PDA

View Full Version : SCOTT USA.........Am I the only one??

Bejita
10-28-2005, 11:47 PM
I used to sport Scott gear a lot........I still have a Scott jersey :rolleyes: Since I was out of the loop for a few year and now I'm back...It would seem that they have sorta dissapeared.....Since I loved their goggles I went searching arround and found that they're trying to make a comback....well maybe a small one since they only have 1 new goggle, the voltage. Am I the only one who is still gonna be sporting Scott gear?? I love their goggles but it looks like a comeback maybe tough.

http://www.pbreview.com/productpics/?action=view&photo=459&product=3092

SpitFire1299
10-29-2005, 11:25 AM
That mask looks pretty cool, except that big triangle on the front.

All i have is a ton of scott stickers.

mag-owner
10-29-2005, 12:02 PM
That mask looks pretty cool, except that big triangle on the front.

yea if u get gogged, there will be a big triangle of paint on your face... :tard:

SteelSoul
10-29-2005, 12:07 PM
Yeah that would happen sometimes.
I had a Scott BadAss for a few years and it has the same front. It is very soft and you do get bounces.

SS :headbang:

Bejita
10-29-2005, 12:26 PM
They sill sell the good ol hot shot but now they call it the vector. Shey still have the bad *** too.

CrimsonGhost
10-29-2005, 03:47 PM
I used to use a bad *** and the smaler one. The ears weren't that comfy TO ME. I also HATED eating 90% of the paint from a mask hit. The way the vents were cut seemed to force the paint TOWARDS your mouth.
But...they were the least air flow restrictive goggles I have used.

I will be curious to see these "live"

SNDavidson
10-29-2005, 04:36 PM
I'll take a little paint on the nose vs. fogging. I remember one thing about Scott, they flat out don't fog, literally, ever. Apparently that big triangle on the front prevents that. Go ahead Scott, make your comeback.

Bejita
10-30-2005, 12:06 AM
I'll still sport may jersey, and mask........and gloves :rolleyes:

master_alexander
10-30-2005, 12:11 AM
i still have my first scott mask. i love it. i treated it with this antifog stuff too. really slick.

i have had a dye invision and a proteus, and for some reaso still love my scott.

rock on. :headbang:

wanna-b-ballin'
10-30-2005, 01:01 AM
i got a dirty used one that smelled like cigarretes along with my mag when i bought it.
i was curious how tough it was. a hopper of GAP and my bro's response trigger at 10 feet didn't seem to hurt it at all except a bunch of tiny scratches. now it kinda smells like blueberries.

i admire how light it is and how simple it is to take apart now. stupid JT spectra lenses are tough as hell to get out. i use the scott as a backup, but it needs a new lense. oh well.

if they make a nicer looking mask, i'll be sure to get one.

Bejita
10-30-2005, 01:08 AM
You can buy thermal lenses on Ebay for like 8 bucks

Evil1
10-30-2005, 01:53 AM
I used to have an intruder years ago. Does anyone remember the uproar scott caused by naming the mask the badass?

Head knight of Ni
10-30-2005, 09:06 AM
I'll take a little paint on the nose vs. fogging. I remember one thing about Scott, they flat out don't fog, literally, ever. Apparently that big triangle on the front prevents that. Go ahead Scott, make your comeback.

I've never seen a scott not fog. Granted I've only seen 2-3 in use.

11 Bravo
10-30-2005, 09:30 AM
I use a Scott BadAss II and love it. Never fogs and is very light, also breaths very well. Its the best fitting mask that I have had.

JoshK
10-30-2005, 10:02 AM
Scott masks come with tippmann 98 custom packages also.

SNDavidson
10-30-2005, 05:07 PM
I've never seen a scott not fog. Granted I've only seen 2-3 in use.

I dunno, maybe it's just me, my friend and his dad both used to use the Bad---, prior to trying that goggle I could fog up anything. Even my Invision I have now fogs slightly.

master_alexander
10-30-2005, 05:42 PM
well, mine fogs sometime, but i live in texas, and we have had days where you can just about drink the air. that is really horrible to be in let alone play in.

punkncat
10-30-2005, 05:47 PM
I like my old Scott goggles better than any other I have ever used. I am not sure of the name of them, but the same ones that were packed in the Tippman player pack for years.

They give great coverage for your whole face, esp. the forehead and chin. Good visibility, easy to clean and swap lenses. You may not take a bounce, but you won't feel it either. I don't get cuts on my face from shell coming through. Its very comfortable to me. These things were first made for motocross, so they are defiantely tough enough.

I hate that I can no longer find replacement lenses for them. All the shops in my area have decided the Scotts are old school and obsolete.

mobsterboy
10-30-2005, 09:51 PM
ditto punkncat. I think SCOTT went mainstream motocross goggles. My neighbor has like 5 pairs of them and they sell nicely

WARPED1
10-31-2005, 09:26 PM
I still use 2 pairs of Scott goggles.

Pump Scout
11-01-2005, 10:04 PM
Functionally, they're OK, but I've disliked the company for a long time because of what they did to the original Vents line. Yes, I hold grudges. :cuss:

whistl3r
11-02-2005, 06:57 PM
i got those gogs in a tippman pro pack a year ago and i still use them / love them.. they are super low profile when you remove the visor.

yingyang
11-02-2005, 09:44 PM
The thermal goggles that came with the A5 power pack are amazing, the looks arent so good, but the lense has yet to fog or condesnse yet, also super comfy.

VTpaintballer
11-02-2005, 10:12 PM
not too bad.. but i liek my profiler

Bejita
11-02-2005, 10:28 PM
Yeah.....I'm gonna sport a my jersey still.......I'm gonna buy a Vector Friday.....It's exactly the same as the hotshot. I love how they felt!!! The most comfortable mask I've ever used....Cant wait to get it...

scrumpy
11-02-2005, 10:49 PM
Those things look like they wouldn't do much to protect anything other than your eyes. Shells shred skin from time to time and the gaps in that thing don't look too assuring.

Bejita
11-02-2005, 11:24 PM
Be a man......Scars on your face are bad a$$ :headbang:

ThePixelGuru
11-04-2005, 02:58 PM
I still use 2 pairs of Scott goggles.
Remember, kids, wearing two masks is safer than one! ;)

Uh, seriously though... At the UMass field we've got one pair of Scott goggles (not even sure which model) that we hand out with rental packages, and over many years of use they seemed to hold up a hell of a lot better than the Spectras we've got.

mobsterboy
11-04-2005, 10:07 PM
Remember, kids, wearing two masks is safer than one! ;)

Always, and it ups the AGG factor at the same time. Also, depending on the goggles, it could up your bps to 32 million from 30 million and make you run .0000000000001 seconds faster to your bunker. The downside is that the noob kiddies might think you are wierd or something

germanman
11-07-2005, 12:44 AM
I have one that's about 10 years old, and I still use it.