PDA

View Full Version : X-Valve/ULT Problems - Need Help ASAP

RazorMonkey
10-30-2005, 07:49 PM
Alright. X-valve'd ULE mag... Has had a slight leak for a while... But was working alright... Until I got my ULE... Put the ULE in... Gas up... Bolt immediately goes like halfway forward... Leaky leaky... I know this is vague, but I'm quite dumb when it comes to Mags... I can follow the operation of pretty much every other gun on the market, but 'Mags are a mystery to me... I need help... I'll try to stay online on AIM for a few more hours if any of you guys can help me out. tehart2007... Please help me out!

And please don't flame for being non-specific... If you want more info, ask specific question...

Yogster
10-30-2005, 08:31 PM
Sounds like you have the ULT too long you might want to try take out some of the shims in the ULT.

Yogster

RazorMonkey
10-30-2005, 08:47 PM
Sounds like you have the ULT too long you might want to try take out some of the shims in the ULT.

Yogster
I only had 2 shims in there... I just pulled one more out... I'll go air it up...

RazorMonkey
10-30-2005, 08:50 PM
I only had 2 shims in there... I just pulled one more out... I'll go air it up...
Alright... So it aired up this time... Slight leak out the bolt... Pulled the trigger... Double fire... Pulled again... Double... Was like, this is weird... So I held down the trigger... It just goes full auto... And with the LX, the air isn't venting... The bolt just keeps pushing...

Coralis
10-30-2005, 09:11 PM
Can you locate the source of the leak , is it leaking down the bolt or out the back or does it sound like it coming from around the on/off area . Put the other shim back in , infact try adding a third shim

RazorMonkey
10-30-2005, 09:16 PM
Leak's coming from the bolt. I'll try putting more in, even though pulling them out seemed to help the problem with it not even airing up... It also seems to me that the fact that it acts like there's no LX at all and just keeps pushing is a significant issue... And I don't understand how shims can cause that...

RazorMonkey
10-30-2005, 09:19 PM
Leak's coming from the bolt. I'll try putting more in, even though pulling them out seemed to help the problem with it not even airing up... It also seems to me that the fact that it acts like there's no LX at all and just keeps pushing is a significant issue... And I don't understand how shims can cause that...
Also significant may be the fact that it seems that the whole on/off assembly gets pushed out a bit each time I air up... Not sure if that's normal...

RazorMonkey
10-30-2005, 09:27 PM
Also significant may be the fact that it seems that the whole on/off assembly gets pushed out a bit each time I air up... Not sure if that's normal...
With 3 shims, it aired up, but there was still a leak down the bolt, and it still goes full auto when I hold down the trigger.

RazorMonkey
10-30-2005, 10:10 PM
With 3 shims, it aired up, but there was still a leak down the bolt, and it still goes full auto when I hold down the trigger.
No help? *tear* lol I'll wait till the AM...

Yogster
10-30-2005, 10:29 PM
The leaking down the barrel is a level 10 problem.I would also try one size down on your level 10 carrier.

barjohn
10-30-2005, 10:30 PM
i would say to install regular trigger back into gun and tune up your level 10 100 %. then once you get no leeks outta the level 10 and it is working perfectly then put in your ULT. this way you know its a problem with the ULT not the LX. thats just my opinion i like to solve things in steps and by eliminating things as the problem.. TO me it sounds like the leek is a problem with the level 10 and the rapid fire is a problem with the ULT or Sear. Perhaps your sear is rough or sticking.

RazorMonkey
10-30-2005, 10:55 PM
Alright... A size down on the LX... I'll try that tomorrow...

gus13
10-30-2006, 12:18 PM
here's a noob question for ya'll does the ULT come standard with x-valve or is it an upgrade for it? (like I believe it to be) I don't want to "upgrade" my trigger with the same kit that I already had in the first place. just curious cuz I have both the x valve and the ULT but I haven't installed the ULT for the above reason. thanks for your patience, and answers.