PDA

View Full Version : Brittle paint

canilive
10-26-2005, 09:10 AM
Just wanted to know how you guys deal with brittle paint. I'm kinda upset, as the paint I use is usually pretty good. But the last shipment I received is definately brittle. I put them in a DM5 and the paint was all on the eyes, paint was breaking out of the barrel. I broke a ball in my mag,ugh. Usually, the paint bounces a few times after it hits the floor. This time around it just breaks. I guess its because of the weather, as I live in New York. I have 2 and a half cases of this stuff, I'm not going to just throw it out. I'm using the stiffest spring on my RT ULE custom mag, so I guess I should just try using the red spring and see how that goes. Just wanted to know what you guys thought. Maybe, somebody has a tip or something for bad paint.

Lohman446
10-26-2005, 09:14 AM
Just wanted to know how you guys deal with brittle paint. I'm kinda upset, as the paint I use is usually pretty good. But the last shipment I received is definately brittle. I put them in a DM5 and the paint was all on the eyes, paint was breaking out of the barrel. I broke a ball in my mag,ugh. Usually, the paint bounces a few times after it hits the floor. This time around it just breaks. I guess its because of the weather, as I live in New York. I have 2 and a half cases of this stuff, I'm not going to just throw it out. I'm using the stiffest spring on my RT ULE custom mag, so I guess I should just try using the red spring and see how that goes. Just wanted to know what you guys thought. Maybe, somebody has a tip or something for bad paint.

But it in a large sealed container with an open cup of water and leave it set - the paint will absorb the moisture and may become less brittle.

athomas
10-27-2005, 10:32 AM
It'll also help if you use a large bore barrel when shooting. I use a .696 bore when shootng paint like that. It reduces barrel breaks to nothing.

Dayspring
10-27-2005, 11:04 AM
If you're playing outside, put it in a cooler. It will help keep the temp at a reasonable level. Just make sure to temp adjust the cooler in the warm house first.

50 cal
10-27-2005, 05:13 PM
When we played a tournement once that field paint only, they sold some Zap that was extremely brittle. I put my foamie bolt in my RT and turned the velocity down to 270. It helped a lot.

BD_Paintball
10-27-2005, 05:22 PM
When you take a shower put an open bag in the bathroom with you. The air will have a lot of water in it. When you are done with the shower seal the bag back up. The paint will take in some water and should get a little harder. It will also take some dimples out.

SummaryJudgement
10-27-2005, 06:26 PM
Place each ball in your mouth individually for no more than 3 seconds. Then gently wipe each one off immediately. Then, wrap each one in parchment paper and bury them in the light of the full moon no less than 1 foot apart. Now, get some eye of newt........... ;)