PDA

View Full Version : (*) (*) I need Help (*) (*)

pbplayer05
10-27-2005, 11:44 AM
ok, I just got my mag up and running thanks to an oring rebuilt kit there are no more leaks. :) Now my problem is I'm easily out shooting my classic valve and shoot a string and then have to wait for it to recharge before it will shoot again. yes, commonly known as shoot down and not quite as bad as FSDO (I own a SFT shocker), I need to know if there is a cure or fix for my slow recharge problem. I have a lv7 bolt, ANS regulator(claims to have a faster recharge) and a classic valve. I also have a RT valve,but I can't use it because I must use CO2. so any ideas are welcome. thanks :headbang:

Dayspring
10-27-2005, 03:01 PM
Is the ANS regulator the one thats screwing onto the back of the valve or a vert reg as a foregrip?

Either way, ANS is NOT faster recharging. Only thing I can think of besides the garbage ANS parts is that the big thick reg seat oring needs replacing.

Past that, switching to HPA will help alot, but you can't use it/get it.

pbplayer05
10-28-2005, 12:22 AM
Is the ANS regulator the one thats screwing onto the back of the valve or a vert reg as a foregrip?

Either way, ANS is NOT faster recharging. Only thing I can think of besides the garbage ANS parts is that the big thick reg seat oring needs replacing.

Past that, switching to HPA will help alot, but you can't use it/get it.

it is one that screws into the valve and I got the ANS parts because I needed a classic valve and I got a complete set up (reg,valve and bolt) for $65 shipped so I got a deal on it. I have a brand new 68/45 fiber wrap that I can't use because there isn't any where close to get fills. thanks and other ideas ? :cheers:

barjohn
10-28-2005, 07:26 AM
Co2 may be getting into your valve freezing up stuff. Make sure you have an antisyphon tank or vertical tank.

athomas
10-28-2005, 08:02 AM
If you have to use CO2, then you will have to take steps to keep it from freezing up. That is what is causing your shootdown. A good expansion chamber or a Palmers stabilizer combined with an antisiphon tank that is setup for your gun, will help.

pbplayer05
10-29-2005, 12:41 AM
If you have to use CO2, then you will have to take steps to keep it from freezing up. That is what is causing your shootdown. A good expansion chamber or a Palmers stabilizer combined with an antisiphon tank that is setup for your gun, will help.

ok, how would I use an expansion chamber or a plamers reg with a mag since I run a hose from the ASA directly to the reg in the back of the gun? I have a thermal tank cover,anti siphon and run vert bottle to help with Co2.Its a classic valve so it should work just fine with co2. I'm thining that its the reg seat oring thing thats causing the shoot down. also if I remove the seat and pin would that let the air flow freely and increase my ROF ? so any ideas are helpful. thanks :shooting:

Dayspring
10-29-2005, 07:02 PM
If you remove the seat & pin, it won't seal, will leak and won't fire.

And wait, you have an anti-siphon tube in the tank and run the tank vertically? As in right under the gun, facing up?

Cuz if you do, that's your problem. If you have an anti-siphon tube in a tank, it can NEVER be run vertically. It will suck liquid CO2 into the gun and cause all sorts of problems.

pbplayer05
10-29-2005, 09:42 PM
If you remove the seat & pin, it won't seal, will leak and won't fire.

And wait, you have an anti-siphon tube in the tank and run the tank vertically? As in right under the gun, facing up?

Cuz if you do, that's your problem. If you have an anti-siphon tube in a tank, it can NEVER be run vertically. It will suck liquid CO2 into the gun and cause all sorts of problems.

Why yes I do I do have an anti siphon tube in the tank I'm running vertically, hwo would that cause the problem I'm having if you bend the copper tube to one side or the other dependingon ur ASA ? :dance:

Coralis
10-29-2005, 11:52 PM
Because your antisiphon tube may be dipping down into the liquid C02 when its in the vertical position ( depending how long the tube is ). Stabilizers for mags were generally screwed into the AIR valve (where the hose would go) and the the air hose would be connected to the stablizer. It can be run other ways as well you can see the various ways they can be connected at palmers site http://www.palmer-pursuit.com/online-catalog/stabilizer.htm Still the best way to go would be compressed air if it is practical for you from a fill stand point.

Dayspring
10-30-2005, 11:47 AM
This is why.

Because your antisiphon tube may be dipping down into the liquid C02 when its in the vertical position ( depending how long the tube is ).

SpitFire1299
10-30-2005, 12:24 PM
Co2 may be getting into your valve freezing up stuff. Make sure you have an antisyphon tank or vertical tank.
Yes, co2 is bad. On my old classics i used air and got little to no shut-down, On co2.. it was terrible, so i never use co2.

pbplayer05
10-31-2005, 12:28 AM
ok, great.. thats most helpful. I have yet another question. what threads do I get to connect it to the ANS reg and would that reg serve any purpose then, or could I by pass it some what to prvent restricted air flow ? Also what reg do I get and high or low pressure and what would I gain by getting a palmers besides weight.Sorry I have to use co2 thats why I got a mag(no where to get fills anymore). thanks :bounce: (ok, I'm looking for them now and they are like $100 and thats kinda expensive, anyone know where I can get one cheaper?)

Dayspring
10-31-2005, 09:40 AM
Ditch the ANS reg.

The palmer regs will help block CO2 from getting to the gun. That's their benefit.

And we never said that getting CO2 to work on your gun would be cheap.

ok, great.. thats most helpful. I have yet another question. what threads do I get to connect it to the ANS reg and would that reg serve any purpose then, or could I by pass it some what to prvent restricted air flow ? Also what reg do I get and high or low pressure and what would I gain by getting a palmers besides weight.Sorry I have to use co2 thats why I got a mag(no where to get fills anymore). thanks :bounce: (ok, I'm looking for them now and they are like $100 and thats kinda expensive, anyone know where I can get one cheaper?)

athomas
10-31-2005, 12:42 PM
In the short term, remove the anti-siphon tube from your tank. That will allow you to keep using your tank vertically on your mag. For maximum benefit, you should then add an inline palmers stabilizer.

To save on the purchase of a palmers stabilizer, move your bottle to a bottom line ASA on your trigger frame. Make sure you adjust your anti-siphon to work with the ASA you put there. Then add an expansion chamber (inexpensive when purchased 2nd hand) to the vertical ASA and attach by hose (steel or macro) to the bottom line ASA.