PDA

View Full Version : New to Mags

XenoSkin
10-30-2005, 07:53 PM
First off hi every one( this is my first post)

and now for my question for about a week i've been considering getting a mag but quite frankly i haven't the faintest idea about the differences in between the all the models out there. Any clarification would be welcomed. Also any sujestions on how to get one for a resonable price would be greatly apprciated.

also sorry if this is on the wrong forum

bleachit
10-30-2005, 08:11 PM
level 7

level 10

level 10 is "anti chop" level 7 isnt. level 7 is less complicated

classic, 68, micro valve:
older, slower recharge can be used with co2 or compressed air. If you use CO2 a good reg, expansion chamber or anti siphon tank is almost always necessary to prevent the valve from freezing and the marker deciding it doesnt wanna work.

retro, rt, xvalve:

newer, faster recharge, can only be used with compressed air.

bodies:
standard feed, powerfeed (right left) and cf stainless steel:

stainless steel bodies, use twistlock barrels.

vert feed ULE, aftermarket bodies (made from AGD sluggo boddies), TAC 1:

aluminum, lighter, uses cocker threaded barrels, angel feednecks, and I think angel detents.

classic, 68, micro, retro, RT, Tac 1:

mechanical markers, fairly heavy trigger pull.

ULT:

Ultra Light Trigger:
makes trigger pull for most mech mags rather light, complicates things, can only be used on certain ones (something with the orings in the on/off assembly)

Emag, Xmag, Etac, Micro Emag:

Electronic versions of automags, use RT or Xvalves, Big arse battery pack, Mech. hybrid or full electro mode of fire.

Most mags purchased new will come with a Xvalve with a level 10 bolt installed and tuned, unless it says its a classic valve or says it has the level 7 bolt.

find em cheap on automags.org used, or buy em new from one of the many ao vendors.

neppo1345
10-30-2005, 08:14 PM
Deep down inside...they all work on the same principle. The biggest difference is usually cosmetic with many different body styles.
The only real performance differences are:

Level 10 - Virtually stops the bolt from chopping paintballs in the breach...not necessary...but very nice

ULT - Significantly lightens the trigger pull (i have no experience with this)

RT Valve - punches the trigger back out to allow higher rates of fire

X-Valve - basically a super RT valve with an amazingly fast recharge rate (velocity wont drop when you shoot really fast for extenede periods of time) - includes Level 10

E-Mag, Hyperfame - an electronic grip frame for the mag (once again, i have no experience)

ULE - a very light body made from aluminum, allows you to use cocker threaded barrels

Intelli Frame - double trigger frame from AGD, allows for a microswitch to be inserted to link your hopper to your gun so that the hopper aggitates(sp?) everytime you pull the trigger. (not an electronic frame)

Everything else is basically cosmetic...

Good luck...if you need anything else...be sure to ask...

(guys...if i missed anything, please point it out)

Yogster
10-30-2005, 08:16 PM
Welcome to the forums.

Hope you choose a mag to shoot.As for the differences you might want to look here this will explain the different valves.
http://www.airgun.com/products.shtml#compare

As for prices it all depends if you want new or used.There is many great dealers on here and also some great deals on the marker forums and misc forum.

Good Luck in Hunting for your new marker.
Yogster

XenoSkin
10-30-2005, 08:47 PM
ok heres another question and a rather dumb one at that but...

whats the point behind all the feed kinds?(esp the 45 degree power feed)(not a value jugment just why would one whant there feed neck to one side other than to clear a sight)

bleachit
10-30-2005, 08:50 PM
I believe it was to provide more consistent feed due to less blowback on the ball stack. its pretty much a moot point with the electro hoppers of today.

neppo1345
10-30-2005, 09:12 PM
the feed neck on the left or right usually corresponds to the hand the shooter prefers to shoot out of...if they use primarily the right hand, then you want a hopper left powerfeed so that when shooting from the right side of the bunker your hopper remains concealed behind the bunker and dosen't stick way out...

Yogster
10-30-2005, 09:38 PM
plus the emag/ xmag version is too lower the profile of the marker instead of having a hopper sticking in the air.You can use a warp feed system.

XenoSkin
10-30-2005, 11:37 PM
bah while im at it i might aswell ask this one to...

what kind of input pressure does as mag need/like i already know that they hate C02 but HPA tanks have a wide range of pssible pressures?

ohh.. and beyond the tank, hopper and air lines is there anything else needed to get a mag up and running?

neppo1345
10-30-2005, 11:41 PM
They need a high input pressure...i think somewhere in between 500-800 psi...

Nope...maybe a drop forward and asa...but i figured youd include that with the air lines...