PDA

View Full Version : Hall harness question

latches109
10-31-2005, 01:20 PM
on the hall harness there is RED, BLACK, and YELLOW wires, which is positive, negative, and graound?

Mind'sEye
10-31-2005, 07:42 PM
on the hall harness there is RED, BLACK, and YELLOW wires, which is positive, negative, and graound?

The yellow wire is + (trigger) the black wire is - (trigger) and the red wire is connected to a +5v power source. That is if you have an HES harness that is wired (in the gun as you take the cover off) Red-bottom wire, Black-middle wire and Yellow-top wire. I wired it this way to a Mini-Morlock in my Emag and it works great!

latches109
10-31-2005, 10:33 PM
I am removing the hall and moding to a microswitch. I competely removed the red wire.

Tunaman
11-01-2005, 06:17 AM
I have seen the wires in every possible combo. Don't go by the colors. The manufacturer of the hall switch assembly doesn't always use the same color scheme. ;) ;)

athomas
11-01-2005, 01:07 PM
Yeah, I found one that was different too.

Mind'sEye
11-01-2005, 07:28 PM
I have seen the wires in every possible combo. Don't go by the colors. The manufacturer of the hall switch assembly doesn't always use the same color scheme. ;) ;)

Guess I was lucky when this 01/02/2004 advice in the thread, "Wiring HA Sensor to a Morlock Board?" worked for me (with #11 and #12 reversed). ;)

Using the connector diagram from KM2, I have had success with the following combinations:
#4 Green to HES Red
#7+8 Red and Blue to Solenoid any way- Polarity neutral
#9 Black to Battery -
#10 Red to Battery +
#11 Black to HES Yellow
#12 Grey to HES Black
# 11 and 12 may need to be reversed.
Hope this helps

Anyway thanks for the clarificartion. I know athomas had a little trouble with his at first because of crossed colors. I guess I need to take the time to study the pinout before commenting. :)