PDA

View Full Version : Hope I eat these words.

SNDavidson
11-01-2005, 03:13 AM
I hope with all I have that AGD is actually doing something. Tippmann has a propane powered marker (the Flamer). IMO AGD has no more than a six month window to come out with something groundbreaking. Be it an entirely new marker, or something that completely changes paintball. This is it folks.

Evil1
11-01-2005, 03:15 AM
I really hope so too.

VFX_Fenix
11-01-2005, 04:00 AM
Given that the last "ground breaking" thing to come from AGD was... well... the Automag... I'm thinkin' that if they haven't come out with something in the last 10 years, nothing is coming out.

Then again... they'd be about due for something new, eh? :D

siloseven
11-01-2005, 06:42 AM
really what is there left to do? maybe having a mil/sim marker, it could just be an outer shell (look at the Smart Parts SP-8, ION with a shell) and it would catch some attention.

make a barrel kit!! there ya go. witht he engineering power of AGD they could possably come out with one if not the best kit.

come back with old re-makes insted of selling off old equiptment, like the sydarm, z-grip, and Flatline Air System (might need to change the name now). just put them into production again.

maybe a bottom feeding marker that loads paintballs from the bottom insted of threw the top.

and advertising is almost a must!

and get togeither with some teams and sponcer them in the tourni scene. with event getting more and more in the media that little patch goes a long way.

a new advertising sloagan wouldn't hurt.

doing an eletro mag, not to count out Rouge, Logic, Devil, ect. but one coming from the factory, even if it is not the best, it will still get the attention of the eletro world and can grow from there.

and some of this stuff isn't really that hard to do. but to each there own I guess. I am still a magger for life :shooting:

phantomhitman
11-01-2005, 07:51 AM
how about make a mag that works the same but has a different setup (no outside air hose). I mean it could look better (no outside air hose) and perform better (no outside air hose) but I would like to see a different set (no outside air hose). :D

Magglerock
11-01-2005, 09:15 AM
Just face it: AGD is dead. "Egineering power"? That left with Tom. This company has a year, two tops. Why do you think PTP passed on the Pneumag design? Because there's no market. Why is there no market? Because no one buys mags.

The Mag just isn't cutting edge anymore. It hasn't been for a while. You can say what you want about SP, but they build a gun that is cheaper than the mag, is more efficient, shoots 20 bps and has eyes. If you were a kid getting into the sport, what would you buy? And that's just the low-end. There isn't a single high-end marker that the Mag comes anywhere near competing with. The Shocker (yes, the Shocker), the 'Borg, Ego, Freestyle, E-cocker - the list goes on. We all love our mags, and that's very nice, but the undieing loyalty of a miniscule market base does not a company make. We are like those guys who drive around in Model T's (note I don't say hotrodders, as you can at least MOD a '68 Camaro and make it haul tail).

Dayspring
11-01-2005, 09:36 AM
You're new here... But all that has been discussed. And if it was that easy, don't you think AGD would have done it by now?

New electro marker- you think the grass roots approach has worked for them thus far? Just coming out with an electro isn't going to get over the perception that mags have in the marketplace.

Advertising- you ARE new here aren't you? :rolleyes:

Tourney- not going to happen. They've already backed out. AGD team won Skyball but it didn't change things a bit for AGD.

Barrel kit- the market has tons of them out. Why try to flood it with more?

Bottom feeding marker- tried the Warp. See how well that worked out?

Don't get me wrong, I'm a fan of Tom and his products- they are the best engineered ones out there today. But as far as AGD getting back on top, don't bet on it. Think of AGD becoming like a Palmer's Pursuit Shop kind of niche shop. It worked for him, why not AGD?

really what is there left to do? maybe having a mil/sim marker, it could just be an outer shell (look at the Smart Parts SP-8, ION with a shell) and it would catch some attention.

make a barrel kit!! there ya go. witht he engineering power of AGD they could possably come out with one if not the best kit.

come back with old re-makes insted of selling off old equiptment, like the sydarm, z-grip, and Flatline Air System (might need to change the name now). just put them into production again.

maybe a bottom feeding marker that loads paintballs from the bottom insted of threw the top.

and advertising is almost a must!

and get togeither with some teams and sponcer them in the tourni scene. with event getting more and more in the media that little patch goes a long way.

a new advertising sloagan wouldn't hurt.

doing an eletro mag, not to count out Rouge, Logic, Devil, ect. but one coming from the factory, even if it is not the best, it will still get the attention of the eletro world and can grow from there.

and some of this stuff isn't really that hard to do. but to each there own I guess. I am still a magger for life :shooting:

Dayspring
11-01-2005, 09:37 AM
Tom still owns the company. Zupe owns inventory. FYI.

Just face it: AGD is dead. "Egineering power"? That left with Tom.

quik
11-01-2005, 09:56 AM
Way to be positive AO.

craltal
11-01-2005, 09:56 AM
a propane powered pump gun, big deal. It is of limited usefulness, if you ask me.

It shows a use of technology, but I have a hard time seeing it move much past a niche market. I know I wouldn't want to play with someone who was using propane to fire 13+ bps, that just makes me cringe at the thought. Not to mention what the field's insurance companies would say.

phantomhitman
11-01-2005, 10:10 AM
Tourney- not going to happen. They've already backed out. AGD team won Skyball but it didn't change things a bit for AGD.

One tourney win? That is not going to do anything for any company. Skyball is a big tourney but not the uber 1337 nppl, nxl, psp tourney series that kids follow closely. It also takes time to build up the "tourney hype" so to speak. In fact, I can only think of a few guns that sold well riding on the back of tourney success or publicity (dynasty shocker, nyx dm3, and dark series to name a few). Only the top teams in the league can draw attention to a gun and they are all sponsored head to toe. Wether ANYONE wants to admit it or not, pro sponsorship does help IF that teams is one of the best or consistantly palces in the top 3. The smaller tourneys, lower ranked tournies, and "special tournies" (skyball, madness, aruba, scenario teams, etc) do not draw the same attention as the big boys so it does help to get yoru stuff in the spotlight.

On a side note now. I cannot believe Dynasty is signing up with sp again. I know getting free guns to shoot is nice and I would not pass it up, but I have seen them have gun issues and major chopping issues. All they do is throw that gun back and pick up another while the tech sorts it out, but these guys can pick up whatever sponsorship they want. Oh well, they must like the feel of the guns or the royaltues they get off of the sales of the dynasty shocker.

Dayspring
11-01-2005, 11:21 AM
And where is AGD going to get the $ to sponsor those big name teams that win games at the big Tournies?

The time of AGD & big tournies has passed.

Big SCENARIOS, that's a different story. I think AGD can excel there.

phantomhitman
11-01-2005, 12:56 PM
catch 22
Need money to make money

I hope all goes well with the scenario side.

Carbon Blue
11-01-2005, 01:09 PM
how many freaking threads a week do we need saying the exact same thing? Dont like AGD and what they have to offer? GO BUY SOMETHING ELSE!!!!! Me on the other hand and a handful of others are content with what AGD and its diehard dealers such as tuna, coolhand, nicad, luke, and WWA (sorry if i left anyone out) have to offer.

Soopa Villain17
11-01-2005, 01:53 PM
im sure agd will be around for many years to come , and if not , oh well , we still have plenty of other guys like tuna , rouge etc.. to keep producing parts. i love my mag and my old ones. it would be cool to see a new product and im sure alot of ao'ers would buy it , but im content with what is out now :shooting:

phantomhitman
11-01-2005, 02:28 PM
Its more than a handful bro, dont worry. Myself and those that you listed work hard to keep you guys, and your mags decked out.

Keep the faith.

burn rogue, hes a witch :mad:

;) :hail:

Automaggot68
11-01-2005, 02:29 PM
Its more than a handful bro, dont worry. Myself and those that you listed work hard to keep you guys, and your mags decked out.

Keep the faith.

Awww, how could we forget Rogue Factor?

-=Squid=-
11-01-2005, 02:40 PM
Awww, how could we forget Rogue Factor?
We didn't.

/lol

Carbon Blue
11-01-2005, 03:35 PM

Keep the faith.

omg im a complete moron for totally forgetting about you :rolleyes: ! Especially since your one of the more major dealers out there that help the mag community out tremendously!

mobsterboy
11-01-2005, 04:07 PM
well, rogue has neither the hat or the nose for looking like a witch, and im pretty sure he doesnt weigh as much as a duck, so we can't burn him.....

But, Automaggot68 does weigh as much as a duck, LETS BURN HIM!!! :headbang:

-=Squid=-
11-01-2005, 04:22 PM
well, rogue has neither the hat or the nose for looking like a witch, and im pretty sure he doesnt weigh as much as a duck, so we can't burn him.....

But, Automaggot68 does weigh as much as a duck, LETS BURN HIM!!! :headbang:
lol

phantomhitman
11-01-2005, 05:16 PM
but does he float or sink?

neppo1345
11-01-2005, 05:19 PM
what does the weight of a duck have to do with anything?

Head knight of Ni
11-01-2005, 05:33 PM

Alot.

p8ntball365
11-01-2005, 05:37 PM

"A witch is a female who burns. Witches burn - because they're made of wood. Wood floats. What else floats on water? A duck; if something has the same weight as a duck it must float. A duck and scales are fetched. The girl and the duck balance perfectly. It's a fair cop."

Monty python.

phantomhitman
11-01-2005, 05:41 PM

lmao,

pwwnagag33333!!!! (always wanted to do that)

thank you fellow monty python nuts

mobsterboy
11-01-2005, 06:44 PM
i <3 you all
but we have to burn the wicked one, for he knows not of the significance of the duck weight.

-=Squid=-
11-01-2005, 07:06 PM
i <3 you all
but we have to burn the wicked one, for he knows not of the significance of the duck weight.
God, shut up.

yingyang
11-01-2005, 07:43 PM
A valve you can get a case off a 68/45 fill?

siloseven
11-02-2005, 05:22 AM
You're new here... But all that has been discussed. And if it was that easy, don't you think AGD would have done it by now?

New electro marker- you think the grass roots approach has worked for them thus far? Just coming out with an electro isn't going to get over the perception that mags have in the marketplace.

Advertising- you ARE new here aren't you? :rolleyes:

Barrel kit- the market has tons of them out. Why try to flood it with more?

Bottom feeding marker- tried the Warp. See how well that worked out?

Don't get me wrong, I'm a fan of Tom and his products- they are the best engineered ones out there today. But as far as AGD getting back on top, don't bet on it. Think of AGD becoming like a Palmer's Pursuit Shop kind of niche shop. It worked for him, why not AGD?

Yes I am fairly new to the mag world, but saying that if these are so easy why havn't they done them, which is one thing that I don't know.

something to put a blip on the radar and catch some attention might go a long way in the right direction. true there are a hord of barrel kits out there, but when you put out one that isn't a load of bs it will get attention. re-advertise the flatline air and the sydarm and market it. and a basic elerto would make some rucuss around the comunity and get attention and attention is what is needed.

shoot, it might even be possable to make things for other markers, and not a z-grip for a venom bushmaster, more like a z-grip for timmys, IONs, shockers, stuff like that. there are probably hundreds of ways to get noticed that way and ride the coats of their success and win back some of AGD buyers when they visit the site/store.

shoot AGD has pations on the flatline, y-grip and z-grip - might not be the most popular thing in the world but it would get attention and they might get soem sales out of it which is better then none.

basicly what I am saying is do something more then nothing.

Dayspring
11-02-2005, 09:57 AM
The last blip on the radar was the Level 10. Yes, the ULT is nifty, but it was nowhere near the splash of the level 10. The problem was saturation. Everybody HAS the level 10 now that has heard of it.

Barrel kit without BS- Powerlyte Scepter among others.

Flatline- if you've noticed, there are SO few adjustable tanks on the market today. Most guns take one of 2 tanks- HP or LP. And the preset tanks are considerably less expensive. (Doesn't mean that the Flatline isn't a great reg, I have 2 of them, just that players are going for simplicity and cost.)

Electro- you didn't read that whole thing about Royalties & the lawsuit thing regarding Smart Parts did you? The Xmag was not a basic electro and caused minor ruckus- why? Supply.

Z-grip- wasn't popular when it first came out for the mag, What makes you think it'll be popular for a timmy or ion?

Yes, they may have patents on stuff (not what you mentioned however) but it's NOT going to gain them the kind of noteriety that you think it will.

AGD should focus on its strengths- mech guns & scenario.

Their problem isn't the people who come to the store now. It's the people who NEVER come, and that's the challenge.

Yes I am fairly new to the mag world, but saying that if these are so easy why havn't they done them, which is one thing that I don't know.

something to put a blip on the radar and catch some attention might go a long way in the right direction. true there are a hord of barrel kits out there, but when you put out one that isn't a load of bs it will get attention. re-advertise the flatline air and the sydarm and market it. and a basic elerto would make some rucuss around the comunity and get attention and attention is what is needed.

shoot, it might even be possable to make things for other markers, and not a z-grip for a venom bushmaster, more like a z-grip for timmys, IONs, shockers, stuff like that. there are probably hundreds of ways to get noticed that way and ride the coats of their success and win back some of AGD buyers when they visit the site/store.

shoot AGD has pations on the flatline, y-grip and z-grip - might not be the most popular thing in the world but it would get attention and they might get soem sales out of it which is better then none.

basicly what I am saying is do something more then nothing.

11 Bravo
11-02-2005, 10:54 AM
Thats his point.
He is saying do something so that people will come to the AGD site. Tom and Zupe sitting on there hands wont get it done.

SCpoloRicker
11-02-2005, 11:20 AM

lol

Magglerock
11-02-2005, 11:20 AM
Tom still owns the company. Zupe owns inventory. FYI.

"I have recently retired from the paintball business which I was involved in since 1987."

From Tom's personal website. He may still be a figure head, but he's moved on from hands-on egineering. "FYI."

Dayspring
11-02-2005, 11:35 AM
I think you may be mistaken...

Guys,

Remember, I still own the company, Zupe just owns the inventory. He is not an internet guy and for that reason is not likely to post here. As you have seen I am still here every day lurking and posting when appropriate.

If something is going to happen to AGD it will be because of me and I am working on it. Dave is keeping the pot simmering while I do.

Thanks

AGD

http://www.automags.org/forums/showpost.php?p=1998299&postcount=14

Magglerock
11-02-2005, 12:37 PM
I think you may be mistaken...

http://www.automags.org/forums/showpost.php?p=1998299&postcount=14

You can "think" all you want too, but you're still wrong. The proof's in the pudding, isn't it? Where's the new designs? Where's the new partnerships? The man said he's retired. You're not always right - deal with it. I know its hard.

SCpoloRicker
11-02-2005, 01:15 PM
You can "think" all you want too, but you're still wrong. The proof's in the pudding, isn't it? Where's the new designs? Where's the new partnerships? The man said he's retired. You're not always right - deal with it. I know its hard.

Pst... he's right on this particular issue. But thats ok, this topic has been beaten to death since, well forever.

Dayspring
11-02-2005, 01:47 PM
Just because he hasn't released anything or announced any new partnerships since he posted that in the past MONTH AND A HALF doesn't mean he's not doing anything.

So, as was said, YOU are wrong on this issue.

Magglerock
11-02-2005, 01:53 PM
Just because he hasn't released anything or announced any new partnerships since he posted that in the past MONTH AND A HALF doesn't mean he's not doing anything.

So, as was said, YOU are wrong on this issue.

No, I'm right. And when nothing comes of it in another six months, or year, or two years when AGD is nothing but a faint memory, I'll still be right, and you'll still be wrong. Really, its ok. We're all wrong once and a while. You're only human. You shouldn't be so hard on yourself.

FooTemps
11-02-2005, 01:59 PM
No, I'm right. And when nothing comes of it in another six months, or year, or two years when AGD is nothing but a faint memory, I'll still be right, and you'll still be wrong. Really, its ok. We're all wrong once and a while. You're only human. You shouldn't be so hard on yourself.

You're most likely right that AGD is never going to be back on the map. But I'm sure time will only tell if tom releases something (no matter now insignificant). Try not to be too close minded. Just say that it's possible but it still might not happen. lol

dahoeb
11-02-2005, 03:50 PM

maggerlock,
i don't wanna burtst your bubble or anything maggerlock, but dayspring has a lot more credibility and probably a lot more insight into the operations of agd. more than most of us here. he may be wrong. but hes not just throwing his opinions out there without knowing something about the topic.

you sound like your just stating what you think without any inside knowledge.

neppo1345
11-02-2005, 04:01 PM
I think we just shouldn't be worrying about this...

No matter how much we want agd to be huge again, and all the custom parts companies making things for our guns...theres basically NOTHING we can do about it...so it's completely pointless to argue about it...

speculating is fine...but it always seems like speculating ends up turning into an argument around here...

It's not in our hands...It's in Tom's and if Tom says he's working on something, I'll be **mned if he's not...things take time...gears are turning...i think they're just keeping things quiet until everythings finalized...breathe easy... ;)

dahoeb
11-04-2005, 09:58 AM
...breathe easy... ;)

sigh....(me breathing easy)

i agree. instead of fretting and worrying about this, agd/tom kaye would probaby want us to enjoy/play the sport and leave the worrying and business stuff to them.