PDA

View Full Version : Lovely little CNC's

tae
10-29-2005, 01:13 PM
I just met a man who works in a shop full of CNC machines with a anodizing shop next door. :rolleyes:
What is the going rate for that type of work? Im going to be speaking with them next week and thought if anyone else is interested, Ill post info here.

nicad
10-29-2005, 02:06 PM
I have done work in the past at $75/hr for cad/cam, and $25/hr machine time. + tooling as needed.

I have seen machine rates go for $50 - $90/hr. all depends on the part, quantity, and what they are capable of.

Most shops have minimums, but talk to them and am I am sure they will work with you. Taking them out for beers works sometimes too. :) :)

tae
10-29-2005, 02:42 PM
Thanks Nicad :D
Ill keep any info posted to give me something to do.

Nicad, Id like to see the fruits of your creativity. Do you have pics anywhere?

cdacda13
10-29-2005, 04:40 PM
http://www.deadlywind.com/

Thats his work

peewee
10-29-2005, 10:08 PM
I used to get cheap engine work done at a local shop by showing up just before closing with a case of beer. :argh:

tae
10-30-2005, 03:41 PM
?!DW?!

:wow: Much respect to you and your fine products. I love those bodys.

danoxide
10-31-2005, 09:53 PM
sorry for thread jacking, but i saw nicad had already posted and ive been wanting to ask him this for awhile....I have a silver cord2 body with a no-rise ccm feedneck, now i was wondering, what do you think would be a good price to sell this for? since you are the creator of them and all.(i havnt seen them in the buy/sell forums for awhile and your site doesnt have a price for me to gauge it off)

nicad
10-31-2005, 10:06 PM
sorry for thread jacking, but i saw nicad had already posted and ive been wanting to ask him this for awhile....I have a silver cord2 body with a no-rise ccm feedneck, now i was wondering, what do you think would be a good price to sell this for? since you are the creator of them and all.(i havnt seen them in the buy/sell forums for awhile and your site doesnt have a price for me to gauge it off)

They are $225 new
+ $25 if it is anodized.
+ $28 for the feedneck (I think?)

used price? I have no idea.

Thing is, there might not be any more made, depending on if AGD gets more Slugs made.
There were only 31 of them made.

danoxide
11-01-2005, 11:13 AM
They are $225 new
+ $25 if it is anodized.
+ $28 for the feedneck (I think?)

used price? I have no idea.

Thing is, there might not be any more made, depending on if AGD gets more Slugs made.
There were only 31 of them made.

thanks nicad...wow when i bought this mag i had no idea i had one of 31. is there any way for me to tell what number i have?

nicad
11-01-2005, 01:22 PM
if you remove the body and look at the bottom of it between the bolt stud and the sear slot there should be a number 0xx scratched in it.

Tom K. has # 001. :)

BigEvil
11-01-2005, 01:43 PM
So thats basically it on all of the Deadlywind mag bodies until AGD makes more slugs?

tae
11-01-2005, 01:56 PM
How many of those bodies are out there?

BigEvil
11-01-2005, 02:07 PM
No, not yet.

There are still Karta bodies available at www.themagsmith.com , as well as Slug bodies waiting to be machined for those folks that want a Deadlywind mag body.

Glad to hear it. I'm planning on building my 3rd emag... but I put it off until those TAG boards show up.