PDA

View Full Version : 68 automag classic stock setup up and compressed air

Rottindog
10-27-2005, 11:42 PM
Just dusted off my old automag after about 10 years without use. Still fires with no leaks. I was thinking of changing to compressed air. Will it work stock or does something need to be changed?

If it won't work can someone tell me how to add an expansion chamber to my remote set up. I remember that in the colder weather if would puff out the front and tend to freeze up while rapid firing.

Thanks

Branko

barjohn
10-28-2005, 07:22 AM
compresssed air would be a great upgrade for you. you do not need to change anything to switch to compressed air. just screw in the tank and go. expansion chambers are a waste of money, spend what you would have on an expansion chamber and put it towards a compressed air tank.

3DSteve
10-28-2005, 10:17 AM
expansion chambers are a waste of money, spend what you would have on an expansion chamber and put it towards a compressed air tank.

I've got to disagree...I know compressed air is a lot better (i just began playing again and recently switched over to HPA and i'm loving it) but when i was shooting CO2, my expansion chamber was awesome...It solved all of my CO2 problems.
Spending $20-$30 a good expansion chamber is a much cheaper alternative than spending $85-$250 on a new compressed air system. But...if you're running remote, the hose should be enough to keep liquid CO2 out of the gun, even without an expansion chamber.

*That being said, compressed air is a much better power source than CO2*
-3D

rb211
10-28-2005, 06:52 PM
If you are considering compressed air, and play in cold climate, well, there's another reason to consider HPA. You won't get a freeze-ups on HPA, and you dont have to worry about inconsistent tank pressure as you do on co2 in cold weather. Save your pennies and switch to HPA. It's worth it.

Coralis
10-28-2005, 09:35 PM
If you have access to air fills Compressed air is the way to go, and to save money (if it is a issue) try to find one used that has been hydro'ed fairly recently. Nitroduck, crossfire, AGD flatline etc are all pretty good brands.

3DSteve
10-30-2005, 11:57 PM
I bought a nitroduck that needed to be hydo'd... and i got it for nothing.
a $30 hydrotest later i had a great HP system.
just make sure you've got an authorized hydrostatic tester in your area. I used a company that tests fire extinguishers and industrial cylinders.
just google cylinder testing
but be careful...you're running a risk. if it doesn't pass hydro, you just lost some money