given me. I dont really care, I have my X-mag, and Im not trading it for anything.

chefstevie
10-23-2005, 06:15 PM
wtf....there was a thread like a month ago that TK and AGDGirl w/e came in and told us the whole freaking reason.

n00b