PDA

View Full Version : Emag bolt stick/leak

maxwell
10-28-2005, 02:17 PM
My emag has sat for quite some time unused. I put it together with the old PF body since I sold my ule the other day. Now when gassed up the bolt constatnly sticks forward and leaks. This is with the lvl 10 and I tried lvl 7 with same results. I replaced the quad ring in the on/off as well as checking both lvl10 and lvl 7 orings, etc. The gun still leaks when the trigger is depressed in mech mode. I can push it back into place and hear a click and it will be ok, but when fired it just wants to stick forward. Any help would be nice.
Thanks

athomas
10-31-2005, 12:55 PM
With the level 10, use a larger carrier.

With the level 7, use a longer spacer.

blamtro
10-31-2005, 02:12 PM
With the level 10, use a larger carrier.

With the level 7, use a longer spacer.

Actually, with the level 10, you need to add more shims on top of the carrier.

StellarRAD
10-31-2005, 02:56 PM
Try this also. Take apart the top assemble completely and try this.

Remove the bolt and take the spring off of the bolt. Try sliding the bolt into the back of the barrel. Does it fal competely into the barrel or get stuck?

Mine over the weekend fired and bent the back of the barrel, "which I've never seen done before". My bolt now rubs up against the sides of the barrel and doesn't fit all the way into the barre, which prevents my lvl 10 from firing all the way.

Try firing with any different barrels or does it do this also with a dry fire with no barrel?

maxwell
10-31-2005, 04:41 PM
This was with no barrel.
Why would I need a longer spacer on the lvl 7 bolt? I had used this previously without problems. Can I use shims to make the spacer "longer".

athomas
11-01-2005, 07:13 AM
This was with no barrel.
Why would I need a longer spacer on the lvl 7 bolt? I had used this previously without problems. Can I use shims to make the spacer "longer".

As parts wear, the tolerances change. The bolt can sit farther out if the sear wears. Constant pressure on the oring over time can compress it, etc. Shims will lengthen the spacer. The longer spacer prevents the bolt from contacting the powertube oring before the bolt is fully returned to the base of the valve. If the spacer is too short the bolt is usually held away from the base of the valve by the powertube oring, thus preventing the sear from resetting.

blamtro: Adding shims will help if the gun won't fire or pinches a ball and the bolt moves slightly forward and won't return. If the gun fires, but the bolt doesn't return, bolt stick is the issue usually caused by a carrier that is too tight.

maxwell
11-01-2005, 02:40 PM
Ahh makes sense. Thank you all for the help as always. I will post up when I get it fixed, I thin athomas' suggestion will do it....or I hope so atleast!