PDA

View Full Version : Scary Stuff

psychowarden
10-26-2005, 11:27 PM
I live in a town that has a few pretty violent gangs. And in the past few weeks, there has been a large increase in gang violence, as well as some pretty intense fights at my school. And now, to top it off, there has been rumors that their may be a shooting at my school. Yup, thats right, with real *bang bang* guns on Friday, over the weekend, and on Monday. So my parents and I are still undecided on whether I should be going to school on those two days.

My teammates and I were gonna try to get some practice in this weekend, but if anybody saw us pull "gun like" objects out of our cars, that could turn out pretty bad, and have cops on us pretty quick...so scratch that, and we've got a tournament coming up soon.

Glickman
10-26-2005, 11:32 PM
did anyone tell the police about these "rumors"

it might save you and your friends a few chunks of meat :D

whats the problem with paintball guns at a field? you do practice at a field right?

psychowarden
10-26-2005, 11:47 PM
Yes, the police knows about this, as well as the school board. The security has been upped alot, bag chekcs, an additional 8 police officers will be at the school. I know this, because my team mates dad is the police Captain.

The closest actual paintball field to me is approximatly 135 miles away. So going to the field for a little practice is kinda hard. We have to ask farmers and land owners if they will let us use their land, and usually they dont have a problem with it as long as we dont do anything to damage the land. And they let us free of charge and sometimes get us drinks and stuff, nifty stuff. So, I just dont think it would be wise to do so.

neppo1345
10-26-2005, 11:49 PM
At least it's just rumors....about a month ago....there was a bomb threat on friday...evacuated the highschool....then on monday...someone decides to leave a box of .22 rounds in the boys bathroom with a hit list...there were 7 rounds missing from the box...school was promptly canceled, nobody was :shooting: ...thank god, and i thought went to a safe school....thank god in in college now...

Glickman
10-26-2005, 11:51 PM
At least it's just rumors....about a month ago....there was a bomb threat on friday...evacuated the highschool....then on monday...someone decies to leave a box of .22 rounds in the boys bathroom with a hit list...there were 7 rounds missing from the box...school was promptly canceled, nobody was :shooting: ...thank god, and i thought went to a safe school....thank god in in college now...

thats crazy stuff

you dont know if ur dealing with a kid who plinks in his backyard or someone who REALLY knows what hes doing if u see .22's

psychowarden
10-26-2005, 11:53 PM
At least it's just rumors..

Thats still not a for sure thing. For all we know, it could be legit. I live in a pretty crazy town.

stop whining buy a mag
10-27-2005, 07:34 AM
Thats still not a for sure thing. For all we know, it could be legit. I live in a pretty crazy town.

I remember back in 6th grade, my school got 4 bomb threats in a month. Someone thought it was funny to put graffiti on the wall about blowing up the school. It was a really nice area, just had a lot of stupid kids.

You must live in a pretty rough area if the gangs are bold enough to pull stuff like that at school. If they've really talked it up and they are the kind of people that aren't going to be backing down, I'd skip school. It's not worth being there even with the tension. Last year I was in chorus talking to one of the guys I really didn't know that well. He seemed to be a pretty nice kid and we just joked around for a while. Something came up about a fight earlier and I told him he could probably take on most of the guys at our school. He said "Nah, I don't need to do that, I bring my 9 so people don't F** with me." He then pulled his 9mm out from his backpack and laughed. Later that day, he showed it to some other kid who ran and told one of the cops. I'm pretty sure he's in juvee still from that.

sbpyro
10-27-2005, 10:54 AM
What ever happened to the good old days of fighting?
When I went to high school you had to worry mostly bout knives and bats. Occasionally we had some kid bring his gun to school. Now I hear about schools with metal detectors and think you know that really stinks for anyone who goes to one of those schools because their antagonist(s) can just wait outside of school for them outside of the school and know that they are not armed.

I guess things are just different now.

behemoth
10-27-2005, 01:48 PM
You play on farm land, but have gangs?!

Its like innercity farmland?

Maggot6
10-27-2005, 03:13 PM
There are no guns in my school, or area (Go Canada ;)) But whenever you hear about that happening it just makes you shiver a little....It'd be so easy to take over a school as unprotected as mine... (P.S....Don't go to school, a few days of makeup, is alot easier than getting shot...)

yeahthatsme
10-27-2005, 05:32 PM
move

mag88888
10-27-2005, 07:14 PM
where do you live? last year some kid brought in a gun to my hish school. thank god, nothing happened though. im not sure what ever happened to the kid, i know he got busted though. one of my old friends moved down into virginia and there was a shooting at his school. yes, actually at his school.

onedude36
10-28-2005, 11:57 PM
gangsters piss me off. if you got a problem big enough with someone that you need to fight, go just you 2 and duke it out with old-fashioned skin. I hate people who bring friends, and weapons to hide behind. man up and fight.

Timmee
10-29-2005, 07:25 AM
Back when I went to high school, kids carried knives all the time (and many owned firearms at home). It wasn't frowned upon, as long as it wasn't taken too far. Of course, I also went to a high school that had Vo-Ag (Vocational Agriculture) as a course of study.

Nothing's funnier than a Fiero with a gun rack. :rofl: :spit_take

jdhfreak
10-31-2005, 02:27 PM
we had a kid last year get caught with a hitlist in his pocket and a handgun

Target Practice
10-31-2005, 02:51 PM
Jesus, whatever happend to the days where you could hunt squirrel with a .22 on your way to school.

There's so many goddamn pansies in this country.

anomoly40
10-31-2005, 03:10 PM
I'm asking what happened to the educational system. A kid has to bring a list! Why can't he just remember them in his head? Because our educational system is failing!

Seriously though, I wouldn't go to school. About pratice, you can always tell your teammates dad where you'll be so they will know where you are praticing.

I can't spell pratcice. :rofl: