PDA

View Full Version : !!Tinymag!!~Start To Finish~!HOW TO!

Phantom_Mag
10-26-2005, 12:22 PM
http://students.uww.edu/heldml05/Tinymag%20complete%20side%20view.JPGhttp://students.uww.edu/heldml05/tinymag%20complete%20back%20view.JPG

Okay folks, here is the marker i have Dubbed the "Phantomag" aka Tinymag. Ill get some better pictures outside this weekend. Ive been working on it for the last few months to half a year. Im about to tell you exactly how to make a Phantomag, where i bought the products, and what proccess I took to make the design of the Phantomag. Here we go for those who are interested. Feel free to tell me what you think of my mag or ask as many questions as you want. I tried as best i could to explain through text but i will gladly entertain calls or emails or pms or posts aswell. Feel free to ask away. And besure to tell me what you think of mine :)

LIST OF PARTS AND WHERE TO BUY
NON ULE 05 Polished Karta Rail - Colin at Deadly Winds http://www.deadlywind.com/contact.html
ULE Body- AO I got mine from Tunaman
Classic Valve W/LV7- AO
Delta 68 Magazine-BUY IT HERE (http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?cgiurl=http%3A%2F%2Fcgi.ebay.com%2Fws%2 F&fkr=1&from=R8&satitle=delta+68+magazine&category0=)
CP Barrel (Bore size is yoru preference)- AO Ebay I got mine From Mad-Medic
RT Sear and Pin- BUY SEAR HERE (http://store.airgun.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=catalog.prodInfo&productID=416&categoryID=95) BUY PIN HERE (http://store.airgun.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=catalog.prodInfo&productID=417&categoryID=95)
Intelli Frame- AO I got mine from Mad-Medic
15* ASA W/Flat Top- www.themagsmith.com
12 Gram Quick Changer- Ebay AO Walmart
Macro Line And 90* Elbows- AO or Local Shop

TOOL I USED AND FOUND HELPFULL
Jewlers Jaw
Hack Saw
Files From Rough To Smooth
Wielding Equipment (replacement JBweld/Alumiweld)
Sandpaper Grain 250 to 800 and everything in between
Steel Wool Rough To Ultrafine
Polishing compound Polishing Wheel
Ruler

PROCCESS There are alternative ways to do these this is just how I did it.

1.Cutting Karta Rail To remove excess rail after 12 gram is aplied in a reverse fasion.
a.Put marker together aside from the asa and 12g. Put those together seperatly.
b.Aline the asa w/12g on the rail just eyeballing it and palcing it so that the 12g rests 3mm away from the intelli trigger frame.
c.Mark, with sharpie on the rail, where the front of the asa lines up with the rail. This is the excess portion of the rail that needs to be cut off, it shoudl be a about a half inch.
d. Use a hack saw to cut along the mark you made. Make sure not to cut to far you can always slowly file away excess.
e.File the corners to make it rounded edges to match the curve of the asa.
f. Sand from rough to fine and polish with steel wool and then a polishing wheel with compound.

2.Counter sinking hole into rail for the asa to attach to rail,
a.Measure the radius of the asa in mm.
b.Place a dot in sharpie, on the inside of the rail from the front down, the distance of the radius of the ASA and add 1mm. This should give you alittle space from the front of the rail and allow room for the 12g not to hit the trigger frame.
c.Drill a hole through the rail that is just big enough for the threads to fit through.
d.Now you are going to counter sink a hole about 3/4 way through the rail from top of the rail almost to the bottom, this should be just larger then the diameter or the head of the screw for the asa, so it will catch and pull tight to the rail.

3.Cutting Body To Length of rail
a.Attach the rail to the ule body and draw a line on body on a slight angle that corisponds with the front of the rail.
b.Cut along line with a jewlers saw, hack saw can be used aswell.
c.File smooth and sand and polish.

4.Milling Body for magazine attachment
a.Remove feedneck by heating and using a vice. The feedneck can be scratched since you will be not using it.
THIS IS THE TEDIOUS PORTION OF THE PROJECT, MAY TAKE A LONG TIME
b.File and Grind the feedneck supports off the body, so the body is a perfect cylinder.
c.Sand and Polish usuing previous process

5.Attaching Magazine
VERY IMPORTANT Make sure you keep the magazine and feedneck port alined perfecly so the balls will flow through.
a.Remove all screws and additional items on the feedtube before attaching to body.
b. Have a local shop TIG weld it if you dont have the equipment to Tig Weld Yourself.
c.I did not try this but was todl that this may work. Alumiweld whiich is available at your local hardware store will bond the two pieces together if there surfaces are rough, this is the same with jb weld. Though it will not take anodizing.

6.Cutting The Barrel To Match Length Of Feedtube
a.Put marker together.
b.Screw in barrel hand tight, and mark on the barrel where it is the exact length of the feedtube after applied to body.
c.Cut with a hack saw.
d.File it even if not perfectly strait.
e.Sand And Polish

7. Send out for Ano,Duracoat, or Powdercoat
Unfortunatly due to the extreme heat on the body the ano may not look good. This is why you might want to consider sending the body our for Powdercoating or Duacoating.

Well Once again feel free to ask as many questions as you want, sorry if my instructions arnt as clear as you need but post if you think i can make it better or post if you have any questions. I will accept phone calls if you need that too im a pretty nice guy most of the time :D Ohh and tell me what you think of mine!

neppo1345
10-26-2005, 12:31 PM
:wow: Wow...thats just sick....Defineately on the top of the list for my next project!

Is there any way to remove the magazine like on the actualy delta...? Or do you just pull the pf plug and drop in paint? Would there be any way to make it so you can switch out the magazine intstead of stopping to reload?

Very nice job :clap:

Big'n slo
10-26-2005, 12:38 PM
Nice write up. Whats the approx build cost?

That things just begging for a pump kit

Phantom_Mag
10-26-2005, 12:41 PM
LOL PARTS ARE EXPENSIVE, I didnt choose any cheap part. I calculated for the average buyer around $400 in parts. If they bought every piece seperate.

I thought long and hard on how i would be able to make the magazine able to just snap off and put a new one one. It just wants in my capabilities. And yes sure it could be done, i just didnt, it actually doesnt take long to reload this at all. A few seconds once you get teh hang of it, just about as long as it would take to take off a magazine grab a new one and snap that one back on.

Kamoflood
10-26-2005, 01:00 PM
That things just begging for a pump kit

co-sign :headbang:

ej_y4
10-26-2005, 01:12 PM
how many shots do you get off the 12 gram? btw it looks awsome, you just need a pump kit :cool:

Phantom_Mag
10-26-2005, 01:16 PM
It gets abotu 22 with LX and Almost 30 with LV7

blamtro
10-26-2005, 01:25 PM
You say to use a classic valve, but your picture shows a xvalve. How does the xvalve opporate on CO2?

Mike

phantomhitman
10-26-2005, 01:42 PM
I already have trademark, copyright, intellectual property, patent pending on the name phantommag. My attorneys will come to your house and smack your dog if you continue to use this name. Thanks

;)

Phantom_Mag
10-26-2005, 01:52 PM
Check our Join dates, whos got it patended now, OWNED. Haha, I got you by about a year and a half. "Phantomag" IT IS. :D :D '
Thanks All.
Ohh and yes i use a classic valve on her i just put that one in for looks, but did you know it works with the x too :) hummm insteresting.

BerSerK
10-26-2005, 01:56 PM
nice work! you could use a CO2 3.5oz to get more shots but it would make your setup look a little less sexy.

Bravo!

phantomhitman
10-26-2005, 02:05 PM
What does join date have to do with it, my phantommag was made over a year before yours.

http://devilsden.tv/PHDM.gif

:D

Nice gun though, I always wanted one of those old fangled mechanical stock class markers. Where do you put the batteries in though :ninja: :shooting:

quik
10-26-2005, 02:30 PM
hahahaha, your such a newbie phantom.

Automaggot68
10-26-2005, 02:48 PM
hahahaha, your such a newbie phantom.
He also ruined a perfectly good Dallara.
el oh el noob.

etnie002
10-26-2005, 03:52 PM
Sick mag, glad I could help with the sight rail!

Ups for one of the nicest stock class guns, if not the nicest, I've seen.

LIGHTEMUP
10-26-2005, 04:13 PM
haha mike you rock only you would come up with something like that now you need to make another one and rock out with dual phantomags keep up the good work

ScatterPlot
10-26-2005, 04:19 PM
You know, speaking of powdercoating, if anybody wants theirs done I might be doing a little in a short while. Would be pretty cheap, barrels would be a little more cause of all the porting, in which case I might not be able to do. But nonported or very little ported barrels, yes, I can do :D

Automaggot68
10-26-2005, 04:21 PM
Sick mag, glad I could help with the sight rail!

Ups for one of the nicest stock class guns, if not the nicest, I've seen.

It's not a stockclass marker at all.
it's semi, and the feedtube is forcefed.

Maggot6
10-26-2005, 04:22 PM
stock class is
the feedtube directly horizontal to the body, Check
12 gram no ca - Check
Pump - No...

So what do you call it? Not pump, not stock class,...But a "10 round tubed 12 g mag" just sounds weird...

Co2 and the xvalve? Is the xvalve in just for the pictures? Or do you figure you shoot so little it doesn't matter...

Phantom_Mag
10-26-2005, 04:32 PM
So what do you call it? Not pump, not stock class,...But a "10 round tubed 12 g mag" just sounds weird...

Its a Phantomag :)

And yes i can use the xvalve it does work, but really its only on for looks, I use my Classic valve

Automaggot68
10-26-2005, 04:46 PM
stock class is
12 gram no ca - Check
Pump - No...

Co2 and the xvalve? Is the xvalve in just for the pictures? Or do you figure you shoot so little it doesn't matter...

No, Stock class is NOT solely the feed tube being parallel to the body. It also must be rocked forward or backward to chamber a ball.

etjoyride
10-26-2005, 05:30 PM
It would actually be called modified stock class

Oh and its also possible to make a tinymag(although a little different) for a lot less, however it won't look as nice as phantoms :D . I'm working on mine right now, and mine is more of a budget based tinymag...if anyone wants to know how just PM since i don't want to completely hijack PHantommag's thread. :p

Also i like that you finally made it all (well almost all) one color

Kwaidd
10-26-2005, 05:35 PM
thats very cool indeed.

woulda loved a gun like that when we used to do night games with pumps/pgp's and didn't need alot of air or ammo. very nice job on the work and the play by play explanation.

cheerz,

-kw

Automaggot68
10-26-2005, 06:03 PM
It would actually be called modified stock class

No, it wouldn't be.
Modified stockclass uses Hoppers and constant Air.

latches109
10-26-2005, 06:04 PM
stock class is
12 gram no ca - Check
Pump - No...

stock has no more than 20 balls that must be parallel to the barrel for the "Rock and Cock" or 10 vertical.
12g co2.
pump action.

that is force feed and not a pump_> so it's not stock class. it's a semi-auto "pistol"
nice gun!

Automaggot68
10-26-2005, 06:06 PM
stock has no more than 20 balls that must be parallel to the barrel for the "Rock and Cock" or 10 vertical.
12g co2.
pump action.

that is force feed and not a pump_> so it's not stock class. it's a semi-auto "pistol"
nice gun!

FINALLY.
Someone who KNOWS something.

tae
10-26-2005, 06:09 PM
:wow:
very nice. How much to make?
DOH! edit...

LOL PARTS ARE EXPENSIVE, I didnt choose any cheap part. I calculated for the average buyer around $400 in parts..

warbeak2099
10-26-2005, 06:23 PM
Perfect except for the 12g placement. In order to make it a holsterable pistol, I'd run the 12g along the side of the body with the ASA directly going into the side of the valve. You'd just need a 1/8" male to male fitting between the port in the side of the valve and the npt port in the ASA. Try it! :headbang:

Phantom_Mag
10-26-2005, 06:27 PM
HA you got me with a few here.
First i can take out the force fed spring making it rock and cock but no it ill not be a pump.
Second best thing about the mag its highly versitile. I have holes drilled where i can set up the 12g parallel with the barrel and feedtube with an asa mount and a single DYE trigger frame. SO many options. But the way it is set up, its the Phantomag.

Automaggot68
10-26-2005, 06:30 PM
HA you got me with a few here.
First i can take out the force fed spring making it rock and cock but no it ill not be a pump.
Second best thing about the mag its highly versitile. I have holes drilled where i can set up the 12g parallel with the barrel and feedtube with an asa mount and a single DYE trigger frame. SO many options. But the way it is set up, its the Phantomag.
Either way, I like it and i think you did a good job.
I was just trying to get on the people who didn't know(and argued the point), not you :)

Phantom_Mag
10-26-2005, 06:38 PM
I know, and i apreciate it.
Thanks alot guys, If anyone needs help im here for you too.

Counterfeit_Syn5304
10-26-2005, 06:49 PM
man I saw this from the beginning stages to this now....its awesome....

warbeak2099
10-26-2005, 07:46 PM
Ah, so you can make it pistol style if you wanted, cool. Really nice job btw.

breg
10-26-2005, 10:58 PM
Dude, that is awsome. I keep telling my friends who don't "get it:" it never a question of why, but can it be done? And, there is only one way to know if it can... Dude, awsome work.
Did you ever thing that it might be cool if you threw a Tac Body on it to make some sort of wango-dango scenario gun? It would look all sorts of cool with a tac flashlight and a custom chest holdster...
Kepp it up and keep it on
Breg

Chris_automag_07
10-27-2005, 09:41 AM
i didn't think a mag with an x-valve could use co2?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
am i wrong?

Phantom_Mag
10-27-2005, 11:06 AM
Tricky isnt it, did you know you can run a Evil Pimp off co2. A thinker isnt it. I just said pimp because i run mine off co2 all the time.

No its not the best, it preforms much better of n2, but once again I Mainly threw the xvalve in there for looks for th pic. Im currently running it off the classic valve. But there are alot fo things people tell you not to do that actually work.

Chris_automag_07
10-27-2005, 03:13 PM
thats cool, i was too scared to try it, i have to work too hard for my paintball money to ruin a valve on something im not sure will work.
thanks though....its good to know.

blamtro
10-27-2005, 10:49 PM
How would the valve be ruined? You arent hacking on it or anything.

xPJx
10-28-2005, 12:22 AM
Just another great creation!

Chris Nearchos
10-28-2005, 12:29 AM
Well another GREAT custom mag has hit the forums! All i can say is great work on it and all that is left is clean up (not needed though). but why do you have the x-valve shown on there if you are using a classic valve?

Very very very nice marker!
-Chris

Arstron
10-28-2005, 10:09 AM
becuse the black xvalve looks better im sure. ;)

Nice job phantom, I saw this thread a couple times, but kept thinking it was one of your original threads on this gun. Glad to see you finished it and it looks great. I agree though that it is begging for a pump kit. My body should be on its way back from WWA, and I cant wait to show off my stock class mag. He mounted a phantom feed tube on my ule body, no welding though, its mounted with screws so it can go back to a vertical feed.

I want to try a couple of diffrent ideas for my 12 gram, since im going pump, I dont need a foregrip so I have thought of a couple diffrent ideas...

Phantom_Mag
10-28-2005, 10:16 AM
Yeah, i considered mounting tip off scope mount so you could tip off the feedtube and put on a feednuck, but i realized its only two screws to romove the body entirly and put on a differnt one, and i got plenty so it wasnt a big deal.

Make sure you make a thread on your new one.

zackzel
10-28-2005, 10:25 AM
Sweet looking gun, wouldn't mind having it in my collection. :cheers:

Arstron
10-28-2005, 10:29 AM
Trust me I will, I have it sitting beside me right now with everything except the body and 12 gram changer. I am still debating on using the CF single trigger frame, benchmark single trigger, or intelliframe. I am not as lucky with having quite a few extra bodies laying around, so I am trying to take advantage of an easy to switch body.

You said you can get 30 shots off with a level 7? I wasnt expecting to get that many shots off with a 12 gram, I figured around 20.

The Action Figure
10-28-2005, 01:23 PM
looks nice

A-Tach-One
10-28-2005, 02:33 PM
It looks absolutely phenomenal!!! Great all around job. That there is a keeper, so don't get any ideas of selling it, cause I am broke!!!

GordDesigns
10-28-2005, 08:13 PM
Very well done :clap:

Now we need to get some more out there and have a game.

Tiny Mags UNITE :bounce:

yingyang
10-28-2005, 08:58 PM
Sorry if this got covered already but, I thought a x valve wont work on CO2?

Phantom_Mag
10-29-2005, 11:40 PM
Its been mentioned, three fours times. :)

Phantom_Mag
01-03-2006, 03:42 PM
See if anyone new wants to know how to make one, UP WE GO

Troen
01-03-2006, 03:55 PM
its an amazing gun, but have you tried using a single trigger? it would probably feel alot better, a more pistol look to it.

Ace12GA
01-03-2006, 06:14 PM
This gives me so many great ideas. I just need to find a cheap power feed body to work with.

Great job.

ThePixelGuru
01-03-2006, 06:42 PM
Nice. I'm working on a similar thing for my Minimag, but with a 3.5oz CO2 tank. I'm just stuck on what to do for feeding paint... I'm thinking 12 round tubes, but I want something I can take on and off pretty easily. Might just make a trip to a hardware store and buy some PVC, see what I can whip up.

Got two questions, though. First, why chop the body and rail? Did having it there really ruin the looks of it, or was it more of a "why not" thing? Secondly, how long does it take to reload paint and CO2? I've never really messed with anything besides CA and hoppers, so I'm a bit curious.

Jotsy
01-03-2006, 09:28 PM
hey nice job there. i was considering making something like this if i had the cash or time.

one thing tho, did you ever consider welding the 12g changer to the body above the valve? this would put it directly behind the 10rd mag. to reload, you could just put a hole in the mag where the pf plug goes and rotate the pf plug to open and close the hole. maybe even attach a little lever to the pf plug. the only question is, if you did put the 12g there, how far would it stick out the back?

Phantom_Mag
01-03-2006, 09:53 PM
It takes about 10 seconds to relaod and an additional 10 to regas, though im not the quickest. And yes the body and rail did have to be milled in my case, having the extra 3/4 inch bothered the hell out of me, thats why ive never liked the RT style. A huge gap between the grip and frame kills it for me. Same for having extra useless rail in front too. Its these little things that make a marker too me.

Its not just which body or rail you like, but how they flow together with the rest of the marker. Call me pickey but it really does a number for the marker.

Ive thought about a few differnt places to put the 12 gram where it would be easy to change, currently the marker has two places where the 12 gram can go. Where it is pictured, and also underneath the barrel on a duckbill asa. I have tapped two holes on the rail for the duckbill and its just about perfectly lined up the end of the barrel and feedtube.

Thanks guys for you interest i figured id bring the old thread back up for these exact reasons.

Michael

Arstron
01-03-2006, 10:17 PM
Nice. I'm working on a similar thing for my Minimag, but with a 3.5oz CO2 tank. I'm just stuck on what to do for feeding paint... I'm thinking 12 round tubes, but I want something I can take on and off pretty easily. Might just make a trip to a hardware store and buy some PVC, see what I can whip up.

You can use a ULE body and tap a hole so you can mount a phantom horizontal feed tube to it. Then you one screw will remove your feedneck so you can easily put your feedneck back in. Thats how I did with my stock class mag.

http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=186171

NinjaoftheNight79
01-03-2006, 10:55 PM
You know, I was thinking about trying something like that with a special ops longbow magazine kit and my Tac One. Since my Tac-One is brand new, it would have the cool milled out rail, and put the 12 gram adapter right next to the trigger guard vertically. It wouldn't work very well unless I got a LVL 7 bolt and Classic Valve instead. If someone could mod one of their 21 ball magazine into a much smaller magazine and ano them black, it would be easy to change out mags. It would be pretty costly, but it would be worth it. I just think it would be a tight mod, and still be capable of being a stock Tac-One. I like modularity (sp/the right word?)

I really like that stock class mag too, Arstron. I would personally do that if I had the money.

What I would have personally think would rock is a custom (possibly bought through AGD) made marker with these parts:

Tac-One Mainbody
Tac-One Milled Tac Rail (Tac-One's new rail)
Stock AGD ASA (on all of the AGD Mechs, but without a foregrip)
Single Trigger Carbon Fiber Frame Assy
LVL 7 Bolt
Classic Valve

This mag would be the perfect base marker for my idea with the Spec Ops Magazine idea. It would work great, look cool, and be fun for everyone. All you would need then is a small barrel.

Arstron
01-04-2006, 08:29 AM
You got me thinking now, a tac one body really would look great on my mag with my feed tube. I might have to check into that. As for your idea, you can buy a used classic valve with level 7 bolt for around $40-$50 now. So if you wanted to try this, you could sell the xvalve to pay for the extra parts. As for the long bows magazine, at 21 rounds it would just about perfect, you would run out of paint just before you run out of co2.

I belive I am going to have to put this idea to the top of my list for now (getting a tac one body), I have been needing a ule body for my dragun mag and the one on my stock class would be perfect for drilling eyes. :D

Sorry phantom_mag for hijacking your thread, just was wanting to help ninja out with some other ideas. :)

Phantom_Mag
01-04-2006, 12:14 PM
My project was not intended to be a sock class mag, just a pistol, and thats why i didnt want the 12 gram on the back it sticks way far out the back, if im goign to put it in a holster it is best under the barrel, but thats only for when im dual wielding with my sidearm.And its also imposible to put i screw and have neough force into the body to hold a feedtube down, im assuming he put it into the thicker alluminum by the feedneck. As you can see i milled that all off for my feedtube I put off the front. Also i wa slimited to whan i can do since i built it by myself.

BTW Your mag is beautiful, i love it.

awilli234life
01-04-2006, 12:29 PM
i'd love to see this gun with a sidecar holder for the 12 gram charger
or run the ball caddy backwards with teh Co2 changer out the front like a tac light

9868Classic
01-04-2006, 01:32 PM
Did you cut the front of the body or the back? I can't tell.

Nice work though. I got enough spare parts layin around I might have to do this.

Phantom_Mag
01-15-2006, 02:40 PM
I milled off the front of the body.

Any other Commensts or questions?

ICDBunkerKing
02-02-2006, 06:53 PM
nice gun i love the double trigger and intelliframe even tho it has a 10 round magazine. A stock single trigger would probally be more practical.

Phantom_Mag
11-22-2006, 04:40 PM
What the heck, its been while maybe someone new wants to build somthing nice.