PDA

View Full Version : New Mag User.

installer020
11-01-2005, 12:12 AM
I just got a brand new Emag in a sweet deal. It is a left feed mag that has 1.37 software on it. This is my first mag so I have a couple questions. First, I am being told that I should put a level 10 in it. I understand it will help reduce ball breaks, what does the marker come with stock. Second, what does the XValve do for me. Third, I have an evil pipe kit threaded Cocker from my last marker, if i get a ule vert feed body this barrel kit will work, correct? Fourth, removing the site rail won't cause any problems will it? I am currently running an Evo II with Yboard and a PMI 68/4500 with high pressure output. Does everything sound ok here. Any advice or insider info would be mucho appreciated. Thanks, matt. :headbang:

psychowarden
11-01-2005, 12:27 AM
Congrats on the Mag.
1 From the question, I cant tell if you have an X-valve already, or you want to get one. But the Level 10 is a great piece of equipment to have in your gun. I can safely run my X-mag without the eyes, and not worry at all. I can stick my finger in my breech, pull the trigger over and over again, and not worry a bit. Tom Kaye has a video on the AGD website of him sticking his tongue in the breech of a Level 10 mag and pulling the trigger. Stock the marker probably has a level 7.

2 The X-valve is ligher, and has a much higher recharge rate, and allows for higher ROF when in mechanical mode.

3 Yes, if you get a ULE body or Karta body, the cocker threaded barrels will fit.

4 No, removing the site rail shouldnt pose any problem.

5 That setup is just fine. Almost identical what I am, just I have a 72ci tank, and on an X-mag, but thats just an E-mag with eyes.

Once you get the gun, get used to the trigger a bit. It took me a while until I was used to it and could consistantly walk at about 13 bps, sure, doesnt sound very fast, but the Mag doesnt have cheater boards or ramping like other guns, and eventually, you may want to upgrade to a different trigger, such as a Tunablade or Fireblad, if you search, you shall find. I hope you have many good games with your new found Mag, and congrats again.

installer020
11-01-2005, 12:31 PM
I don'd believe mine has an XValve, just whatever is stock!! What suggestions do you have on the hose, it is kind of wierd. Do you just loop it way forward?

athomas
11-01-2005, 01:02 PM
Some people loop the hose forward from the ASA drop to the valve. I loop mine backwards. Its all personal preference and how you have your bottom line setup.

If your valve has a stainless front half and is stock then you probably don't have a level 10 unless it was installed after the fact. Level 10 is a must have for the emag. You will most likely outshoot the feed, unless you run a Halo, and will chop balls. The level 10 prevents that.

You won't have any improvement in performance with the Xvalve since the xvalve is just an all aluminum retro valve anyway. The only improvement is lower weight by 3oz.

The ULE body is a nice improvement and will allow you to use your existing cocker barrels.

installer020
11-02-2005, 09:50 PM
If I was interested in selling this Emag with a new 88/4500 with tank cover and a 32 Degrees drop forward with on/off ASA, what would be a fair price to ask?

11 Bravo
11-03-2005, 02:47 PM
Well, that didnt last long.

Check the bst section and see if you can find an Emag that is comparable to yours- see what they are asking.

Emags can range from 3 or 4 hundred to over a thousand. Depends on the gun.

I just read your post again and see that it is a pretty old Emag so I would say its going to be in the lower end of the price scale.

athomas
11-03-2005, 02:49 PM
You would probablly get about $550.00.

ThePixelGuru
11-04-2005, 07:12 PM
If/when you sell it send me a PM. ;)

installer020
11-05-2005, 12:59 AM
What is a pm?

ThePixelGuru
11-05-2005, 02:07 AM
PM is a Private Message. Click my username, then hit "Send thepixelguru a private message" or whatever it says. There's something in the upper right corner of the page that tells you about your private messages. I'll send you a PM, check that.