PDA

View Full Version : Tac one Oring

sasquach
10-31-2005, 10:56 PM
Hey all, it's been a while. I've loved my tac one, but when I took it apart to clean it I noticed something: On the bolt, after removing the front part (for lack of a better term, the hammer- the part with a spring on it), there is a thick O-ring, which was severely mangled though I managed to place it back on my marker. Do I need to replace it? what purpose does it serve? only to soften the blow of the "hammer?" I just need some input guys. Thanks,

Andrew

Pullman
10-31-2005, 11:09 PM
Yeah the rubber washer thingy is a bumper so the bolt doesn't smash up against the valve body or whatever. You prolly should replace it if it's already badly munged up. In the mean time there is a black cement IC 3000 or something like that which you ought to be able to get at an RC shop. It's the glue they use to keep rubber RC tires on the rims. Put a couple tiny dots on the bumper and put it back in place. Leave it like that over night. It will glue your bumper down. It gets munged up cause it slides up and down the length of the powertube some times which shreds the inside. When you get the new one do the same thing. Hope that helps.

TheAngryDrunkenRussian
11-01-2005, 12:13 AM
I'm sorry my opinion replace it. keep it original. every valve is different like a manual veichle they are not the same :nono:

peewee
11-01-2005, 08:56 AM
Replace it use the RC glue as mentioned it may make it last longer. they come in the oring kit.

Chronobreak
11-01-2005, 11:39 AM
replace/and superglue the enxt one down or use the RC glue

they usualy last about a year, but idf they start moving with the bolt they go really fast

BlackVCG
11-01-2005, 11:31 PM
I'm sorry my opinion replace it. keep it original. every valve is different like a manual veichle they are not the same :nono:

What?

Anyway, I'm amazed my quick fix solution to glue the bumper down has caught on so much that three of the people replying in this thread recommended it.

Gluing the bumper simply keeps it in place keeps it from coming off the end of the valve and then having the bolt come flying back and smash it back onto the valve. This eventually wears out the center of the bumper and then with a larger hole in the center it can't stay centered on the valve so it starts wearing out more of the bumper until it finally shreds into bits and you pick pieces of it out of the frame and mainbody.

The "real" fix would be to put a smooth radius on the I.D. of the bolt to get rid of the corner that smashes into the bumper, but that's more labor intensive than putting a few drops of glue on the valve and then pressing down a new bumper and letting it cure.