PDA

View Full Version : angels...or....e-mags

bushy
12-08-2001, 04:50 PM
I can either get a angel fly or a e-mag for christmas. I would ask 1 person and he would say e-mag another angel. angel people would put down e-mags. e-mag people would put down angels. so just tell me witch one is better why...howcome...

thanks

X-Plosive
12-08-2001, 04:58 PM
the superfly is really a waste of money. It's only about 3 oz lighter. I would probably get the angel or wait and get an e-mag extreme or SFL. Late christmas presents are always more expensive anyway.

i-luv-my-rt
12-08-2001, 05:05 PM
Hey Bushy..

I'm the guy that talked to you on the Pigchat room. I will still stand behind my E-mag decision. Here's a pic of my emag that has been totally tricked out with intellifeed everything and moved battery pack. These are the few possibilities of them. The stock extremes have ACE and are sweet as hell looking for around the cost of a stock FLY. SO either way your gonna make out with buying an EMAG. IMO!!!

Russ
12-08-2001, 06:06 PM
I had to make the same decision. I chose E-Mag. I have No regrets whatsoever.

Chaos
12-08-2001, 10:22 PM
ok, you all will hate me. Personally, I dont like the trigger on the emag, I've tryed a few and none were setup to a way I like. I've also tryed angels, all of which I can like, some didn't have the trigger the way i'd like it, but I liked them all, tho i do have favorites between different angels. Personally I wouldn't get the fly, but its mainly cosmetic, down to the heart they're ALL angels. In the world of tourny, I've seen many RT's go down (which is the heart of the emag, a retrovalve, speaking of which a friends went down last weekend at practice), but I still have YET to see an angel go down....

The angel is built great, I've never seen one break, and I've seen millions (my friend gets a new one each week.....(bluedarkangel for those of you that know him)), and still have never seen one break.

toymyster
12-09-2001, 12:06 AM
I am in the same boat with Russ, I was deciding between the E-mag, Angel, and Excalibur!! I chose the E-mag mainly for it's reliability and the phenomenal customer service AGD provides!! I Love my E-mag, and do not regret the decision!! Also, if you are thinking about the Angel, wait 'till Akalmp comes out with it's Viking, It feels and operates like an Angel, but has internals of the Excalibur!! I shot a pre-production model, and was very impressed, still, I'm glad I went with the E-mag!!
Hope this Helps!!

Chaos
12-09-2001, 12:14 AM
yeah, the viking is nice. MSRP is like $750 or something, they're going to be sweet. I picked one up and could rock on the trigger as soon as I shot it, it was really nice. Also the weight factor, the viking is LIGHT.

Oregon_pb_
12-09-2001, 12:34 AM
I posted this over at Pbnation on the post asking the same Q there. I'd be willing to bet $20 over half the people that replied have never shot an EMag in there entire life. Yet they swear by there mother that the angel is better. Someone should really lmk how ignorant they are, cause i doubt they know.
******note i'm not saying the Emag is better, i'm saying personal preference is the way to decide, not what some newbie that had his parents buy him a angel cause everyone else has one******

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=300065#post300065

"No one even seems to know what there talking about on here... cept kAmAkAzEe.

Read his post, its personal preference. I've seen angels shoot like a mother, a kagilan BPS and not break one. I've also seen angels break like theres no tommorow. This holds true for emags as well. Buy either, fine tune it to your liking and i think you'll be happy either way you go. There both fine markers.

I prefer an emag for 2 reasons.

One there so many angels out there its not funny.

Two i've always had good luck with mags, and I don't care what company you deal with, AGD is the best Bar none. There Tech/warranty is so far above any other company i'd buy there products any day of the week. (they do need to lower the pressure a tad, i agree. No one needs a bolt that can cycle 28 times per second)"

TheBigRaguPB4L
12-09-2001, 12:57 AM
you say you've never seen an angel break but you've seen mags break. all guns break. every single company that makes paintball guns do not make a gun that will never break. it is impossible for any one company to make a gun that will never break. i've never seen a mag go down. i've seen a few angels not want to work. doesn't mean that one gun would be better than another. i for one will never own an angel. i would take a stock mag with a forgrip over any angel. not that angels aren't good guns. i've seen angels shoot straighter and faster than any gun i've ever owned, but there is nothing more satisfying than taking out a guy with a double trigger mag with a carbon fiber barel when he just unloaded 800 rounds at your bunker at 13bps.

~WarpedRT~
12-09-2001, 01:16 AM
Viking??? sounds interesting. MAy have to take a look at that. Oh, and as for the Angel and E-Mag thing, get the E-Mag. You can still play when the battery is dead. Fastest valve in teh World, and AGD customer service is unbeatable.

Arand
12-09-2001, 03:10 AM
I'm lucky enough to have a large collection of paintball guns. Over the years, my collection has grown to include an Emag, Angel LCD, Bushmaster, minimag and a custom autococker. IMO there is an ocean of difference between a mechanical gun as compared to a good quality electronic gun. I find that electros allow you to shoot faster while keeping a tight shot grouping. I can shoot fast with a mechanical trigger, but I find that the shot groupings are larger than with my angel, emag, or bushy.

Which do I prefer? I honestly feel that the Angel is the most refined gun on the market. As compared to an emag, the Angel has less recoil [haven't tried the superbolt on the emag yet, it's on order though], is slightly more efficient, lighter in weight, quieter, easier to clean after a chop or ball break, and a bit more reliable (I've had a led and now a lcd and between the two guns [2 years of use], i've had 1 problem -- burned out board). The downside? Angels cost more and lack personality. Angel performance rocks, but they are boring. Kinda like driving a Mercedes, smooth and [yawn]....

I use my emag more than my other guns by a wide margin. I like it because it's more compact and when you get on the trigger the gun feels aggressive. That's what it comes down to... try the guns, if someone will let you play a few games with it and see which one you enjoy playing with more. People will talk day and night arguing the "minor" benefits of one versus the other, but in the end, there is not a heck of a lot that is different between an angel, emag or bushy. Cosmetics and weight are the biggest differences. Cosmetics are preference and the bushy wins the weight battle by a long shot.

Here's a quick breakdown of my opinion on some factors:

Trigger:
Emag -- Crisp and solid. Not springy at all, as soon as you put enough pressure to fire the gun the trigger is all the way back.
Angel -- As compared to the emag, the trigger is softer and has a springy/bouncy quality to it. I can rip on this a bit faster than on my emag.
Bushy -- A ton more slop in the trigger than the emag or angel. Easiest trigger to adjust of the three. Stock trigger is the lightest of the three guns.

Weight:
Emag -- feels heavy because it is :)
Angel -- feels a bit lighter than the emag.
Bushy -- lighter than the others by a WIDE margin.

Reliability:
Emag -- had it for about half a year, been back to AGD twice. Once for an upgrade to 1.37 software (it came with 1.35 and the gun would sometimes fire twice per 1 trigger pull) and a second time because the solenoid went out.
Angel -- had an led and lcd for about 2 years. Had a bad board on the lcd and had to have that replaced (electronics would turn off by itself once in a while).
Bushy -- had it for 1 year, no problems.

Feel:
Emag -- feels like a tank. grips suck and there are no aftermarket grips available. The front battery make an awesome grip, big and solid.
Angel -- feels solid and refined.
Bushy -- 9 volt battery rattles around the battery compartment. Feels extremely light and a bit cheap due to the sloppy trigger plastic grips. Can't beat this gun for the price though. Won a few in a recent tourney so if ya want one, I have a few to sell ($375 each).

Good luck and enjoy your gun, which ever one you choose. Hope you found some of this stuff helpful, but remember that it is just my opinion. And an opinion is like a xxxxxxx everyone has one ;)

Arand

AngelBoy
12-09-2001, 08:30 AM
Well, first off for TheBigRaguPB4L... ICE did make a gun that pretty much cant break, the epic. But thats a whole different subjject and I could ramble on about that gun for hours...

About the emag angel debate. Get the emag. A lot of the people in other forums are really biased towards the angel, but not here. I use an angel but I wish that I had waited a while so I could get a emag extreme. I hate the stock trigger of an angel, mine was really sloppy. Everytime I shoot an emag I can rip on it so much faster than my angel. Ask if you can get a late X-mas present and then get an E-mag extreme.

mac2k4
12-09-2001, 08:44 AM
i really liked the viking, i'm prolly going to sell somin and get one(maybe my dark lcd? or maybe not??) but i liked it, really air efficient, light, and when trigger is set right(and they don't cap it at a low number) ya can rip on'em, plus there kinda lp so chopin and pinchin balls won't happen much...

but there the same body as a caliber, not same insides.

gimp
12-09-2001, 11:30 AM
I recommend that you try each of them. They're both good guns (I prefer the e-mag), but they feel a lot different. Try each of them out an just see which one you like better.

Bad Dave
12-09-2001, 11:50 AM
I would say the gun that allows you to play the best.

I used to have a RT with warp and all I did was hide behind it, shooting fast,no chops, goin retro etc.etc.

Just bought a used LED with a really low hopper setup, turned the ROF way down, no chops, but I am playing aggresively, playing tight and being a factor in the game.

I still like my RT but as I play better with the angel that is my choice.

AGD
12-09-2001, 01:26 PM
Bushy,

I would be curious to hear your comments on the replies you received on this post. As you can see, your not getting the "Angels suck" comments from people on a mag board. How do you read that?

AGD

TheBigRaguPB4L
12-09-2001, 01:30 PM
angels are the worst guns ever made. only agd makes good guns. hahahahhahaha. just kidding. well, except for the second part.

Miscue
12-09-2001, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by AGD
Bushy,

I would be curious to hear your comments on the replies you received on this post. As you can see, your not getting the "Angels suck" comments from people on a mag board. How do you read that?

AGD

Last time I spoke to him in the chatroom, he said he cancelled his Angel order and is going to go for an EMag. YAY! :)

mac2k4
12-09-2001, 06:19 PM
i gotta shoot paul's e-mag (on here he's unseenunherd or somin like that...) and it was prety nice, looked better in real life than on the internet. and it was fast, but in electronin(in my opinion!) it sucked, but in manual hybrid or somin, i think thats what its called, it was tight as hell. but it had some kick, but if thats what your used to, well its great, but overall it was real good.
i'd still ratha have my angle. but hey it was still nice, i got to shoot about 2 or 3 hoppers out.
but hey paul i'll never get used to the warp feed lol.

but hey i rank it a 9.899/10
i say my angel is 9.99999/10

is there anyway i can get a e-mag(w/o the normall electronic part? justthe hybrid mechanical mode? cause thats what was the best too me

unseenunheard
12-09-2001, 07:10 PM
mac2k4 - glad you liked it, i kindof prefer the hybrid trigger over the electronic pull to but i haven't adjusted the trigger any yet so i don't know but the warp isn't for everybody and at least you gave it a try before deciding you didn't like it, you wouldn't believe the people who simply say they don't like it and never even ask to hold it to see, but i am very happy with my e-mag.

Miscue
12-09-2001, 07:17 PM
Originally posted by mac2k4
i gotta shoot paul's e-mag (on here he's unseenunherd or somin like that...) and it was prety nice, looked better in real life than on the internet. and it was fast, but in electronin(in my opinion!) it sucked, but in manual hybrid or somin, i think thats what its called, it was tight as hell. but it had some kick, but if thats what your used to, well its great, but overall it was real good.
i'd still ratha have my angle. but hey it was still nice, i got to shoot about 2 or 3 hoppers out.
but hey paul i'll never get used to the warp feed lol.

but hey i rank it a 9.899/10
i say my angel is 9.99999/10

is there anyway i can get a e-mag(w/o the normall electronic part? justthe hybrid mechanical mode? cause thats what was the best too me

Dude, you gotta play with the trigger a bit if you don't like where it's at... it's pretty adjustable. I took out a magnet, shortened the trigger some, did some other secret adjustments (hehe) and now it's SOOPAFLY! :)

TheBigRaguPB4L
12-09-2001, 07:33 PM
wouldn't an emag without the electric be an rt? just curious.

Miscue
12-09-2001, 08:01 PM
Originally posted by TheBigRaguPB4L
wouldn't an emag without the electric be an rt? just curious.

It's similar. The syllenoid plunger is hanging off the sear, which changes it somewhat.

bushy
12-12-2001, 04:13 PM
you wanted to know my thoughts on it? Ok, after all these replys a lot of people said "its just personel prefrance" and I think that is true when its 2 guns on the same quality level like this if you know what I mean. I figured there would be a shure anser between what gun is better but obvously there isn't. so I went on my personell opinion and decided on the e-mag. I mean when am I ever going to need to know what the temp is ,and a little vibrator in the handle? I think that the mag is a little more low profile and compact. Oh, can have manual or electronic and I liked that idea and I think the mag is easier to work on too. so thats my opinion and thats why I decided on the mag.