PDA

View Full Version : all you RT owners out there.

mitch
12-08-2001, 10:58 AM
im going to buy an rt from grey goose.
but first i want to see how everybody who has one or shot one liked them.
can you just tell me how they are what you like about them and what you don't like about them.
thanks alot

Xzion
12-08-2001, 11:13 AM
Well, Ive never actually shot a full fledged RT, but ive held both an RT and RT PRO, very nice markers, the front foregrip is a bit uncomfortable with the grooved rubber grip, plus to me, the gun felt a bit bulky and akward, I suppose they just didnt 'fit' me, though, I LOVE the RT Valve, Which I have on my MinimaG (ReTro Valve actually, but same difference) The Reactive trigger is just phenomenal, return kick of the trigger makes it just fun to shoot, its really a shame to put electro frames on RT markers, you miss out on that wonderful reactive trigger. The reactive trigger is one thing holding me back from wanting an electro. Hope this helped some, most of this is my opinions on the RT markers and RT Valves

magc68
12-08-2001, 12:34 PM
most likely u will love the rt trigger comapred to the classic trigger, lighter shorter and kick back, u can fly on the trigger and its has a less chance of short stroking too. very much worth the money. i owned a rt pro, 2 actually.

mitch
12-08-2001, 12:37 PM
i can't decide whether to get the rt or the rt pro.
pro for an extra 50.

Load SM5
12-08-2001, 12:59 PM
Get the Pro...it should come with the intelliframe.

ArthurDent
12-08-2001, 01:21 PM
Ya got to get the RT pro the intelliframe makes it worth the 50 duckets, think you can fly on the rt triger wait till you see how fast you can go with the intelliframe

mitch
12-08-2001, 01:30 PM
you can still use the intelliframe on the ert though right.

azzkikr
12-08-2001, 01:30 PM
you'll love it, its probably the only mechanical trigger that compares to an electro. I'll just put it this way, to the field I take my angel and my RT. later AZZKIKR

ChrisRT
12-08-2001, 02:05 PM
I own an Rt Pro and I love it. I have it set with intelliframe and intellifeed. It really rocks, the only problem I have is I think Rts' in general use alot of air, as in they are gas hogs. They are gas hogs in a sense that because the trigger allows you to shoot so fast, your most likely going to try to shoot that fast. When I first got my Rt Pro I thought christ I went through a whole tank of air in one day (88/4500), but then I looked and I had no paint left in my case also, so it made sense. Mags are not low pressure to begin with, then you add in this trigger and alot of air gets used along with paint.

mitch
12-08-2001, 02:07 PM
yeah i shot my friends micro mag rt.
will there be any difference between the rt and the micromag rt?

Smokee_2_7
12-08-2001, 03:55 PM
Yes. there are differences between the micromag RT and an 'old school' RT, and a RTpro.

The micro is produced by proteam products. The entire body is different. The gun takes cocker barrels, as opposed to the twist lock style. The micro is made from aluminum. The others (for the most part) are not. The micro will be lighter, however It comes with a benchmark trigger frame on it. In my opinion you could do MUCH better for a trigger frame. (intelliframe.) Functionally, the guns are the same. However, From what ive been hearing on the forums, some people have been having some slight problems with pro teams guns, as well as their customer service.

My advice is to stay away from the micromag RT, and go with a 100% agd marker. Now, as far as differences you need to worry about the RT and RT pro. First off, the RT is no longer made. It has been replaced with the RT pro. The RT pro is lighter, and in some peoples opinion, eaiser to work on. The reason for this is how the gas gets to the valve. On the RT, you have the air entering the body rail, and passing through the field strip screw into the regulator. This works fine, but sometimes the field strip screw can be a pain to get out due to the o-rings on it. Finally, If i was in your position, i would go with the RT pro for the following reasons:
1: RT pro is lighter.
2: The RT pro is being actively produced, and the RT is not.
3:Eaiser to work with. (gas enters valve w/o going throught the rail.
4: The new RT pros come with the intelliframe on them.

if you can get a new RTpro for $50 more than an old RT, DEFINITLY go with the RT pro. (the intelliframe you are getting with the gun is worth more than just the $50 difference you paid.)

Hope this helps.

Mild 7
12-08-2001, 04:16 PM
I love my RT. I had it for for maybe about 3 years, never gave me any major problem problem whatsoever. Performance wise, it can achieve a terrifying rate of fire. I never short-stroked the trigger and I really don't know how. I only started chopping balls after I did a major cleaing on my gun and probabily messed up something which made it too reactive that made the gun go full-auto with a slight pressure on the trigger. The paint I was shooting was also very questionable. The gun is a little bulkier than the RT Pro. I think its bulkier because of the looks and the design and I love the looks. I don't think it's that much heavier than the pro (.5 lbs@the most.) Gas efficiency mostly depends on your setup. When I go play, the first thing I do is get a case of paint and fill up my tank. By lunch, I'm usually left with 1000 psi worth of air and more than half case of paint on the average. I think it really depends on how I play that day.

Between the 2 guns, like everyone stated, it's more or less the same in performance wise. However, the Pro definately have a few more perks than the original RT since its upgradable, lighter, and come with the Intelliframe. Regardless of your choices, you'll be happy to be a RT owner.

Enjoy!

PRO_Ski101
12-08-2001, 04:44 PM
I would go with the RT Pro mainly because,it'll come with intelliframes,they can use the same upgrades as the classic.and their lighter then the RT.

WickeDKlowN
12-08-2001, 08:27 PM
Do all new RT Pros' come with theI-Frame, of only ones from certain stores? would the ones at pbgear.com come with them?

Load SM5
12-08-2001, 08:32 PM
They should but I would contact them and ask them before ordering.

edit: I just looked at the site and the centerfeed RT Pro is pictured with the intelliframe while the powerfeed is not. And they are the same price. Definately call to make sure they are'nt going to sell you a pre-intelliframe gun.