http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c241/sh0cktroop/Hybridhalocovers.jpg

made for easier cleaning....

Looks like more weak spots to break to me

Carbon
11-01-2005, 02:26 AM
We'll have to see how they hold up.

BigEvil
11-01-2005, 07:40 AM
Hmmm... I will have to check these out. Im break the damn Halo shells more than the lids or cones.

What i'd really like to see is a Halo shell made from tank armor.....

phantomhitman
11-01-2005, 07:47 AM
interesting idea, but I do not see why it is better. I guess you can disassemble the top part to clean out breaks in the tray? :confused:

BigEvil
11-01-2005, 07:59 AM
Thats what it looks like.. I think I see 3 screws holding the top to the bottom. That would be pretty easy to take apart and clean, but you still cant get to the feed neck or eyes.

I wonder if they can make a BIGGER top half, that would increase the Halo's capacity?

phantomhitman
11-01-2005, 09:09 AM
that is what i was thinking, but you would assume they would be selling them? :confused:

UTDragun
11-01-2005, 11:18 AM
Does anyone know exactly what the shocktech halo speed wheel thing does?

"Snap this little delrin pulley shim on and your Halo will beg for mercy! Sparks will fly and Jesus will part the eastern sky. Ok, not really but they increase the speed of your loader by approximately 133%!"

http://www.shocktechusa.com/images/products/misc/misc_hlo_spdwh_lg.jpg

NukeGoose
11-01-2005, 11:37 AM
It increases the velocity ratio of the belt drive; so the drive cone will spin faster and with less torque.

UTDragun
11-01-2005, 01:13 PM
hmm, well I dont see why they came out with those earlier, it seems to be simple, maybe all of their resources went into making ugly dm5's

ps. sent those jerseys yet?

Lohman446
11-01-2005, 01:16 PM
I'm thinking how much easier it would be to "drop" in the parts rather than have that clamshell design trying to get everything lined up as you go back together...

yakitori
11-01-2005, 01:42 PM
the shockteck delrin pulley is kinda pointless. A halo can only feed so fast. The faster the drive cone spins it reaches a point where it is spinning so fast that balls cannot drop into the slots of the drive cone to get fed, and then youre only getting like 1 ball in each gap instead of 2, which will reach a plateau and end up feeding slower than it would if you slowed down the drive cone a little so that the balls have time to get into place to be pushed down the feedneck.

Lohman446
11-01-2005, 01:45 PM
the shockteck delrin pulley is kinda pointless. A halo can only feed so fast. The faster the drive cone spins it reaches a point where it is spinning so fast that balls cannot drop into the slots of the drive cone to get fed, and then youre only getting like 1 ball in each gap instead of 2, which will reach a plateau and end up feeding slower than it would if you slowed down the drive cone a little so that the balls have time to get into place to be pushed down the feedneck.

I see it useful for the opposite purpose when you are having balls pushed past detents - less torque, less push.

yakitori
11-01-2005, 03:06 PM
I see it useful for the opposite purpose when you are having balls pushed past detents - less torque, less push.

put some grease on your pulley oring then. Cheaper than buying anything and works just as well. Of all the guns Ive owned, only the angel LCD that I had got balls pushed past detents. Never happened on my viking, Dm4, Ion, or any of the mags Ive owned. Even powerfeed mags w/ the tiny single plastic detent they had.

dont worry though, spinning 133% faster on the drive cone and you wont have to worry about pushing past detents cause youll be feeding one ball for most of the slots in the drive cone.

mcdkid
11-01-2005, 07:01 PM
poop. That is the idea i was going to use...

Oh well, i guess i'll pick it up.
But i will use velcro or something for an easier clean.

PaintballSmurf13
11-01-2005, 11:42 PM
:clap: just saw this earlier today... i can't wait to pick one up!!! first thing i thought was... why didn't they think of this sooner... it seems like such an obvious thing to change.

yakitori
11-01-2005, 11:58 PM
Ill save my 25 bucks and use a chopstick and a paper towel. You still gotta take it apart to clean the raceway and feedneck, etc, off.