PDA

View Full Version : Epneu types

buzzboy
10-28-2005, 06:14 PM
Ok, now that I am getting into high end guns, I want to knwo how they work. And as the topic says, high end ePneus. So far the only ones I know about the workings of are the simple stacked tube guns like timmies, bkos and B2ks. Also I know about the workings of freestyles. But the others confuse me :confused: The ones I want to know about are trixes, shockers(old and new), angles and viks. Just looking at them makes my head spin.

On a side note I keep hearing about Breech rods on older matrixes. What the heck are they, and what do they do.

Faddy
10-28-2005, 07:26 PM
Angels (and I think Vikings, but not 100%) work very similarly to Intimidators. Stacked tube, ram moves bolt and hammer forward and opens valve. But, since Angels came before Intimidaotrs, I should say that Timmys work similarly to Angels. :P As for Matrixes and Shockers, they have spool valves. You say you know how a Freestyle works, they basically use a spool valve, though it is a little different. I'm not good at explaining things, and don't know trixes and shockers well enough to explain them anyway.

Maggot6
10-28-2005, 07:35 PM
Just looking at any spool valve marker...

Basically, some compressed gas fills a chamber, thus pushing it forward. Then once the chamber or ram or whatever goes past an oring, the supply gets cut off and compressed air goes forward....

buzzboy
10-28-2005, 08:34 PM
Actually faddy, viks and angels have the tubes side by side unlike timmies. Thats why I was asking.

can'tthink of1
10-28-2005, 10:24 PM
Angels only use one of the tubes for the battery. Vikes use it for LP air I think. But nevertheless, they all operate the same, timmys, angels, vikes, cyborgs, etc and could even be applied to cockers. Their operation is the same, except for cockers use the whole pneus part to recock themselves. Then freestyles, shockers, ions, and mags, all use blow foward or spool valve, which are all fairly similar just will use air or a spring to recock the bolt, and just dump stored air to fire the ball.

latches109
10-29-2005, 01:28 PM
http://www.deadlywind.com/tech/marker_animations/index.html

check it out.

slade
10-29-2005, 11:59 PM
Just looking at any spool valve marker...

Basically, some compressed gas fills a chamber, thus pushing it forward. Then once the chamber or ram or whatever goes past an oring, the supply gets cut off and compressed air goes forward....
that is a blow forward, like a mag, freestyle or ion. the electropneumatic blowforwards use a 3-way solenoid. they are very similar to spool valves like matrices or shockers, which use 4-way solenoids, using air to move the bolt forward and to retract it.

the matrix breech rod is on all matrices before the dm4. you know how they have removeable breeches? the breech rod goes down the center of the gun and screws into the breech, it holds the breech and back plate together.

http://p8ntball226.com/paintball.html

besides spool valves and blow forwards there are many versions of the ram-hammer design, like the intimidator, viking or angel.